Seasons of Skyrim ENB True HDR (by bronze316)

TechAngel85

Discussion thread:

Seasons of Skyrim ENB True HDR by bronze316

Wiki Link

Video:

This truly looks beautiful! It's remains very close to vanilla Skyrim. However subtle, the changes are well welcomed and well done. The colors of vanilla are enhanced just the right amount although I do wish the nights were a bit darker.

I really like the author's ENB presets. His True Vision ENB is also done very well. I think I might use his ENB for Mass Effect too that he's posted on the page!

Z did compares of this ENB a while ago, and that's pretty much what convinced me to use it. It looks extremely good and realistic without too much snow blind effect or too much darkness. I still prefer Skylight ENB though :P

I'm having a hard time choosing one. I value realism above all so anything that adds too much "fantasy" lighting is out for me. Right now it's between this preset, SkyRealism and Vividian. Skylight is good; however, I from the shots it seems to darken the overall lighting just a bit (even in the sunny days) which I don't like.

I mentioned I liked that one in the OP too. I did a compare of ENBs over a year ago in search of the one I liked the best. At that time, SkyRealism won the top spot and True Vision was in second place. Then I stopped using ENBs in order to be able to run at higher resolutions. I don't have to sacrifice one for the other now, with this new custom rig. So I'm in the market again.

I think I'll compare those two first again and then add in these three new ones to compare against the winner of the SkyRealism and True Vision compare.

I'll see about taking some compares when I do the testing.

I haven't tried any ENBs in-game yet. The Natural Lighting & Atmosphere for ENB is one of the threads I started here. It looks promising; however, I think it still needs some work to be able to stand up to the ENBs listed above.

• 3 weeks later...

After spending a better part of a weekend comparing ENBs, this is the one I am sticking with.  Best bang for the bucks performance wise and absolutely the most stunning graphically.  It's not cinematic like Somber, its realsitic with a touch of fantasy.  The snow and ice is the best but far of all the ENBs I tested, very real.  Love it.

My No. 1!

Edited by Garfink

I am trying the performance version of this ENB, and I'm amazed at what I get  while still having some great FPS rates. Admittedly, it is far more of a "fantasy" feel than Undramatic ENB (which I love but it eats my GPU performance a bit), but I have never poo-p0oed having a fantasy game look well, fantastic.

So, I'll be using Seasons of Skyrim for a while I think. first time I have downgraded my ENB DLL's for a preset...but well worth it.

Works fine with 0.252 I think, I tested a few scenes between 0.236 and 0.252 and they look the same to me, at least I haven't noticed any issues.  I too use the performance version because I am using grass on grass mod and grass density set at 40 and with grass with shadows, this and any ENB mod really slows down.  But with the performance preset I can sustain 50+ fps with this setup.  (The grass looks great by-the-way and its very performance friendly.  I think Unique Grasses look better, but the performance hit is much more substantial.  Does anyone know how I can get rid of them odd tall stem flowers from SFO Diversity, they look out-of-place most of the time.)

I am using SMC (modified with all maxed out texture resolutions) + ELE + Relighting Skyrim + COT + COT patch (using DN1 for darker nights but not too dark) + (temporarily using the dynamic shadows mod that comes with Skylight ENB, although I think it isn't 100% compatible with ELE, as I am getting a very few light glitches... but I am sticking with it a little longer because the dynamic shadows are AWESOME and is something that is lacking from both ELE and RS.  I disable preload to VRAM in the enblocal as this seems to help fix the crash on reload issue, reserve memory set to 256 as I seem to get less stutters with a small setting, and memory set to 10240 as I am using a Titan and have 32Gb of RAM (primarily for photo editing actually!)

I would install supreme storm & expanded snow systems & the associated COT patch mods if I had any more space in my load order.... they look great and really adds variety to the weather, but I have merged a ton of other plugins, and I am not comfortable to merge any more before I tested my game more.  I am also using Dramatic Clouds and Real Clouds, the latter has come a long way and I think it looks great 98% of the time, I have seen a couple of odd glitches though, but they are super rare.  One time I started in the sinking boat with Alternative Start and because you start the game below the water line, I think the Real Clouds spawned too low and some were in the water and that played havoc with the ENB and the water mod and look very strange.  It fixed itself quickly once I was out of the water though.  

(My game sometimes CTD during a reload after I die, very frustrating, its better now though.  Also for some ODD reason, when I run SKSE via Mod Organizer to boot up Skyrim, the first time I don't have access to my save games, the main menu comes up but I don't have the continue option, its like I just installed Skyrim, BUT oddly when I quit and reload again using Mod Organizer, the save games are back...  It is VERY annoy after CTDs as I have to essentially wait for Skyrim to load twice before being able to play.  IF ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON, it would be much appreciated.)

(Titan + 4.2Ghz CPU by the way, so YMMV.)

I tried Undramatic ENB and out of the box, I found the contrast to be very high, especially in bright sunlight and I found the shadows too unrealistic dark in the sun.  I also didn't like the saturation in the colors, the reds and greens seem a little too out-of-place, Also I found the snow on a clear day just wasn't white enough which was immersion breaking, I ski a lot and I can tell you that Seasons ENB's snow is the closes thing to the real stuff, snow should be blinding and not a bright grey color.  Totally a one man subjective opinion of course.  Looks great in dungeons though.  Could be tweaked.... but I've spent enough time with mucking ENBs, time to play some more.

I just fixed (hopefully the final) CTD problem I was having, I had accidentally installed the new version of Mighty Magick and didn't realize that I had installed at the same time the Mighty Magick AIO.esp from these forums... not a great idea having both versions installed, didn't have a problem till I started playing with a mage character.  Crashed everytime I was having a massive spell battle with other spell casters.  Now its working again.  Silly me.

Edited by Garfink