Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion WIP

hishutup

As someone in the process of reainstalling oblivion I'm really interested in this! Especially seeing how most existing guides are obsolete (2011 and earlier). In fact I just registered to be able to post in this thread! ::P:

I have some suggestions regarding several mods, should I make the post in the Mods forum first?

The way that mod suggestions are handled is you make a new mod topic in the mod forum and then link that newly created mod topic in a post.

I have various examples in the forum, here is a link to Oblivion specific examples.

There are a few issues with the guide but most of the mods should work just fine without any issues. If you see a potential conflict then just make a post. I would also look back a few pages in this forum topic because I made note of some mods that had issues. 

I am currently working out a different way to present the guide and will be redoing most of it, in the future.

I dont fully understand the question.

There are a couple of mods that do change leveled lists like FCOM.

He means items in quests not leveling up with the player and so becoming useless only a few levels after they've been rewarded. There was a neat little mod that handled it with an OBSE script automatically.

EDIT - Found it - https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/39635/?

Edited by Turkeys

As sson as I finish Kelmych's C&PD install, I'm going to go for this and see where MO can and can't be used.

Are there any major changes you plan on making to the mods you've suggested or can I assume this list will be pretty much it for a while?

Ok, MO can but like I have said numerous times but there are several issues and there are way too many workarounds to be used efficiently in the guide.

There is too much room for error when installing some pretty major mods.

Yes, I am planning on completely changing the guide from a free text system to a SMW system. 

Once I figure out everything and it is more/less set in stone, I will proceed to completely change it but I am still trying to find the best situation before diving in and moving the massive guide to something new.

If you know SMW stuff then go take a look in the HishutupStuff Category. 

Its going to be kind of a pack-like system but better suited to what I want. 

So far its pretty interesting.

I can tell you things are going to be a little different from the normal wiki page but it should add a level of interactivity.

This will be several months and I likely will not be making any edits to the guide until I get it done. If you (GantSP) want to take charge for awhile and edit some stuff feel free to.

Yes, I do not plan to change anything in the near future but I will be completely redoing the entire guide and moving it over to the SMW system once I am finished and hopefully any possible changes change be brought up in this thread because I am not sure how things are going to work once everything is in place

Good, that's what I was thinking. I'm hoping to be able to have some definitive information one way or the other as to how/why MO won't work for some mods so workarounds can be as few as possible. I've already seen MO handle a few BAIN mods fairly well, so maybe it has matured?

BAIN isnt the issue. 

Its wizard installers and OBMM scripted installers. 

The only OBMM installer are the DarNified UI mods.

There are several wizard installers, like UL patches.

There are even some EXE installers out there, I think I include atleast one.

• 1 month later...

There is small problem in the guide with a mod that got an update. That is Landscape LOD generator that was updated in February to version 5.01, and its a different type of install now.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/40549/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D40549&pUp=1

Also, can you please a little more in detail on how to use the Wrye Bash installer in the guide?

Edited by dreamer1986