Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Hey SRB,

One note on the guide and a couple of power armour suggestions.

In the section for merging the Advanced Recon stuff, it says: After FNVEdit loads, right click on kochandbohr.esp and select "Apply Script"

I'm assuming you're not meant to click kochandbohr.esp and instead click on Detect Traps - DLC.esp or one of the other detect traps esps?

Also, Courier 6 power armour is pretty cool for power armour and has patches for PN and Advanced Recon, as well as Liena's Squad Power Armour and Colossus T49XV. Really good quality textures on all 3 mods, and I think the Courier 6 armour fits really nicely into the game.

Good looking out, homie.

I don't know what mod this gun is from, but it will be mine. https://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/130/images/42756-1-1310286925.jpg

Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision and Stealth Gear and Riot Helmets are all going to get added in my next major update. I have updating a lot of my drives and wiping the old ones for a few days, so I want install everything from scratch with a bunch of new mods. I'm planning on adding gear and quests. I might also drop PN Rebalance and do IMCNNV with Ambient Temp. IDK yet, but I want to do a really hardcore needs with power armor playthrough.

There's a couple of gameplay mods I'd recommend trying out, I've been using them in my playthrough and they are pretty awesome. Manual reload is great fun. Nothing like shooting at a pack of raiders and then you go to pull the trigger and *click*. Really adds to the realism, but at the same time, doesn't detract from gameplay. Also keeps track of how many rounds you have loaded, so if you fire a couple of rounds of your revolver, then swap to shotgun, then back to the revolver, it only has 4 rounds in the cylinder still. Realistic Weapon Damages is also great, but DOES make the game a LOT more brutal and it works both ways. The great thing about this mod is that it doesn't actually change weapon damage (so doesn't need a ton of compatibility patches), but instead changes the way damage works. I also like what Alternative Repairing does to the repair system in game. Rather than using the same gun to repair another gun of the same kind, and same with armour, you can make patches and replacement parts to use for repairs. Also adds a lot of break down recipes for junk. The only thing I don't like about this mod is that you can't break down existing weapons for parts. That would be kinda cool.

I've got The Inheritance in my load order, and the quest has started (you get a notification at level 10) and so appears to be working fine. I haven't actually DONE the quest yet, as it says that it is recommended for approx level 20.

Edited by daemondai

As I'm reinstalling the guide from scratch I see that there are a number of mods that are a little bit out of order. I've correct most of them, WotNM is now before CaliberX so the CaliberX plugins can be cleaned without crashing FNVEdit or Lutana NVSE plguin is before CASM. The one problem I have now is that Weapon Animation Replacers is required for WotNM and not installed until the second to last section. I may need move the entire Animations section to after fixes. That might be the best place for it since it could be said it 'fixes' blood and gun animations. I may need to do a full reinstall every 3-4 months to find all the errors like this and make it as easy as possible for new users.

Now that's I'm merging mods too, it's time to start adding in more weapons and armor. I can just merge the Millenia's, MTindle, and Maibatsu additional weapons. 

I'd like some clarification as to what the grass section in INIs should be set too. I notice that at the end of F&L, my INI still has "iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=2" in fallout.ini and falloutprefs.ini. Surely this would limiting Vurt's Wasteland Flora Overhaul unless of course all of his grass edits are including in his esp which I doubt. So does anyone know of a recommended setting.

Finish my complete reinstall of everything. I changed a bunch of install instructions and added a couple merging instructions to mods that it is easy to do. Shouldn't be anything people should worry about it if they already have everything installed.

Hopefully, it makes things just that much simpler for the new users. I might move the animations section to right before armor and weapons because Weapons Animations Replacers is required by WotNM. technically the mod works without the animations, but it just looks weird.

Now that I have everything reinstalled, I can get back to testing the mods I was doing before I decided to upgrade all my computer's drives. I had Advanced REcon mods that aren't in the guide, New Steve Bison, some weapons, and a couple little mods here and there in testing. should be done with that pretty soon so I can move onto my power armor playthrough.

A while back someone had a bunch of problems in the DLC areas with cell transitions and some keys missing in Dead Money. I finished Dead Money (which is my least favorite DLC) and it had no issues so I'm not sure what the problem was for that user. Maybe someone else could try out DLC and see if there problems. I'm going to get myself to the Big Empty for some better fun than the Sierra Madre.

Is there anything stopping WotNM being merged with the individual weapons not included in the pack? I was hesitant to do it because it 'seems' that the mod does more than just add new weapons to the game (though I confess, I haven't looked that deeply at it). I've merged most of my extra armour mods, excluding Courier 6 Power Armour due to the requirement for PN and AdvRec TNV patches and that all seems to be fine as it just adds the armours to the game.

I'll check out Dead Money when I get a chance and post results here.

