Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion WIP

hishutup

::|: It. Looks. Amazing.

By LOD overwrites, you mean how it removes LODs and replaces them with vanilla LODs? Lol

I can see that being a (huge) issue. What are our options, commander?

Edit: I had a question - the author writes that it's best to use TMM since, in WB, the file will overwrite vanilla files. Have I just broken my game if I decide to uninstall this mod, or was your genius idea of installing the Data folder as a mod a preventative measure for issues like this?

Edited by AmeerHM

Uh, from memory, no.

Do you remember I'm slowly uodating the guide?

That being asked, expect issues because I am changing things around with a slightly different version.

Yeah, you haven't changed the character improvements section as far as I can tell.

The issue I'm having is very subtle and easy to go unnoticed; if you get a chance, please have a look. The anomaly is only occurring with redguards, orcs are fine and dunmer are slightly okay (they still look dodgy). Redguards look sun burnt though.

Picture for science: https://imgur.com/V3hS013

Hmm, should I have people unpack all the archives?

The benefit is quicker install and uninstall, easier to edit,and there is no need to add special cases to unpack the archive.

The downside is it takes up significantly more room and Wrye may be a little slower.

I think the benefit out weighs the negative.

I experienced your illusive bash issues yesterday; bash was making mistakes with its patch because I hadn't restarted it for a while.

Would it stand to reason that, the more you stress the application, the more liable of making mistakes it is? Maybe this could be of some consideration when the bash installers folder is like 40gigs unpacked lol?

Let's do it anyway though :D yolo

I experienced your illusive bash issues yesterday; bash was making mistakes with its patch because I hadn't restarted it for a while.

I told you that its a thing and it being unexplainable.

Would it stand to reason that, the more you stress the application, the more liable of making mistakes it is? Maybe this could be of some consideration when the bash installers folder is like 40gigs unpacked lol?

I think mine was something along the lines of 60GB for Oblivion and the Oblivion Mods folder.

Let's do it anyway though :D yolo

No, just, no but I think I am going to change it tomorrow.

Had a look at the modifications you made to QTP3; the caves defo look a lot more consistent now, good job, dude.  ::D:

I thought I'd install DarkUI, just to have a look at things through your eyes  ::P:  and I noticed this:

Loading screens

• Atmospheric Loading Screens
  1. Open the "Alternate Loading Screen xml's" folder.
  2. Open the "Atmospheric Loading Screens" folder.
  3. Copy the "loading_menu.xml" files and paste it in "menus" sub-folder at the root of the project.
  4. Select yes to overwrite.
  • Trollf's Themed Replacer - DarkUI Version
  1. Open the "Alternate Loading Screen xml's" folder.
  2. Open the "Trollf's Themed Replacer - DarkUI Version" folder.
  3. Copy the "loading_menu.xml" files and paste it in "menus" sub-folder at the root of the project.
  4. Select yes to overwrite

Isn't the first step (with atmospheric loading screens) redundant if you're just going to overwrite the loading_menu.xml again with trollf's themed replacer?

I understand you're meant to paste the loading_menu.xml file of whichever loading screen mod you chose earlier on in the guide, but maybe making that a little clearer would remove some confusing?

Edited by AmeerHM

That's a lot better man.

Also (hate to sound like Debbie-Downer here, but hey) the link for the shivering isles map needs to be updated to the newer mod.

Fixed.

I think, I will update the instructions tomorrow for unpacking all the mods.