Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I just saw this     https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49319/?

linked from the  NVR3 page, but it's not in the guide at the moment.  Is this "fix" something that could or should be recommended?Also, you mentioned, to stay away from FCO for now and use just NVR3 assets, but I could use some clarification, for peace of mind, since NVR3 states that FCO is a requirement for a NSR3 install. Thanks EssArrBee.  ::):

Edited by Falion

Welcome Falion! :D "Glad to see a friendly face, almost took you for a raider I did..." just kidding. I was also confused with that NVR3 thing. Generally I just stick to using FCO to make things simpler because I can never seem to get the two to work right. :

NVR3 does use FCO assets. Everything made since until FCO was updated. But the author was kind enough to upload the assets used by NVR3 in a separate file.

I guess it is really up to you. Personally I prefer FCO because it also changes the faces of the player as well as the NPC's.  

I changed the FCO instructions last night, so the FNVEdit procedure should be correct. It should be usable with the playable races now, but if not someone will let me know. I won't be able to actually test it until late tonight.

I don't trust Zan's. I've worked really hard on making the guide as stable as any heavily modded setup that Fallout New Vegas has ever seen. Using NVAC, NVSR, and ENBoost reduces crashes more than anything. If you still have lots of crashes then try Zan's, but try out the setup I made in the guide first, then drop ENBoost, and if that doesn't work try Zan's.

Thanks for the welcome Audley, much appreciated! I've used Dracomies stuff in the past ( DAO ) and had good results.  Earlier on a nexus post, SRB mentioned to stay away from FCO and just use NVR3 assets.  Yet the guide says to use FCO and NVR3 in a specific way and NVR3 says in order to use it, that you have to install FCO, but SRB said to stay away from FCO...so yes, I was a bit confused.  I mistakenly thought the "assets" he mentioned where somewhere on the NVR3 page ( and I couldn't find them ).After re-reading his initial instructions, reading your post, and re-reading both pages of FCO and NVR3, I understand more. The optional NVR3 asset file ( on the FCO page ) is at first easily overlooked, when your reading wall after wall of text.  It's also easy, when you've done things for a bit, to just assume you should know what you need to do, but that sometimes ends in disaster.Perhaps, I'll just go with FCO and totally bypass NVR3 for the time being as you said you did, until SRB better irons out the quirks of the 2 together.EDIT:  Thanks for the clarification SRB, I'll give it a go on the FCO, NVR3 install and I'll stay clear of Zan's!  :) 

Edited by Falion

The hardest part about modding your game is choosing between the mods; generally because you want them all. :p 

Personally, I would only use the Autopurge Crash Protector as a last resort. I have played through F&L a couple times using the NVAC and the NVSR and I rarely have crashes. 

Also, as a note EAB: 

Mod Organizer was updated to .12 to fix the Nexus Mod Manager button issue that was created when they blocked old versions of NMM from accessing Nexus. If anyone is still using .11 then they may have issues using the mod manager button and should apply the fix. Or update to .12. 

Ya my suggestion: use v1.2.11 and if you are having the Nexus Mod Manager button issue there is a small and easy fix. Go to "workarounds" and in the Nexus Version type in 0.52.2 and this should fix it. If you are not having any problems then don't worry about it. 

EssArrBee,I've seen several abbreviations of your name, SRB, EAB, all for sake of easier typing of course, but does it matter to you one way or the other?EDIT:  I have 52.2 in my workarounds, that's probably why I haven't got an issue. Thanks for clarifying Audley.  ::):

Edited by Falion

Ok, just wanted to be courteous and be sure. 

During the FOMOD installer, select Glowing Ghouls, Dirty Textures, Eye Textures, Hair Textures, and ENB Hair Meshes (if installing an ENB otherwise disregard), then click [Next].For the next window, select Playable Races+Roberts Patch and Willow, then click [Install].Install the Fallout Character Overhaul Patches optional file and click [Merge], not [Replace].In MO's left pane, double click "Fallout Character Overhaul" and select the "Optional ESPs" tab.Move the "FCO - Beyond Bolder Dome.esp", "FCO - SQP.esp", and "FCO - Willow (Cazy).esp" to the "Optional ESPs" box.Install the Assets for New Vegas Redesigned 3 and select [Rename], then name the new mod "Fallout Character Overhaul NVR3" and click [OK].Question about the above:Concerning the last part, part 3: Installing the Assets for NVR3, are these installed into the Fallout Character Overhaul 2.31 now listed in the left pane ( and then rename this? ), or are they installed normally and end up as a new mod falling right below the FO3 modthat is already listed in the left pane, and then rename that?From what I read, I see it as install into the existing FO3 2.31 and renamethat, but thought best to be sure.
Edited by Falion