General Feedback

You can try tree LOD for FO3, but right now we're working on FNV tree LOD before moving on to FO3. The vanilla billboards exist, but there is no way to make them with FO3Edit like TES5Edit. You would have to use zliav's billboard creation tool: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60733/?

I'll be looking into doing this for Vurt's SFO later when FNVLODGen is a little more stable to see how easy it is to do this.

Just noticed that you have included my 'Descriptive Icons for Fallout 3' mod to the guide. Thank you, I am honoured. That being the case there is no longer any reason to use the other mods that provide similar changes to the PipBoy icons, my mod covers all of those and more.

Of course you could still install and use those and hide some of my icons, but why would you want to?  ::D:

I left them on since there were a few that weren't in your new, far more extensive, collection. Your mod overwrites the older ones, of course. FO3 Item Desc DLC has 1 such weapon icon, FO3 Item Descriptions has 40 such icons, and Pipboy Item Description Mod has 21 all in icons\stats. Your mod provides 560 icons! You win !!!

I didn't look to see how necessary these other icons are.

The one from Fo3 item desc DLC is:

textures\dlco3\interface\icons\weapons_incinerator.dds

The ones from Pipboy item description mod are:

textures\interface\icons\stats\*.dds

These two mods are only textures, there is no plugin.

Ahh... found an error in my placement. Incinerator was included in the vanilla assets not the DLC03. Fixed for the next version.

As for the stats. I'm not convinced on the idea of providing text for those, need to mull that over a bit more.

Thanks for the feedback.

Meanwhile I'll add this change to the guide and I'll remove Fo3 item desc DLC.

I haven't looked at FO3 Item Descriptions to compare with your mod in detail yet since it has a plugin. You can look with MO to find some icon replacer texturers not in your mod, but there are some others that need the plugin to work. It's possible that with your mod installed none of the FO3 Item Descriptions icons and plugin are actually needed.

• 2 weeks later...