Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I'm done doing all the steps in the guide. Jej.  And even added a few of mods of my own selection. The initial testing in Goodsrpings seems fine.  If i only can decide now what haircolour and hairdoo my character is going to have now, i can start gaming for real :P 

Thanks for all the help so far to every single one of you out there. My oh my what a wonderful day. 

Edited by nexuspolaris

Thank you very much for a guide. I am new to modding Fallout, but have been modding Skyrim for ages. I have a few questions.

- Do you guys have any screenshots of the complete install?

- Does it look much better than vanilla? Does it look as good as modded Skyrim?

- Any ENB recommendation on ENB? I saw a few popular choices - Rudy ENB and Viradia ENB.

Edited by darkside

Here's a picture I took when playing through Lonesome Road a few weeks back. I use Old World ENB, it's fairly performance friendly and goes well along with the original color schemes. Unless you have a very specific taste, I'd recommend it wholeheartedly.

q0L9dyy.jpg?1

Needless to say it looks a lot better than vanillla, but it won't look as good as modded Skyrim, since it's basically using a older version of the engine. It looks more than good enough to be beautiful in its own quirky way, while not taking the attention away from the game's strongest points - namely the writing, characters and believable world, yet whacko world.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

Here's a picture I took when playing through Lonesome Road a few weeks back. I use Old World ENB, it's fairly performance friendly and goes well along with the original color schemes. Unless you have a very specific taste, I'd recommend it wholeheartedly.

q0L9dyy.jpg?1

Needless to say it looks a lot better than vanillla, but it won't look as good as modded Skyrim, since it's basically using a older version of the engine. It looks more than good enough to be beautiful in its own quirky way, while not taking the attention away from the game's strongest points - namely the writing, characters and believable world, yet whacko world.

Thank you very much. I really like the dialog even early in-game when you meet Doc Mitchell for the first time.

I moved the Additional Gameplay section around a bit to add in a merge of the smaller gameplay mods. That let me add a couple mods back in since there are now plugin slots for them. I should have some extra space for new mods with that.

If you already have a game going do not do the new merge. Leave it until you start a new game.

I'll be shifting over from Skyrim to FNV in a couple of weeks, which I must say I am quite excited about. The last time I played FNV was on the PS3 about 3 years ago. Are you planning any major updates to F&L or am I pretty much good to go? Cheers

p.s. Grant if you want to fly up to Sydney and do an install for me. I'll buy you as much beer as you can drink during the process :)

I am pretty sure it's from "Gun Runners Actually Run Guns".

Nope! That only has an ESM.

Nb. I think I've just found something useful due to my skipping steps. I could be wrong but it looks like MergePlugins might actually be cleaning the plugins when you run them through the check phase of the merge.

All the smaller plugins that I merged, I did just to test out the tool and now I've decided to go back do it for real and when I re-activate the providing mods again the plugin is clean although I never touched it beforehand.

GRARG.esp is definitely from Gun Runners Actually Run Guns. First letter of the words in the mod's title is GRARG.

I found it insanely hard to follow all the steps when I went through the guide. I just felt like that stuff came out of brain so I shouldn't have to go over it again.