A while back someone had a bunch of problems in the DLC areas with cell transitions and some keys missing in Dead Money. I finished Dead Money (which is my least favorite DLC) and it had no issues so I'm not sure what the problem was for that user. Maybe someone else could try out DLC and see if there problems. I'm going to get myself to the Big Empty for some better fun than the Sierra Madre.

I just finished up Honest Hearts. I'll be moving into Dead Money pretty soon. 

Is there a fix for this wrist gap glitch? I've had it since I installed F&L.

Posted Image

Is there anything stopping WotNM being merged with the individual weapons not included in the pack? I was hesitant to do it because it 'seems' that the mod does more than just add new weapons to the game (though I confess, I haven't looked that deeply at it). I've merged most of my extra armour mods, excluding Courier 6 Power Armour due to the requirement for PN and AdvRec TNV patches and that all seems to be fine as it just adds the armours to the game.

I'll check out Dead Money when I get a chance and post results here.

I don't like merging ESPs into ESMs. ESPs sometimes need to load later. I would just merge all the extra Millenia weapons and really any single weapon mods into one plugin. Adding just one plugin is never a bad thing.

I just finished up Honest Hearts. I'll be moving into Dead Money pretty soon. 

Is there a fix for this wrist gap glitch? I've had it since I installed F&L.

Posted Image

What outfit is that so I can look at it? I haven't noticed anything like that with most stuff becasue I haven't worn any short sleeves in my current playthrough and I was doing a lady before this one. 

I don't like merging ESPs into ESMs. ESPs sometimes need to load later. I would just merge all the extra Millenia weapons and really any single weapon mods into one plugin. Adding just one plugin is never a bad thing.

I already did a merge of the additional Millenia weapons (IMI Desert Eagle, Steyr Scout, TOZ-66, M16A2 and Winchester M1897) without any noticeable issues, so that appears to be all fine. I also merged JaySuS Rogue Ranger Coats, Gopher's Armoured Dusters (normal and Dark Justice) and Colossus T49XV into one plugin which also appears to have gone without a hitch. But I see what you mean about merging the ESPs into the ESM. Different beast there. Better to wait on Millenia merging those into his own mod.

I have noticed something strange, and that is that when I kill one of the Freeside Thugs, they appear to have just about every basic melee weapon under the sun (I think I counted one having about 14 weapons on him... knives, tyre irons, sledgehammers et. al.) and some enemies have two or three firearms, others have excessive armours or clothing. Not quite sure what is causing that issue at this stage, but it doesn't really break things (except I get extra loot).

What outfit is that so I can look at it? I haven't noticed anything like that with most stuff becasue I haven't worn any short sleeves in my current playthrough and I was doing a lady before this one. 

It's Joshua Grahams armor. A light duster also has short sleeves if I recall correctly. I've read up a little bit about it, and people are claiming that it's something to do with type 3 bodies not matching up correctly with the hands.

I have noticed something strange, and that is that when I kill one of the Freeside Thugs, they appear to have just about every basic melee weapon under the sun (I think I counted one having about 14 weapons on him... knives, tyre irons, sledgehammers et. al.) and some enemies have two or three firearms, others have excessive armours or clothing. Not quite sure what is causing that issue at this stage, but it doesn't really break things (except I get extra loot).

Yeah I got that too, it's pretty funny.

Edited by Kman

I already did a merge of the additional Millenia weapons (IMI Desert Eagle, Steyr Scout, TOZ-66, M16A2 and Winchester M1897) without any noticeable issues, so that appears to be all fine. I also merged JaySuS Rogue Ranger Coats, Gopher's Armoured Dusters (normal and Dark Justice) and Colossus T49XV into one plugin which also appears to have gone without a hitch. But I see what you mean about merging the ESPs into the ESM. Different beast there. Better to wait on Millenia merging those into his own mod.I have noticed something strange, and that is that when I kill one of the Freeside Thugs, they appear to have just about every basic melee weapon under the sun (I think I counted one having about 14 weapons on him... knives, tyre irons, sledgehammers et. al.) and some enemies have two or three firearms, others have excessive armours or clothing. Not quite sure what is causing that issue at this stage, but it doesn't really break things (except I get extra loot).

Add Delev to the right to bear arms and regen bashed patch. I think that is how I fixed it. Also, move right to bear arms down below anything that would add to freesude thug inventory.

It's Joshua Grahams armor. A light duster also has short sleeves if I recall correctly. I've read up a little bit about it, and people are claiming that it's something to do with type 3 bodies not matching up correctly with the hands.Yeah I got that too, it's pretty funny.

I'll check it out tomorrow.

Update on the missing wrists. Turns out it only occurs when wearing gloves (Officer left hand/ right hand). Without gloves the wrists are visible.

Looks like it is the body mesh is not made for the gloves. This is a common problem for lots of body replacer mods. Every clothing item has to be converted, it's a big hassle but someone usually does it. There may some fix out there, but you need to dive way deep into the nexus files to find it.