Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

First off, thanks for making the guide for Fallout New Vegas. I am really loving what S.T.E.P. is doing for modding games!

I am kind of new to using Mod Organizer and wyrebash although not so much to modding. I am definitely new to merging mods. I have been attempting your guide on Fear and Loathing and I want to try and get it exactly as you have it written.

I am having trouble, however trying to get "New Vegas Uncut Series Merged" to work. When I try to rename awilderwasteland.esp to NewVegasUncutSeries.esp I can't, because I already renamed rotfacetoriches.esp to that.

The instructions tell me to rename both of those files into the same name and in the voice folder the 2nd time aroundm the first one is already there. See this picture https://webhome.idirect.com/~cujopher/rename_what_how.jpg. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it okay to rename it something else? Thanks a lot for the time and effort you have put into this guide, and any help you can give.

Edited by SimbaTao

the pink texture issue i've been having seem to be a conflict between New vegas redesgined 3 and Type3 Body and Armor replacer I have removed Type3 Body and Armor replacer for now and no more pink female bodies

Not sure that should be happening either. I'll look into why that is happening.

First off, thanks for making the guide for Fallout New Vegas. I am really loving what S.T.E.P. is doing for modding games!

I am kind of new to using Mod Organizer and wyrebash although not so much to modding. I am definitely new to merging mods. I have been attempting your guide on Fear and Loathing and I want to try and get it exactly as you have it written.

I am having trouble, however trying to get "New Vegas Uncut Series Merged" to work. When I try to rename awilderwasteland.esp to NewVegasUncutSeries.esp I can't, because I already renamed rotfacetoriches.esp to that.

The instructions tell me to rename both of those files into the same name and in the voice folder the 2nd time aroundm the first one is already there. See this picture https://webhome.idirect.com/~cujopher/rename_what_how.jpg. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it okay to rename it something else? Thanks a lot for the time and effort you have put into this guide, and any help you can give.

I'm not sure why that folder already exists in you mod folder. You can expand awilderwasteland.esp folder once and just move the next folder, MaleUniqueBenny I believe, to the NewVegasUncutSeires.esp folder.

Thanks for the quick reply EssArrBee!

That seemed to work (dragged dropped it) I have no idea why that happens but I can say I tried it ~20 times and it occurred every time. Curious. :ermm:

This is my second time with your guide, btw, I was audacious enough to try it with just manual and NMM.. OOPS!

It's about time I learn these tools I did STEP Skyrim manually/NMM as well. (although I had good success with it, lvl 70 and not a crash!)

Thanks again! ::):

So I went to Drumber to ask him directly.  Here is what he said in reply to basically the same thing I asked above about missing female lobotomites and some other female playable race options either having pink/magenta face textures or being repeated multiple times:

"There are less female textures than male ones, it doesn't really effect anything other than Females having the same textures as other races e.g. for Lobotomites and some other things. It won't effect any NPC's, you will just get duplicates in the racemenu, especially when using the playable races esp.

When/if I come back to this mod I'll do female Lobotomites and others and even it out a bit.

I probably will come back to it though, as my new brow textures may actually get a release soon then I'll update this with them also."

The most important thing I get out of it is that the repeat or missing texture playable race options do not affect NPCs.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

After reading Drumber's response, I was led to believe that the duplicate textured races are a FCO issue (not NVR3).  His response about the female lobotomite playable race was a little confusing though, because what he said led me to think that even the female lobotomite playable race should be showing a duplicate texture of something else.  In my situation, it doesn't show any texture - just a pink absence of texture...  Perhaps if/when he actually adds a texture in for that it will no longer be pink.  I'm just happy that it supposedly won't affect the NPCs at all, because I read somewhere that even though they are rare in the game, there are some female lobotomite NPCs somewhere.

NPCs are taken care of by the NVR3 plugin and the FCO textures and meshes. That's why I have people delete the '00' records so FCO doesn't affect the NPCs. I hope it's not NVR3 causing the issue though because it just got a major update.

Ah, I was wondering exactly what the deleting of the '00' records was for.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

I just finished grading exams, now I just gotta enter in the final grades. That means I can get into testing for real. Maybe I can figure out all this NVR3/FCO stuff.

I still haven't finish Beyond Boulder Dome and I'm really looking forward to it. I think I'm somewhat done though since I'm finally in the dome, but I haven't touch FNV in about a month so we'll see. Also, got a few textures, mostly tiny ones, and then Destruction Overhaul and IMPACT. I think I can knock all that out this weekend if Christmas stuff doesn't take up too much.

Also, if you guys want to list your favorite weapons mods, like mods that have one or two weapons, I can make a separate page for them with merging instructions. It would look like the Millenia Weapons page I have linked in the guide already. I've been wanting to put together another page with some of my favorites like Tactical Flamer Revamp and M24E1 to add a bit more variety, but if others already have some of their favorites, then I can throw it together really quick.

Honestly, I haven't really played the game much - I've mainly been modding it and waiting for some of the best mods to be integrated.  At this point I'm about to finally play, I think.  But, from what I gather, not a lot of non-bullet weapons have been redone or added in through mods.  It seems as though we have an amazing assortment of bullet weapons to choose from already.  How about some more energy or melee or explosives or something maybe? (flamer is good)  Millenia's weapons are spectacular, but he seems to focus on the real life bullet weapons.

Well, I'm finally about done with Beyond Boulder Dome. Usually large mods end up pretty bad since they lack the polish and writing of professionals, but it had a decent story. The voice acting is mostly high quality and the NPCs fit the whole Fallout world quite well. The complaint I have the difficulty. There is this one set of enemies that have perfect aiming even if you cripple their heads or arms, so it just isn't all that fair to go up against them. Bring your armor piercing rounds. It's more a bad design choice than a consequence of the enemies being tough because of good AI. Also, bring lots of Rad-X and RadAway. Colorado is covered in radiation.

I'll be adding this mod and the FCO plugin for it. I've been the M24E1 while playing and that gun is really well done. It is powerful, but offset with high AP cost if using VATS and it fires slow so you can't just sit their pulling the trigger from 200 yards out. It will be in the next weapon pack I put together along with the Crossbow mods, Tactical Flamer Revamp, and Mason Jar Mine. I need to get a few more though before I do it, maybe a couple energy weapons.

I had made some pages for extra weapons like the Millenia's one, but I didn't put the link anywhere for later reference. Took me a good 20 minutes to find them.  ::P:

Anyways, I've found some energy weapons that look pretty good.

1. MNK-RHINO Gauss Revolver
  2. THOR
  3. VT-191 Murdelizer
  4. Omegared99 - M-2081 Pistol
  5. AER11 Blue Laser Rifle - Holographic Aiming
  6. TAR-3 Tesla Assault Rifle

That looks like a good starting point. Anyways, people can add these to the game without worrying about messing anything up as long as you are below the 135 plugin count. Or you can use the merging instructions and just apply it to any set of weapons. If you've done the merging instructions for the Millenia weapons, then just use that as a template. It's easy peasy.

I'll start testing these pretty soon and take all the ones that are high quality since some of the energy stuff can be gimmicky. Any recommendations for your favorites are welcome as well.