Mythic Dawn: Gateway to Oblivion WIP

hishutup

Soire was going to do the mo thing but she disappeared and I think she isn't coming back...

I was going to use some sort of check boxes to hide/hide certain instructions. 

That was going to be one of them.

I do need other co-writers that are active in making decisions because what if I disappear ;_;

The guide would be abandoned at that point.

well I could disappear also but if you want someone else to help I'll do it.

EDIT:

About the wiki for MD.

I'm looking at the header image syntax and can't figure out why it should not show as my monitor's width resolution of 1366.

If I understand it correctly you have it set to be a MAXIMUM of 1850. Shouldn't that scale back to screen sizes that are smaller?

Edited by GrantSP

The image doesn't scale correctly, DoubleYou already gave it a shoot. Go ahead and experiment if you wish.

I still dont trust LOOT and so do a lot of other modders, CJ being one. I cant remember Neo's reason but in SR:LE, he doesn't use it either.

Its a long story and Im terrible at explaining things, I may try to explain it tomorrow.

I still dont trust LOOT and so do a lot of other modders...

Well I might be at odds with you on that, I see no evidence to not use it so it may be problematic if there are two sets of recommendations on sorting methods within the same pack.

I'll step back from this pack for the time being.

is BOSS suddenly out of date?

LOOT LO isnt defined, it supposedly isn't even content aware.

For skyrim its stuck more than a few plugins near the top where they definitely shouldnt be.

I've even had patches that worked their way toward the top which completely defeats the purpose. 

you can use the load after thing but then it completely changes the posistion of other mods. I find it frustrating.

There is only a few mods that need rules. 

I rather not have to deal with FCOM on a LOOT level since BOSS does it pretty well.

the reason I keep mentioning FCOM is because its probably the largest set of mods that I do not want to deal with...

I have no idea about FCOM, so it may well be 'easier' to deal with using a familiar tool like BOSS, I simply make the case that LOOT is developed by the same team that did BOSS and it, BOSS, WILL be phased out. LOOT is it's successor so why not start now using it, more users that come to the pack will be looking for guidance on the currently accepted tools, LOOT will be that tool. BOSS, as good as it was, will be left behind.

Just some reasons why LOOT shouldn't be dismissed.

A posting by Uhuru about LOOT.

The official LOOT FAQ.

I am coming to this forum with the mindset of supplying 'current' knowledge to installing mods, that is why I have taken on the task of championing MO as the best manager. Older, established users will know how to use a wide range of tools already but I am looking at the newer users that will actually be reading these pages.

I may be able to help out with this, just not yet. My timetable is full of stuff for at least 3 months .. maybe after that I could help a bit out with the MO side.

Regarding LOOT. Technically - afaik - there shouldn't be any problems with it, as it uses algorythms to sort the loadorder. Furthermore, the sort function was even more fine-tuned in the latest Alpha builds of version 0.7.0 (actually, yesterday Beta 1 of 0.7.0 was released), to make it more "human-readable" .. that means, if a plugin doesn't fall into any specific criteria options (has no master, is no master to another plugin, or something like that) it get's sorted alphabetically. The only problem there could be potentially, is that LOOTs masterlist for Oblivion is missing some stuff; which ideally people that know about mods for Oblivion should report to wrinklyninja, LOOTs developer.

Oh and just to makre sure: LOOT masterlist =/= BOSS masterlist .. the masterlist of LOOT is way smaller, as it only contains some stuff for very specific mods.

Edited by pStyl3

• 3 weeks later...

Would this be a necessary addition for getting COBL Races and OCO to play nice or is it only for the COBL Races - Balanced changes? Thank you very much for the guide by the way, after reinstalling Oblivion so many times seeing this is a huge timesaver.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45382/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D45382&pUp=1

Edited by Turkeys

There are a few issues in the guide but they should be fine.

I am working with some of the other staff to turn it info something potentially better.

Its been while since I touched Oblivion because other things have come up. I don't think it is needed but try it out and tell me what you like/ dont like

There are a few issues in the guide but they should be fine.

I am working with some of the other staff to turn it info something potentially better.

Its been while since I touched Oblivion because other things have come up. I don't think it is needed but try it out and tell me what you like/ dont like

Sure, I just have to get the base install completed first. BTW, The Unique Landscapes Compilation contains Up-to-Date versions for all the UL Mods except The Eastern Peak. The most recent version for that was released on the 29th of December.

Also, I found an unofficial patch for Ruined Tails Tale - Ruined Tails Tale - Unofficial Patch

Edited by Turkeys