Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Well, uHUD works by taking the text in one of the xml docs and combining them all into one. If any of those mods messes up the xml docs then you will get very frustrated trying to figure it all out. On my quest to figure it out I lost three mice, a xbox 360 contoller, two keyboards, a 21:9 2560x1080 monitor, a Toyota Camry, my dog, two girlfriends, and my only brother. You have been warned...

Basically, you have to make sure to hide the start_menu.xml and hud_main_menu.xml files for any mod installed before uHUD. I think that is what does it. But, don't do that for PN or PN - EO and DarnUI. I think that is formula, but it isn't fool proof.

For some reason, losing all that to modding, while it may seem excessive, is not surprising.

So far I have managed to get: DarnUI, PN, PN-EO, MCM, Adv Recon Trap Detection, Adv Recon Range Finder, Adv Recon Thermal Nightvision, JIP-RWO, JIP-SF, Stimpack Counter NV, oHUD, Flashlight all working with uHUD. I still want to try and get QuickTrade, Dynavision 3 and JIP-CCC all working as well.

In order to do so, I believe I must be standing on my head with my right foot on the mouse, left hand on the keyboard, left foot on the chair and right hand holding the desk, all while singing Jingle Jangle Jingle backwards and at reverse pitch and with my eyes crossed.

I could be mistaken...

Edited by daemondai

In fact I was mistaken. I also had to have a pencil inserted into my left nostril and a green ball point pen inserted (ink roller side out) in my right ear.

Silliness aside. I managed to get them all working (I think... at least the game started without a CTD and doesn't appear to be any issues with my HUD).

The list of UI mods as follows (by installation order): Darnified UI, Project Nevada, Project Nevada - Extra Options (via FOMM-Fork), The Mod Configuration Menu, Advanced Recon Trap Detection, Advanced Recon Range Finder, Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision (via FOMM-Fork - not sure if needed, tried it anyway), JIP Realistic Weapon Overheating, JIP Selective Fire, JIP Companions Command and Control, Stimpack Counter (Manual - strangely packaged), QuickTrade, Dynavision 3 (via FOMM-Fork - not sure if needed), OneHUD (via FOMM-Fork), Flashlight NVSE (via FOMM-Fork) and The Unified HUD Project (via FOMM-Fork).

Excuse me while I go and retrieve my lost girlfriend. Or at least try. I'm sure she's somewhere around.

I have a new gf, that's easy. I want my dog back, they're irreplaceable. ::P:

Once you kinda know the rules about using FOMM and uHUD it is easy enough to add mods. I'd also suggest any extra mods you add to F&LNV with BSAs should be extracted. There is a hard cap on plugin loaded BSAs that will cause dinosaur ghosts to haunt your family for five generations of you forget about that.

Ugh... I'll have to add that to the list of ghosts that are gonna end up haunting me and my descendants.

Following the logic of FnLNV, I'm guessing mods like AWOP (which I've decided I'm not using this playthrough) would be installed in the section with the other quest mods (like NVB and such), but what about ones that add or change worldspaces? Would you install them at the same time as quest mods, or later in the installation? I'm particularly thinking of Lucky 38 Suite Reloaded and Mobile Truck Base. Or would it really matter that much?

(Obviously using the Lucky 38 Suite Reloaded means I don't use the ILO Suite 38 option)

Edited by daemondai

Funnily enough, after I posted, I reopened MO and saw that, I was wondering if that would solve my problem... which of course was after I made my own package. And now has me wondering if I've created other issues that I haven't noticed because of that MO issue. Excuse me while I beat my head against my desk for a while.

Possibly an odd question, but couldn't seem to find the answer anywhere else... If using CaliberX, does it make the mod Missing Ammo Recipes redundant? Can't seem to find a list of craftable ammo on CalX page.

Many missing ammo recipes are included. However, some are not but i don't think you're gonna need them. I took a quick look at my reloading bench and creation recipes that appear to be missing from Caliber X, but included in Missing Ammo are .22LR, .223 (for 5.56mm), grenades (25/40 mm), surplus ammo, 12 Ga. Dragon's Breath, flechettes (12/20 Ga.), pulse slugs (12/20 Ga.), 12.7 JHP, .45 JPH, .50 Explosive.

There's probably a few more but i don't think you will miss them (except maybe .22LR)

Edited by Blackice

Also, Better Metal Impact appears to be gone. Not hidden, but gone. :(

Better Metal Impact was only a temporary mod until EVE was updated with the same (and perhaps better) feature. You don't need Better Metal Impact if you use the latest version of EVE.