Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

That Nuka-Cola machine looks awesome, but my FPS in Goodsprings dropped from solid 60 to 45 whenever I looked that way. LOL. I am running Viradia ENB. It must be the mesh that causing FPS drop, especially with ENB. 

I want to keep it. Will we find the machine at other performance heavy locations?

Edited by darkside

Are using the lowest resolution textures for that mod? Tapioks' stuff is quality over quantity. His Enhanced Shaders ENB is one of my favorites. Also, his NLA Enhanced Shaders ENB for Skyrim is gorgeous.

Yes. 2K Lite. It has to be from high-poly mesh. I wish we have only texture replacement option. Will try out Enhanced Shaders ENB. I am using ENB manager for Skyrim which works perfectly with FNV. Switching between ENB is a breeze.

Edited by darkside

I found another thing. 

In sub guide Yukichigai Gameplay Tweaks 

You didn't instruct user to install only "YUP-Pickable Cave Fungus with OWB Patch.esp" from your Mojave Patch Outpost. User will have 4 esps in the mod folder. Hiding optional esp after installation is the option as well.

- Do you plan to have any major update soon? I am planning to start my first ever FNV play through as soon as I can.

Yukichigai Gameplay Tweaks 

- Actors.AIPackages was not added by the tagging script.

- Machienzo Merged Mods

- These are tags that were added by tagging script - Actors.Stats,Invent,NpcFaces,Scripts (They are not the same as you listed)

Edited by darkside

I noticed that when installing the Animated Sweat Effect in FCO, the file shows up as "FCO - Sweat" instead of "FCO - Sweat.esp", and thus it doesn't get loaded. Simply renaming the file to "FCO - Sweat.esp" seems to fix it. Is anyone else getting this issue? I assume it's an error in the FOMOD script but I could be wrong.

Ok minor thing but Trudy's radio is working before I even get the chance to fix it. It really bugs the perfectionist in me because I've had this happen before and it means I can't do that unmarked quest. Urrgh the little things.

Ok I think I figured out the quest id 00104C66

Alright we're starting to problem solve.

Edited by Van555

- Do you plan to have any major update soon? I am planning to start my first ever FNV play through as soon as I can.

Yukichigai Gameplay Tweaks 

- Actors.AIPackages was not added by the tagging script.

- Machienzo Merged Mods

- These are tags that were added by tagging script - Actors.Stats,Invent,NpcFaces,Scripts (They are not the same as you listed)

I'm currently testing mods. I'll be adding new ones, but the major mods with a while away. Most stuff coming in the short term is small texture replacers that can be added at any time. 

I may just remove the tags, the script is really inconsistent.

I noticed that when installing the Animated Sweat Effect in FCO, the file shows up as "FCO - Sweat" instead of "FCO - Sweat.esp", and thus it doesn't get loaded. Simply renaming the file to "FCO - Sweat.esp" seems to fix it. Is anyone else getting this issue? I assume it's an error in the FOMOD script but I could be wrong.

That's interesting. I'll look into this.

Oh **** I never got FCO sweat!

Yes. 2K Lite. It has to be from high-poly mesh. I wish we have only texture replacement option. Will try out Enhanced Shaders ENB. I am using ENB manager for Skyrim which works perfectly with FNV. Switching between ENB is a breeze.

What are your computer specs? There is definitely a mesh issue going on here; could be something with the animations. However, I wouldn't say that the mesh is "high-poly" as it's really not. The mesh is an altered version of the original with added special effects but it wasn't changed much other than that. Tapioks Enhanced Shaders is a great ENB but sadly it's not compatible with Night Vision completely. 

What are your computer specs? There is definitely a mesh issue going on here; could be something with the animations. However, I wouldn't say that the mesh is "high-poly" as it's really not. The mesh is an altered version of the original with added special effects but it wasn't changed much other than that. Tapioks Enhanced Shaders is a great ENB but sadly it's not compatible with Night Vision completely. 

My setup is I7-4790k, and 980Ti. I am playing at 2560x1080. FPS is max 60 everywhere, except when looking at the Nuka-Cola machine (drop to 40-45) in Goodsprings. I am fine with 40-45 FPS, but worry about heavier area if Nuka-Cola machine present.  I tried a couple ENBs with the same result.   

I can confirm this a s well.

---------------

I have a few questions.

1)

LOD additions and improvements

• Author: tomzik

Should it be last mod in MO left pane?

2) - After finish running FNVLODGen script, should we keep FNVLODGen and LOD additions and improvements mods active in both MO left pane & right pane (FNVLODGen.esp, tmzLODadditions.esp, tmzLODadditions-NVInterriors)?

Edited by darkside

If it wasn't for beer this guide wouldn't even exist. Drunk modding is love, drunk modding is life.

The best combination after drunk modding is playing the mods with hangover!

And because is missing some alcoholic textures in your guide: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/626/?

What about BSA extraction? According to Gopher's videos only willow, spice of life, jip companions control, caliberX if i'm not mistaken can give some problems. Is this still true? How dangerous it is? Are this real? What's the meaning of life?

Edited by Mortercotic