Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion WIP

hishutup

If you can put the WB marker section at the start of the first header to install mods, that would look cleaner imo.

Will do.

I don't think tes4ll is a huge issue tbh; it's just extraction and that's probably easier than installing through WB. If you're going to install tes4ll through WB, it would make sense to install all tools through WB, for the sake of completeness!

My idea just won't work. I added Shaders section which will contain only OR.

Installing alternate start early could be a great compromise, yeah. Sounds like a plan there, man.

Will do.

For OSR, I'm probably the densest person you'll ever meet, so I'll just post a picture of what I've done and you can confirm if what I've done is correct or not. https://imgur.com/IG3gyar

Seems fine to me.

Regarding the DarNUI loading screens: I will remind you if you forget!

::P:

YES! I don't use the DarkUI, like yourself, because I usually have a lot of ambient light in my room and the dark UI would just have me squinting all the damn time. Besides, that's probably one of the clearer written instructionables in the guide, lol.

Sweet.

The Lush and Gaudy pack is a bit pointless imo. I'm a bit green so when I see "do not use in current state", I don't even bother expanding the header... So maybe hide that and make it viewable when it's finished? The same would apply with DR6 and UV3. Keep the MOBS guided install, those instructions are nice a cleeeaaan. Major overhaul patches takes up WAY too much space for one mod that fixes horse asses. Roads of cyrodiil guided install is a bit unclear, maybe have four headings instead of 3 + 1, i.e. SIDE BY SIDE let the people drink, UL, UL + people drink, MTC expanded villiages.

​I'll see about making the necessary changes as I get to the sections.

Do it, mane. DO it.

:/

99% of people would just use FCOM. I can't applaud you enough for making the most dreaded and intimidating install on the internet for any game mod out there, SO DAMN EASY. I finished installing FCOM and sat there thinking, "was that it?". Maybe just do FCOM and arthmoors and maybe add some info on why arthmoors is so great; as so to shift the 99:1 ratio of people using FCOM?

I used several resources that I am unable to locate. I believe someone took them down because they were outdated.

The fewer overhauls the better in my opinion.

Dude, can you tell me why you need to restart WB after every install of any mod ever?

Not after every mod. lol

Just every now and then, especially when things start to become weird. 

What happens if you don't?

Mods dont install all the way, bash fails, etc. Sometimes its things that just act weird. I don't have a good example but I remember it being a thing.

Can you shift around the installed packages in the installers tab risk-free or might that break the game? (After annealing when necessary obviously.)

Can you, yes. Will bain always be happy that you did something like that, no.

Sorry for being illusive about Wrye Bash but sometimes it does some really interesting things.

*shrugs* 

yes, uncheck beautiful people or its called.

Its included with one of the body replacers.

I added a framework after the fixes section.

What do you think?

Yes, its small and doesnt really make sense but thats the initial idea of what is going to be there.

yes, uncheck beautiful people or its called.

Its included with one of the body replacers.

I added a framework after the fixes section.

What do you think?

Yes, its small and doesnt really make sense but thats the initial idea of what is going to be there.

I don't have a beautiful people file loaded :( https://imgur.com/8LwDZ8h this is also a thing.

Edit: your framework looks great; if you could do that all throughout the guide and have pictures for users to compare their load orders against, it would be reallllyyyy useful.

Edited by AmeerHM

Ok so a few major formatting things.

Are the BOSS rules clear and understandable?

Are the Bash rules clear and understandable?

Are the install instructions understandable?

Like the following image

1I2noDf

I don't have a beautiful people file loaded :( https://imgur.com/8LwDZ8h this is also a thing.

uh... I have no idea. I'll investigate when I get to that section.

BOSS rules have always been A*, bash tags have been as well. Some bash installation instructions have been really weird, I'll find myself looking for a plugin just to notice you're speaking about another package altogether. That picture looks really good, it is very clear.

I might have to try another re-install... Baaah. Do you know anything about flickering hair? I had this issue with vanilla.

I might have to try another re-install... Baaah. Do you know anything about flickering hair? I had this issue with vanilla.

Thats why I have people back up the data folder right after they download oblivion and then instruct them to use it as the first mod in wrye.

:P

You're not crazy, that was one of the first things I added.

In doing this, Wrye bash can basically reinstall the entire game if need be. 

This is also the reason I have people move the cleaned mods into another project and overwrite the original plugin.

Thats why I have people back up the data folder right after they download oblivion and then instruct them to use it as the first mod in wrye.

:P

You're not crazy, that was one of the first things I added.

In doing this, Wrye bash can basically reinstall the entire game if need be. 

This is also the reason I have people move the cleaned mods into another project and overwrite the original plugin.

Yeah those are all great ideas and everything but I have hardly installed anything and the game is already behaving like this :( Not to mention, I misunderstood one of your initial paragraphs where you said to restart WB after every mod, so add around 30 hours into my time, lol... I have maybe 50 mods installed in this second instance and everything looks exactly as I want it to; the UI is beautiful and the game is running at 60+ everywhere thanks to the FPS management provided by OR, it just sucks so badly that this bug creeped into the mix and there's hardly any support for it online. Everyone seems to think it's Ren's beauty pack, I don't even have that installed! Lol

Ugh, I think I'll try another re-install tomorrow (with your backing up ideas :P)

It sucks that this game is literally one of my top 10 favourite games of all time, nostalgia is a PoS. I'm feeling as if a lot of the times when modding this game, sometimes things just break with little user input whatsoever and it's like the game rolled a 20 on you :(. I just hope to get a clean install in the immediate future with like a million mods so I can play super-kawai-naruto-simulator! Jk.

