Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I am having trouble understanding the install instructions for "RWLE - Someguy's Mods Patch Collection" within “Realistic Wasteland Lighting - Enhancementâ€. When I follow the instructions I install nothing.

Should the instructions not be :

• Now for the optional file, select [Manual] at the installation popup.
  • Right click on “RWLE - Someguy's Mods Patch Collectionâ€.
  • Select "Select data directory".
  • Deselect the “FNV†& “TTW†folders.
  • Click [OK].

No, that's why you're not installing anything. This mod package contains files for Fallout New Vegas (FNVand for Tales of Two Wastelands (TTW). The latter is a set of plugins for the combined Fallout 3 & New Vegas game.

The files you need are those in the FNV folder, which needs to set as 'Data', not the folder above it: RWLE - Someguy's Mods Patch Collection.

No, that's why you're not installing anything. This mod package contains files for Fallout New Vegas (FNVand for Tales of Two Wastelands (TTW). The latter is a set of plugins for the combined Fallout 3 & New Vegas game.

The files you need are those in the FNV folder, which needs to set as 'Data', not the folder above it: RWLE - Someguy's Mods Patch Collection.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I am afraid I am still confused.

The FNV sub-directory of RWLE - Someguy’s Mods Patch Collection contains two ESPs :

• FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp
  • FNV RWLE - Russell Patch.esp

The instructions go on to say :

Move "FNV RWLE - Russell Patch.esp" and "NewVegasBountiesIII.esp" to Optional ESPs.

Since "NewVegasBountiesIII.esp" doesn’t exist anywhere in the patch I conclude that it is meant to be FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp. If I move both FNV RWLE - Russell Patch.esp and FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp to the Optional ESPs, I end up with no ESPs installed.

I would have thought that the end game for this install would be to install “FNV RWLE - NVBII Patch.espâ€.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I am afraid I am still confused.

The FNV sub-directory of RWLE - Someguy’s Mods Patch Collection contains two ESPs :

Move "FNV RWLE - Russell Patch.esp" and "NewVegasBountiesIII.esp" to Optional ESPs.

Since "NewVegasBountiesIII.esp" doesn’t exist anywhere in the patch I conclude that it is meant to be FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp. If I move both FNV RWLE - Russell Patch.esp and FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp to the Optional ESPs, I end up with no ESPs installed.

I would have thought that the end game for this install would be to install “FNV RWLE - NVBII Patch.espâ€.

Hmm... seems there was an edit to the page a little over a week ago. Not sure why that edit was made. I concur with your observations, it does appear following those instructions leaves nothing to install. I'll ask and see why it was changed.

I would have thought that the end game for this install would be to install “FNV RWLE - NVBII Patch.esp”.

This is my understanding. You need to hide both files for early game. FNV RWLE - NVBIII Patch.esp can be un-hided when you install New Vegas Bounties III later in the game. Guide need to be fixed.

I have been playing for 7-8 hrs now. Not a single crash! I really like dialog in this game. 

Edited by darkside

Hmm... seems there was an edit to the page a little over a week ago. Not sure why that edit was made. I concur with your observations, it does appear following those instructions leaves nothing to install. I'll ask and see why it was changed.

The edit wasn't incorrect, but it didn't really fix anything either, as we went from installing two incorrect patches, to installing nothing at all (as monk56 correctly observed). At least with my edit you could launch the game. :innocent:  Now I'm not 100% sure if the patch that's in neither of the folders is compatible with both the vanilla game and TTW, or just TTW, as I don't use RWLE myself, but I'd think that would be the patch we are looking for.

EDIT: I've changed the guide to include the NVBII patch, as I looked it over in FNVEdit and it only touched the new worldspace, as I thought.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

Ok, Thank you! Really enjoying this guide btw! It's amazing how many people have contributed to create something truly unique! I'm liking the Fear and Loathing theme too..would be great to have a Big Lebowski theme for another guide someday.

The edit wasn't incorrect, but it didn't really fix anything either, as we went from installing two incorrect patches, to installing nothing at all (as monk56 correctly observed). At least with my edit you could launch the game. :innocent:  Now I'm not 100% sure if the patch that's in neither of the folders is compatible with both the vanilla game and TTW, or just TTW, as I don't use RWLE myself, but I'd think that would be the patch we are looking for.

EDIT: I've changed the guide to include the NVBII patch, as I looked it over in FNVEdit and it only touched the new worldspace, as I thought.

I missed that NVBII patch! Will add it to my load order.

NOTE - I am now traveling to Novac. Landscape is beautiful. I wish we have Tree LOD / billboards for Wasteland Flora Overhaul.

Edited by darkside