Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

No idea about that sorry. I stick to the keyboard numbers myself.

An update on the hand issue. Turns out that Roberts uses the same texture for the body as the hands, which happens to mean it's about 256 pixels for each. Hiding the lefthand.nif and righthand.nif files in MO forced the game to use FCO's textures which have much, much higher resolution. The drawback is that the edge between the hand-mesh and the body mesh become rather apparent, but due to the downright awful seam between heads and bodies, I'm unlikely to run around naked in any case.

No idea about that sorry. I stick to the keyboard numbers myself.

An update on the hand issue. Turns out that Roberts uses the same texture for the body as the hands, which happens to mean it's about 256 pixels for each. Hiding the lefthand.nif and righthand.nif files in MO forced the game to use FCO's textures which have much, much higher resolution. The drawback is that the edge between the hand-mesh and the body mesh become rather apparent, but due to the downright awful seam between heads and bodies, I'm unlikely to run around naked in any case.

Will need to check this out as well. I haven't looked at my character's hands so much. Really enjoy the game! I just got a combat rifle from your Lore Friendly Equipment Pack. It looks awesome.

Awesome! That would be the M16A2. Went for the name because the Service Rifle already in the game looks like a wooden version of the M16. I've just started a new character myself, who goes by the name of George Byron. So named in honor of the great poet who lost his life in the Greek War of Independence, though from disease, not combat. Something I considered fitting as I was going for a Mr. House (independence) playthrough. 

Here he is posing with his gunslinger mustache in Goodsprings:

DtKx3Vw.jpg

What better choice than the Classic Pack for someone named after a classic poet?

Edited by MonoAccipiter
  • +1 1

My character's name is "Dark". I always use this name in RPG game. He is new to the Wasteland and trying not to get killed LOL.

What is your recommended difficulty level? I am playing normal now. I setup everything per EssArrBee's recommendation.

I play on the hardest difficulty, but really, just play at whatever seems to suit the pace you want to progress at. The wonder of good game design is that the progression of difficulty is linear, hence you have pretty much the same experience as long as you play close to whatever your skill level is. The DT system doesn't change for example (you'll still need high caliber weaponry to take on Deathclaws for example) and a lot of the game experience honestly doesn't rely that much on the difficulty multiplier. 

Keep in mind that the DLCs are bound to be slightly harder in either case. I recommend playing them in the order HH OWB DM LS, but you can swap Dead Money and Old World Blues if that's your preference. DM is recommended for level 20+ characters and OWB for 15+ though, which is something to consider. I also enjoy doing them in the order I suggested because it's more enjoyable for me to get some backstory on the characters you meet in DM (which you get while playing through OWB). It's also nice to have some motivation to return to the Big Empty (OWB's area) at a later point because there's a really difficult enemy there you'll probably have troubles with until you're really high level.

• +1 1

Go into Ragdolls MCM menu and tick the scanner option.  :;):

I already have HAVOC ticked. This doesn't happen all the time. It just a bit annoying. :D 

Do we need to tweak the scanner value?

Edited by darkside

It should scan for bodies and make them flop so they don't go all disformed (all dead Brahmins I encountered before using it looked like they had imploded). You could try tweaking the scanner value, but I'm guessing this mostly happens in interiors? The Nightkin are notoriously overexposed to that bug.  :O_o: