Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion WIP

hishutup

sorry to disturb, but i have no answer from my last post, it's so unuseful? if it's so, i'm sorry for that :(

I have no thought on your post because like I have said, the guide is in need of updating. I appreciate you taking the time to write out the post and I'll be looking back at several other posts when the guide is being updated.

I just don't have the energy to update it at the moment.

• 1 month later...

im planning to play this game again heavily modded and i had a hard time finding a guide latest enough until i found yours. is this guide upadated so we can assume it's reliable to follow as a 2015 guide?

as of the moment i'm at the stage of compiling/listing the mods that im going to use. fortunately most of them are in your guide already. however a few of very important mods for me are not in your guide and i'm curious as to why they're not included cionsidering how (i think) usefeul they are.

these are:

-enhanced economy

-fundament or progress

-realistic leveling

these mods imho are one of the important mods that adressed the oblivion gameplay flaws especially regarding leveling, and more so on a modded oblivion, they become almost necessary.

next, im also curious if i can use these mods as integrated to your guide. I would just assume that your guide targets a build of non-magic player that's why you didnt include them?

-less annoying magic experience (LAME)

-supreme magicka

-midas magic of aurum

Sadly while this is the best modding guide you'll ever find for Oblivion, it is currently not updated and not reliable to follow at this time.

I started and finished the guide a couple days ago and if you follow this guide exactly at best you will have: "a game that looks beautiful and amazing....but with some missing meshes/textures, some people's eyes bulge from their head or glow like lights, a couple roads floating in the sky, 1st person camera is kinda messed up, camera switches to 3rd person whenever I talk to someone, low fps in some areas, etc."

A lot of the mods in the guide have been updated and the install instructions and patches have not been.

If you are smart and experienced enough with modding, you might be able to use the guide as a base in a sense, but following the guide as is at this moment will produce a working, but rather unplayable game. If you wish for the author to update it, try bugging @hishutup until he starts work on it again. :)

Hi there,

I am planning on using this guide as a base to setup oblivion/wrye bash/tes4edit and some of the related tools. I was currently going through the setup options as laid out but was curious about the following

"I recommend that you "Unpack to Project" for every mod. When asked what you want to call the project, keep the default label unless otherwise specified. For the larger mods I recommend that you "Hide" instead of deleting it but for small mods I would delete the old mod archive and keep the mod project.

Please understand that there are pros and cons to doing this but I think the benefits greatly outweigh the negatives."

What exactly are the pros and cons to this? I admit I have never used Wrye Bash extensively so would appreciate if the author or someone knowledgeable to expand and explain this a little further. Thanks.

When you unpack them, they are easier to edit and that is pretty much it.

MO operates in a similar fashion.

The downside is that it has a greater waiting time to refresh the installers but I have users disable the auto refresh and ask them to manually do it and another small downside is that it takes up more room.

I have not tested it nor do I intend on using it in Oblivion because Bash takes care of a good number of the small plugins.

Its not that I dont trust it, its that I do not see a reason for it. If I was going to incorporate anything like that, it would be the standalone version because well, its better.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unique Landscapes and Better Cities are currently clashing around Chorrol and causing quite a mess.
The patch to this problem is not in the patch pack, instead you have to uninstall the Chorrol Hinterlands from the pack and install a standalone BC compatible version.

I would keep an eye on this situation for the next update on this guide.

• +1 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey I'm gonna ask just in case if anybody know's what wrong:

I've gotten to the Optional Oblivion Startup part of the guide, but when start Oblivion everything looks fine at first until I press new game. Then the loading screen comes up and the screen freezes and the game crashes after it goes about a centimeter. Just wondering if anybody can figure it out off the top of their heads. If  you need screen shots of Wyre Bash and Boss just tell me.

EDIT: Here's a link to a imgur album I made with all my Oblivion stuff incase anybody wants to take a look and help me   https://imgur.com/a/ngESW

Edited by ShadowFyre

Hey I'm gonna ask just in case if anybody know's what wrong:

I've gotten to the Optional Oblivion Startup part of the guide, but when start Oblivion everything looks fine at first until I press new game. Then the loading screen comes up and the screen freezes and the game crashes after it goes about a centimeter. Just wondering if anybody can figure it out off the top of their heads. If  you need screen shots of Wyre Bash and Boss just tell me.

EDIT: Here's a link to a imgur album I made with all my Oblivion stuff incase anybody wants to take a look and help me   https://imgur.com/a/ngESW

Nvm someone helped me figure out that it was OSR so I disabled it since I don't really need it. But hey, I need help again. I'm trying to move the Oblivion Mods folder out of the SSD that it's currently in, so I went into the Bash_Default.ini and edited the "sOblivionMods=" "sBashModData=" and "sInstallersData=" to the custom locations that I want them in. So I copied the folder "Oblivion Mods" and everything inside to there and edited it so it led to the new custom locations just like how the example shows.

Here's some pictures to help: https://imgur.com/a/APnfM

The problem now is that when I open Wyre Bash it shows that the plugins are all still there, but when I go to the Installers tab it's missing all the packages. Any way I could fix this? I pressed Refresh Data and even Full Refresh. Thanks for any help you can give me and have a good day.

• 3 weeks later...

Better Cities has recently added Boron Dakkon's House in Oblivion from The Lost Spires, and I made the mistake of visiting at night, where a clear case of multiple textures fighting each other on the same mesh of the house.

At 7am onwards the walls seem to come right, but the windows still show the texture problem.

The Better Cities - The Lost Spires patch doesn't do anything to help remedy the issue. 

What would be a good solution for this? To use an earlier version of Better Cities? Or some other sort of solution such as removing the house from one of the mods?

LgvHicw.jpg