Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

So I tried to launch FNVEdit through MO and got this error:

https://i.imgur.com/COEjM4B.png

What is FalloutMO.exe?

That line should be calling the Plugins.txt:

FNVEdit 3.0.33 EXPERIMENTAL starting session 2014-12-11 09:43:09
Using FalloutNV Data Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\
Using ini: C:\Users\Grant\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Fallout.ini
Using plugin list: C:\Users\Grant\AppData\Local\FalloutNV\Plugins.txt
Edited by GrantSP

I checked Millenia's latest files and he uploaded the CZ805 BREN on the 2nd of November. Is it safe to assume that the reason it's not under Millenia's Additional Weapons is that it just hasn't been noticed yet? I'll probably install it just to check it out, but just from watching Millenia's video it looks and sounds amazing.

Edited by Foffy123

I didn't realize this before, but NVR3 still isn't quite right...  If I try to create a male, and I flip through all the race categories it seems as though every option available looks ok and is different from each other.  On the other hand, if I try to create a female, a bunch of options available to select look exactly the same as other options.  Furthermore, these three specifically are missing texture files I think because the skin is bright purple: Caucasian Slave, Daniel Wyand, and Lobotomites Drumber.  Is it possible that the author of NVR3 never created those female options and so they don't show up properly in the character creator... or is there some kind of installation incompatibility or installation procedure error?  Another relevant question - even though many options seem to be repeats of the same face and those 3 options are missing texture files, will any of those affect the way certain NPCs look in the game?

I checked Millenia's latest files and he uploaded the CZ805 BREN on the 2nd of November. Is it safe to assume that the reason it's not under Millenia's Additional Weapons is that it just hasn't been noticed yet? I'll probably install it just to check it out, but just from watching Millenia's video it looks and sounds amazing.

I didn't add it yet because I got bothered by other stuff right when it came out and haven't had time to add it. If you follow the procedure on that page you can keep adding weapons to it if you follow the same procedure. Just keep adding them and adding them. Just remember to move the plugin to the optional ESPs for any mods you add and leave them ticked in the left pane since you need the textures, meshes, sounds,... etc.

I didn't realize this before, but NVR3 still isn't quite right...  If I try to create a male, and I flip through all the race categories it seems as though every option available looks ok and is different from each other.  On the other hand, if I try to create a female, a bunch of options available to select look exactly the same as other options.  Furthermore, these three specifically are missing texture files I think because the skin is bright purple: Caucasian Slave, Daniel Wyand, and Lobotomites Drumber.  Is it possible that the author of NVR3 never created those female options and so they don't show up properly in the character creator... or is there some kind of installation incompatibility or installation procedure error?  Another relevant question - even though many options seem to be repeats of the same face and those 3 options are missing texture files, will any of those affect the way certain NPCs look in the game?

Purple means missing textures, but it might only be in character creation. NVR3 works fine, but FCO might have some issues with the added races in character creation. Make one of the purple races into a character and see if it's purple in game. The added races that all look the same are from FCO, they should just be different ages or something. You might try reinstalling mod again. 

What is FalloutMO.exe?

That line should be calling the Plugins.txt:

FNVEdit 3.0.33 EXPERIMENTAL starting session 2014-12-11 09:43:09
Using FalloutNV Data Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data\
Using ini: C:\Users\Grant\Documents\My Games\FalloutNV\Fallout.ini
Using plugin list: C:\Users\Grant\AppData\Local\FalloutNV\Plugins.txt

Huh... Well that's weird.  I have no idea what FalloutMO.exe is.  Also I went to the location you stated for the plugin list and that file isn't in the folder:

https://i.imgur.com/twaNG4i.png

edit1: I found FalloutMO.exe in the FNV install directory:

https://i.imgur.com/CKy0LG8.png

edit2: AW SHUCKS I figured it out.  I forgot to remove the launch arguments from getting FNV 4GB to work.

https://i.imgur.com/lVpUkZr.png

Edited by Gnrl_Kitty

ahh... I know what that is now, or at least what it is supposed to be.

You have the 4gb patch for FalloutNV. You may have created the arguments incorrectly. That exe should be called FalloutMO.exe not .FalloutMO.exe. (note the period at the beginning)

Check those settings and see what that does.

A few users have noted the NOT using those arguments, ie. 

-laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe

and just running the fnv4gb.exe works better in MO.

EDIT:

I'm thinking it might be easier if you start a thread in the MO support section as this isn't really a F&LNV issue and there is already a discussion happening over the top of this.

Edited by GrantSP

OK - so I tested the female "Lobotomites Drumber" and actually created the character.  After creating the character (right before Doc Mitchell has you work the vigormatic or whatever it's called) I zoomed out to look at her and only the skin on her head (down to the neck seam) is purple.  Interesting, I felt that her chin was a bit too pointy also - which leads me to believe that maybe NVR3 or FCO creators never created a female version.  Would they really leave the chin that pointy?  lol

Is there something in the code that places all the same "race/age-type" categories in both male and female regardless of whether or not all of the associated data is actually available?

Unless someone here has a good idea exactly which mod it might be... I would say go and disable all of the "NPC/Player Bodies/Clothing" mods, then create a new bashed patch, then play the game and see if those hands or bodies are still pink - you might have to use some kind of console command to disable/re-enable the NPC though in order to refresh the textures.  If everything looks ok, then re-enable a few more mods, run LOOT, bashed patch, etc... until you run into the issue again.  Then narrow it down to exactly which mod is doing it.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Man, I can't reproduce that. My Lobotomites are all good. It is a known bug even for people that just install FCO without NVR3. I think Drumber has worked it out for the next version though. Just don't use the Lobotomite in character creation.

I don't know how your female lobotomite in the character creator can be all good, unless you downloaded a different version of FCO than I did or unless my copy got corrupted.  I have 2.3.1 and the 2 patches which bring it to 2.3.2.  The patch files don't include any texture files in them - only the main file.  So I went through the main file (pre-installation) and into the "Main\textures\characters\drumber\female\" folder.  It doesn't even include female textures for Lobotomites or for Daniel Wyand.  I think I know why a bunch of the female faces look like duplicates in the character creation race selector too - because the number of female ghoul face textures (for example) is only 1.  Males have 6 textures in the archive and 6 options in-game.  I guess it just duplicates the same selection of options for a female character as the male, but can't find 6 separate textures and so it duplicates the single 1 available 5 more times to give the same number of options as males have (which is 6).  If that is actually what's going on then this must be messed up for everyone.  Can you check your installation again? - the character creation screen, because if yours is showing all of the textures then something else must be at play here.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

i belive i have located the issue of the pink body and pink hands issue i was having. I belive the problems is New Vegas Redisigned cos if i unload that mod the pink hand and body are gone reload it back and the the issue is back. So this mod might need looking at again.

this issue at the moment seem limited to jackel member females

Edited by Darth_mathias