General Feedback

F5/F9 are remapped by CASM to F4/F8 .. I totally missed that until now. That's working. ::):

Also I don't think you are missing anything by not being able to quicksave/load. I'm fairly sure there are save game corruption issues when the same savegame is overwritten as with autosaves and quicksaves, not 100% sure, but I do recall reading somewhere about that.

Yeah I have read something like that at one point aswell, on the other hand I never experienced any corrupted savegame, neither in Skyrim, nor in FNV.

I will test out CASM's F4/F8 Quicksave/-load, let's see how good that is.

The CASM version of Quicksave/load seems more reliable than the Bethesda one. I don't have any problems with CASM in FNV, but some users including me have the problem mentioned in the guide with FO3. If you don't have that problem with CASM I suggest using it.

I have downloaded the 20th Century Weapons mod from here since i can't from Gamefront, but i'm not certain it is the same file. The guide tag this mod for cleaning with FO3Edit, but from the esm (20th Century Weapons.esm) and the esp (20th Century Weapons Non-Changing Weapon Conditions.esp) that are left after the installation, there are no ITMs or UDRs to clean, since they do not share anything with the vanilla ESMs.

Can anyone confirm this?

I compared the version 5.1 file you got from modsreloaded with the version 5.12 file I got from Gamefront. The one from Gamefront has a few small additions, but nothing critical. All the basic files are the same. The differences are:

• the textures folder includes a small "projectiles" folder with a few projectile textures
  • the textures folder includes an interface folder with the icons folder inside; this is generally the correct place for the icons folder. Add a new interface folder in textures and copy the icons folder into the new interface folder
  • an optional folder with 50% quieter sounds is included
  • an XCalibr patch is included, but this is not needed (a version from a different mod is used)

Indeed, the plugin does not need to be cleaned.

1. I made mods Core for one of two reasons, either because other mods depended on it or because it contributed significantly to gameplay. With the darker interiors and darker nights resulting from lighting and weather mods (using the ones in the guide or ones that work better with ENBs) a flashlight is a necessary (based on at least my own gameplay) and reasonably lore friendly addition so I made a flashlight mod Core. I'm not aware of other good flashlight mods; if there are some the guide could include several with a recommendation that a flashlight is needed and one of the options should be used. As far as the light starting from your face, I don't think hand carried flashlights are realistic with all the combat so to me a head mounted flashlight seems more realistic. In real life I happen to have one and find it very useful when I need to keep my hands free for other uses.

Have you considered Smoothlight?

Smoothlight increases the brightness of the Pipboy light. I'll look at it and compare with some other similar mods. It's not a flashlight, but it (or another mod that increases the Pipboy light) can be used in conjunction with the flashlight. Typically the Pipboy lights help see things nearby, but aren't as effective for longer distances.

I got a small bugfix for ya.  I never really noticed until I found this mod but the super duper mart aisle signs are seriously messed up in vanilla.  Apparently this is due to the UV map not matching the color map correctly.  Someone went and fixed it: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/11234/?#

EDIT: Apparently this is included in the unofficial patch now. Better Clutter & Furniture is overriding it rebreaking the texture. textures/clutter/junk/aislesign* should be hidden in better clutter

Broken -> Fixed

vc2vNPy.jpg9SaLZuT.jpg

Edited by Adonis_VII

I got a small bugfix for ya.  I never really noticed until I found this mod but the super duper mart aisle signs are seriiously messed up in vanilla.  Apparently this is due to the UV map not matching the color map correctly.  Someone went and fixed it: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/11234/?#

Already part of the UPDATED Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.

Kelmych, have you checked every plugin(including the DLCs' esms) in this guide if it needs cleaning?About the files created by UIO, should I place them in the mod or leave them there?I also noticed that the generated uio\public folder is empty.Is that ok?

P.S. Have you considered uploading the optimized vanilla textures on the nexus?

Edited by hellanios