Edited by AmeerHM

Honestly, the way I started making this guide is "I dont know ho to mod Oblivion and there isnt a good guide for it. I think I'll give it a shot"

After a week or so I had a guide. :P

If I have the same issues then it means I screwed up in the guide which may take time to get sorted because I am rewriting this as I go.

Okay, I think I have the manual install instructions for Dark UI done.

What do you think?

1EMFSH2

I could use HTML to change the numbering but html takes a bit more work to get it to behave.

Honestly, the way I started making this guide is "I dont know ho to mod Oblivion and there isnt a good guide for it. I think I'll give it a shot"

After a week or so I had a guide. :P

If I have the same issues then it means I screwed up in the guide which may take time to get sorted because I am rewriting this as I go.

Okay, I think I have the manual install instructions for Dark UI done.

What do you think?

1EMFSH2

I could use HTML to change the numbering but html takes a bit more work to get it to behave.

- The *one* with the square

- Maybe instead of saying "install the mod", say right-click the project in Wrye Bash and click Install? You have to cater to the lowest common denominator (:D me)!

It looks very good and seems easy to follow... Please do one for the DarNified UI now :P

I had a couple of questions, what does tes4ll and tes4lodgen even do? Why are they required and what happens if you don't use them? 

Edited by AmeerHM

The *one* with the square

- Maybe instead of saying "install the mod", say right-click the project in Wrye Bash and click Install? You have to cater to the lowest common denominator (:D me)!

I have no idea what you are talking about and as for the final line, I figure people would understand by now :P

It looks very good and seems easy to follow... Please do one for the DarNified UI now :P

-_- fine... but I am trying to figure out why HUD status bars is crashing.

I would definitely use TES5LODGen.

It basically places all the objects that vanilla left out for performance or ones that were added by various mods.

Like the IC, I mean what were they thinking.

tes4ll generates the distant mesh, texture and some other stuff.

So if you use UL, the terrain LOD may be a mountain in game but then actually be a small hill once you get close.

I see, thank you for the definitions.

My first bullet point was addressing a typo, dude.

Btw, out of interest, how and when did you learn to code? Do you study computer science in University or something?

Also, I don't even know why you try with HUD status bars! Oblivion XP doesn't need them and you don't endorse the primary needs mods; why care so much for a fugly mod!?

Edited by AmeerHM

Btw, out of interest, how and when did you learn to code? Do you study computer science in University or something?

Wiki markup is fairly easy other than those drop downs, they get weird.

Now the SMW stuff that I was getting into was a different beast.

Also, I don't even know why you try with HUD status bars! Oblivion XP doesn't need them and you don't endorse the primary needs mods; why care so much for a fugly mod!?

*Assists AmerHM off his high horse*

Because I kinda like them and Im the one writing the guide so :P

If you dont like them, then dont use it.

Although, I can see how one doesnt like the placement but that is about it.

EDIT: finished the darnified part.

The crash was part of hud status bars optionals, commented it out for the time being.

Yeah, that sounded super arrogant; the mod does add a lot of functionality, and if you have coding knowledge, you can make some great UI improvements with it.

Maybe you could write a small how-to on how to configure it?

I read the installation instructions for darn. It looks very clean and easy to follow but I'm still conflicted with "install the mod" haha. Maybe "install the project"? Once my game is done downloading, I'll give a shot at running through all this stuff.

By the by, you said BAIN wouldn't like it if you were to reorganise install order through bash's installer tab; why is that and what are the implications? Since I simply am not arsed to run through installing all 200 mods again, this being my third time, I'll probably be sitting with 70-80; what would the implications be of installing... Er, maybe the character improvements after the gameplay mods and just rearranging their orders in bash?

Maybe I trust bash as much as I trust skyrim's MO and that's my weakness? D:

Edited by AmeerHM

By the by, you said BAIN wouldn't like it if you were to reorganise install order through bash's installer tab; why is that and what are the implications? Since I simply am not arsed to run through installing all 200 mods again, this being my third time, I'll probably be sitting with 70-80; what would the implications be of installing... Er, maybe the character improvements after the gameplay mods and just rearranging their orders in bash?

Well, what I said was kind of my beliefs.

I cant remember the situation but I remember doing something and I had a hard time trying to figure it out and I remember the answer being uninstall all the mods then reinstall it.

I read the installation instructions for darn. It looks very clean and easy to follow but I'm still conflicted with "install the mod" haha. Maybe "install the project"? Once my game is done downloading, I'll give a shot at running through all this stuff. 

Im still not even close to being finished. I am going to remove several mods and Im going to add some different ones. Im also going to look at patching some of the scripts. for the sound mods. I dont really trust the guide in it current state because I am moving stuff around and what not. 

Feel free to use the guide on the parts that I have updated :P

I did want to make a UI preset for Oblivion but I just never got to it.