Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

OK - yep, FNVEdit did find all of the ones you pointed out.

EDIT: BTW, Tactical Flamer Revamp added another BSA - I'm guessing this one is also safe to extract?

Dammit  :wallbash:  :facepalm:  :pinch:

I need to really write this stuff down somewhere because I'm just messing up all kinds of stuff. See what happens when I take two months off and go right back into testing. My mod-fu is not sharp. Oh, and yes it is safe to extract all BSAs that I know of except for vanilla, Willow, and Spice of Life.

I'll be leaving the M24A1 where it is, so please don't make that a must do, thanks. 

I won't. :thumbsup:  I made two sets of merging instructions for people that like the cheat weapons or not. You could also follow the instructions above up until the part I disable the zM24E1box, so you have one on the dead ranger and in Goodsprings. Best of both worlds.

I think this part of the FNVEdit instructions for SRB Additional Weapons No Cheat option is incorrect:

1. Expand Worldspace->Block -1, 0
  2. Right click on Sub-Block 2, 0 and select "Remove"

I think it should be something like "Expand Worldspace->000DA726->Block 0,-1" and then "Right click on Sub-Block 0,-2 and select remove".  I think this has to do with the Tesla Rifle because later on I can't find the error lines in TeslaRifleForms.  But... I can find similar lines to what's in that particular sub-block.

EDIT: Of course, I didn't install the crossbow mods, so maybe that part wasn't incorrect - if it had to do with those mods.  But even if that's not incorrect, I think you are missing the instructions above, because I could not find error lines in TelsaRifleForms by following your instructions.

EDIT 2: Apparently, if you follow my instructions above ("Expand Worldspace->000DA726->Block 0,-1" and then "Right click on Sub-Block 0,-2 and select remove"), you will remove the Tesla Rifle from Novac, which, according to the mod's Nexus page is a cheat spot... while still keeping 2 of them at Helios One.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

About the instructions for the M24E1, which I am trying to do right now:

9. Now go to the SRB's Weapons plugin and expand Worldspace->000DA726->Block -1,0 all the way down. There should be five records under Temporary.

10. Find zM24E1box and go to the Record Header at the top, right click that and select Edit. Tick Initially Disabled then go down to DATA - Postiion/Rotation and change 'Z' to -30000.

11. Repeat the last step for the Mentats and Locksmith's Reader.

12. Close and save both plugins.

For #9 I could only find 4 records under Temporary, not 5 (and one of them was pretty much empty and Record Flag said "Deleted").

For #10 When I went to the Record Header - I am guessing you mean the "Record Flags" sub-part of that?  And am I to edit 'Z' to -30000 in both the Position and the Rotation subsections, or just one of them?

Edited by oqhansoloqo

About the instructions for the M24E1, which I am trying to do right now:

9. Now go to the SRB's Weapons plugin and expand Worldspace->000DA726->Block -1,0 all the way down. There should be five records under Temporary.

10. Find zM24E1box and go to the Record Header at the top, right click that and select Edit. Tick Initially Disabled then go down to DATA - Postiion/Rotation and change 'Z' to -30000.

11. Repeat the last step for the Mentats and Locksmith's Reader.

12. Close and save both plugins.

For #9 I could only find 4 records under Temporary, not 5 (and one of them was pretty much empty and Record Flag said "Deleted").

For #10 When I went to the Record Header - I am guessing you mean the "Record Flags" sub-part of that?  And am I to edit 'Z' to -30000 in both the Position and the Rotation subsections, or just one of them?

The fifth should have been the reference container that Crossbow's used. Yeah Position only. Rotation doesn't matter anyways.

So I did some console commands to go to the dead outcast ranger and all was well - the instructions you gave (with the clarification) worked perfectly, I think.  Perfect selection of a place for that sniper rifle too.

I'm still not 100% certain though that I followed your directions properly for editing the TeslaRifleForms entries though - did you miss my previous post about that?

So I did some console commands to go to the dead outcast ranger and all was well - the instructions you gave (with the clarification) worked perfectly, I think.  Perfect selection of a place for that sniper rifle too.

I'm still not 100% certain though that I followed your directions properly for editing the TeslaRifleForms entries though - did you miss my previous post about that?

There might not have been any errors since the gun is also placed in HeliosONE. Seriously, need a HeliosONE overhaul, that place is freaking stacked with goodies. Take the Mechanic history from Alternative Start and you don't even have to fight any robots to get to the tower. I might make that door to the workshop locked with Average or Hard skill check.

This is really weird - certain female characters have body textures that's completely pink, and some (all?) male characters have this odd graphical glitch on their chests. Oh, and they have nipples on their legs.

E: The texture error seems to affect all male NPCs, regardless of affiliation. Meanwhile, all Raider/gang-member female NPC have the pink skin but no other female NPCs that I could find have this pink body textures. Additionally, some male mercenaries have no clothing equipped for some reason.

Edited by dragonshardz

By chance have you just not gotten around to Alternative Repairing, or is it indeed broken in some fashion? Rebuilding an FNV install, and I notice its still not in the guide, and you haven't made any comments on it and I find it perplexing. Since its pretty much the best thing ever. <>

By chance have you just not gotten around to Alternative Repairing, or is it indeed broken in some fashion? Rebuilding an FNV install, and I notice its still not in the guide, and you haven't made any comments on it and I find it perplexing. Since its pretty much the best thing ever.

There's to many mods!!!!

I just forget about stuff sometimes. Right now I'm lining up candidates for removal to get some plugin slots so I'll consider it later.

Edit: damn autocorrect, mods is note supposed to be more.

Dragonshardz - I dunno... Try disabling your "body" mods and see if the problem fixes itself, if not, try some of the "clothing" mods maybe?  If the issue does fix with that, then slowly add them back until it breaks again.  Then you'll know what you have to look into possibly re-installing.  And keep in mind that certain mods have patches to other mods too (either manually installed or automatically with an installer), so it could be a forgotten patch or a patch you shouldn't have installed that could be a culprit too.  Fortunately, Mod Organizer makes troubling shooting and mod management easier than the alternatives.

EDIT: SRB, a while back I thought you said that someone was working on creating some kind of mod or tool that expanded the number of plugins that FNV would be able to load, so that we wouldn't have to worry about running over the limit soon (said a while ago).  What ever happened with that effort by whoever was working on it?

Edited by oqhansoloqo

It's checked and still having the same issue.

Do you happen to have your BSAs ticked in the right pane under the archives tab?

I got a question about "ILO - Merged Patches". Do I Have to check Renumber FormIDs or not? You didn't mentioned it in your guide.

I don't think so, but it is usually a good idea to do so. I didn't add it to that merge because the patches usually cover references that already exist in other plugins, so the merge script will skip renumbering them.