Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Sweet - I saw a bunch of those energy weapons mods (the ones that you listed) on the Nexus before.  I wasn't sure which ones were good quality or bad or which ones weren't balanced properly for the game or distributed properly around the wasteland or whatever.  I trust your good judgment in that, which is why I wait for such things to be published in your guide. :)

One thing about all the weapons though... OK, I understand the weapons in "Gun Runners Arsenal" are spread around the wasteland to various enemies and containers/locations through "GRA - Right to Bear Arms".  And then "Couriers Stash Integration" does this for the DLC weapons instead of giving them all to you at the beginning of the game.  Weapons of the New Millenia adds a bunch of weapons and distributes them around the wasteland too.

I just realized that the other Millenia weapons (not the retextures, but the completely new weapons) that are not in the WNM pack, but as separate mods all say that they are in various places in Doc Mitchell's house, but they say nothing about finding them in other places around the wasteland or on enemies.  I don't like the idea of Doc Mitchell having a gigantic arsenal of one-of-a-kind weapons that are found no where else.  Maybe I'm wrong though - maybe they are also distributed around the wasteland along with the other WNM weapons.  Are they?  If not, I think I'm going to leave those ones out of my game installation.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

One thing about all the weapons though... OK, I understand the weapons in "Gun Runners Arsenal" are spread around the wasteland to various enemies and containers/locations through "GRA - Right to Bear Arms". And then "Couriers Stash Integration" does this for the DLC weapons instead of giving them all to you at the beginning of the game. Weapons of the New Millenia adds a bunch of weapons and distributes them around the wasteland too.

I just realized that the other Millenia weapons (not the retextures, but the completely new weapons) that are not in the WNM pack, but as separate mods all say that they are in various places in Doc Mitchell's house, but they say nothing about finding them in other places around the wasteland or on enemies. I don't like the idea of Doc Mitchell having a gigantic arsenal of one-of-a-kind weapons that are found no where else. Maybe I'm wrong though - maybe they are also distributed around the wasteland along with the other WNM weapons. Are they? If not, I think I'm going to leave those ones out of my game installation.

They are in leveled lists as well, but you have rerun your bashed patch anytime you add mods that affect leveled lists. Also run loot again before running wrye.

OK good!  That's reassuring to know.  :)  I don't like to "borrow" any of Doc Mitchell's stuff - makes me feel like an ungrateful *****.  lol

Also, I noticed something in the comments on the "Crossbow for the Wasteland" mod.  A bunch of people were mentioning how using that mod brings their FPS down a lot in certain areas on the game.  Have you noticed that yourself to be an issue?

OK good!  That's reassuring to know.  :)  I don't like to "borrow" any of Doc Mitchell's stuff - makes me feel like an ungrateful *****.  lol

Also, I noticed something in the comments on the "Crossbow for the Wasteland" mod.  A bunch of people were mentioning how using that mod brings their FPS down a lot in certain areas on the game.  Have you noticed that yourself to be an issue?

Nope. Not sure why a Crossbow would do that, but I'm using the one from the second mod in my current playthrough. Maybe the animation from the weapon? I doubt it though.

EssArrBee, for the additional weapons, maybe you should renumber FormIDs to a certain range so that the weapons stay in the inventory.

I haven't tried it but maybe it'll work.

You can't change a hex number at all and keep them in your inventory. Every formID is a 32-bit reference to something is memory, so you can't mess with it. Think of changing the number on a parking stub at the airport and expecting your car to be in the same spot. You might end up on a different level by changing even one number.

If you untick that renumber formIDs in the merge script then stuff seems to go completely bonkers for some reason. Leveled lists and placed objects don't act right.

I don't know if you checked the forum for the Crossbow mod, but a bunch of people in that forum are mentioning something about "deleting the worldpspace entry" using FNVEdit in order to correct the FPS drop issue.  Many people have mentioned Goodsprings as an area where FPS is an issue (amongst some other areas) - that's good because it should be easy to check being that it's at the beginning of the game.

I have a simple question, do I have to make the optional esp's folders mentioned in the guide or can I safely chose not to install any of the esp's that goes into the optional folders(as I did)?

Up until the mod Improved Sound FX v0821 I just thought they where a backup if we wanted to change anything later on, but since the guide mentions the optional PN esp file should go straight to the optional esp folder I got a little nervous.

I have a simple question, do I have to make the optional esp's folders mentioned in the guide or can I safely chose not to install any of the esp's that goes into the optional folders(as I did)?

Up until the mod Improved Sound FX v0821 I just thought they where a backup if we wanted to change anything later on, but since the guide mentions the optional PN esp file should go straight to the optional esp folder I got a little nervous.

Double click any mod in the left pane and there is an Optional ESPs tab. If you move any plugins to the optional box then the folder will be created automatically by MO. Those plugins are always backups, they are sometimes plugins to mods compatible with mods that aren't in the guide and aren't needed. For example, Fallout Character Overhaul installs two Willow plugins, but both can't be used at the same time. One is FCO-Willow.esp and the other is FCO-Willow(Cazy).esp. Since the Cazy hair mod isn't in the guide I have to move the FCO-Willow(Cazy).esp to the optional folder.

So, in other words, you can delete them if you like because they aren't used.  But, like EssArrBee stated, they are backups.  If I were you I would keep them in the Optionals folder that MO creates for them instead of deleting them.  Here's why: the guide changes.  New mods get added sometimes and sometimes mods are removed from the guide.  When this happens, sometimes you have to go into other mods that are already installed and move previously optional .ESPs back out so that they are used due to the changes.  Also, anytime you have to update a merged patch you need to have the ESPs in the all the mods that are part of that patch that get merged in the normal place.  Otherwise, you're going to have to re-install the mods (if you no longer have those ESPs because you deleted them).

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Will Impact be added to the guide at some point, or are you still waiting on compatibility patches? Would've also suggested Destruction Overhaul Reloaded, but it looks like the mod author's given up on updating it. Shame.

Also, is it worth moving over from Unified HUD to UIO during my current playthrough, or should I wait until the next one to avoid any potential issues?