Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I fixed Nuka Cola vending machine performance problem. I can keep the vending machine in Goodsprings now.

The culprit is NukaVendGlow record (01000ADE) in Worldspace. I removed this record using FNVEdit.

I think the author wanted to add extra glow to this particular machine/area in Goodsprings by adding NukaVendGlow record twice. 

I removed the extra NukaVendGlow record (01000ADE) and cannot see significant visual difference in-game.  

Only difference, I gained almost 10 FPS 

The machine remains fully functional. You can blow them up and loot them.

I suspect the extra glow record added extra (out of proportion) ENB/lighting calculations for some reason. 

This edit should not effect any other machines in the game. Other Vanilla (no pun intended) Nuka Cola machines don't have this extra record. I looked at several other vanilla locations, and didn't notice FPS drop before or after the edit. 

See screenshots

Original - 50-52 FPS T-T

https://postimg.org/image/6nx557m2d/

After extra NukaVendGlow record removal - Solid 60 FPS :)

ttp://postimg.org/image/nwhesgc3b/

Edited by darkside

That's just a light. All lights FNV (or other Bethesda games) are just a glow effect emitted from a certain point. My guess, without looking at it, is that they were flickering lights (most of the vending machine lights in the game are) and perhaps that they had shadows, which means you're probably right about the added toll on your GPU. Glad you worked it out anyhow.

Dear DarkSide. Could you post a link to what ENB-manager you are using?

I want to check it out and try to find a ENB preset which doesntt ruin my performance.

Anyone: Is there a good ENB tweak guide you can recommend.

I'm first and foremost looking for tweaks which makes performance much better, with only marginally worse visual quality. 

I tried Rudy ENB, but i lost 15-20 FPS's down to 40 and less - and that was noticable.

Right now i only use ENB boost as the guide has instructed me to (and i obey) 

Funny thing yesterday, the shadows was more red/orange than grey, and they all seem so "weak".

What else is there to say or ask..yes so after following the F&L-guide, i have on top (or in the end) installed A World Of Pain v5.4 + AWOP Compatibility Patches + AWOP Weapon Mod Patches, and the game at least boots up, and i havent seen any major bugs so far. I'm down in Primm and have been clearing out the New Bison hotel.

When i was at the NCR camp outside Primm there was a character besides the officer which had NO Hands, so i was wondering about that. But hey, people get injured and amputees actually makes the game even morte immersive so i figured it was ok in a strange and cooky way.

More so about the AWOP-fiddling: In LOOT it's says that some plugin wich the Bashed Patch has unticked, is not active (or something like that)  and the game will crash, but the game hasn't crashed one single time so far.  :cool:

Thats what i like the most with the F&L-guide. The game seems STABLE as a tripodded prostitute strung up on a fistfull of Med-X'es washed down with Cuba Libre (Rum and Nuka Cola), slouching over the banister in the Atomic Wrangler.

Edited by nexuspolaris

When using the script “Generate Bash Tags†I get an err because it cannot fine “mteFunctions.pasâ€. This problem was also mentioned by dark side on on Feb 19th. I am unable to find the file searching the web. Can someone post a link please?

Time to finish last few quests of Witcher 3 and XCOM 2. I plan to start my first adventure into Wasteland soon. Hopefully, PN patch is fixed by then. Thanks again for this guide.

To be fair the old patch still works so that's what I'm switching back to for the time being.

What do you mean by using old patch? My understanding is

- Untick "Spice of Life PN Backpacks Compatibility" from MO left pane. (Not using replacement 1nivVSLArmors.esp from this mod)

- 1nivVSLArmors.esp from original "Spice of Life - Variety Armor and Clothing" will be active. 

- 1nivPNSLPatch.esp will have no error.

Edited by darkside

What do you mean by using old patch? My understanding is

- Untick "Spice of Life PN Backpacks Compatibility" from MO left pane. (Not using replacement 1nivVSLArmors.esp from this mod)

- 1nivVSLArmors.esp from original "Spice of Life - Variety Armor and Clothing" will be active.

- 1nivPNSLPatch.esp will have no error.

I meant that my bad