Roosters At Dawn (by schmidte)

MadWizard25

Discussion thread:

Roosters At Dawn by schmidte

Wiki Link

Posted Image

Edit: Adding a little more info. This is purely a sound mod, similar to SoS. At in game dusk time, in certain villages and cities, there is a chance for a rooster crow. Thats about it.

Still to test it out, but by the comments there seems to be no problems with it. I think its one of these minor immersion mods thats fits in well with the STEP philosophy. Enjoy!

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17257

• 10 months later...

I personaly didnt come to conclude this mod culprit of instability, but as I was reviewing my 250 mod long game searching for causes of instability (which are mostly sanned now), I come across those comments on the mod page and instantly disbaled it since I did never hear the rooster to be honest. However I did notice sometimes lag which might have been from those scripts in the rooster hour, but that was not tested.

Also as is mentioned in the comments, the mod has no uninstall instrutions to which script to stop before uninstalling and isnt updated for almost an year, last one was 24 may 2012.

• 4 weeks later...

I am extremely picky about what mods I run and I have enjoyed this mod immensely. Playing as a vampire I hear the roosters all the time at daybreak and it’s a great signal that you are about to get mauled by sunlight. It also adds immersion to thief classes who get the signal that it's time to stop robbing yoru neighbors. I personally thought this mod added a lot of good immersion to Skyrim. As far as issues and instability I cannot comment. I never noticed that specifically from roosters. But I can comment that adding bird spawns from other mods like Birds of Skyrim does reduce stability as I have found that any additional spawning of any AI character in Skyrim can reduce stability.

SkyTest should definitely be part of a pack instead of STEP 2.3... It does add scripts and spawns (and conflicts somewhere with other STEP mods), and if we want to keep baseline "performance-friendly" and user-friendly, this mod doesn't belong in there. I like all those mods very much, and will continue to use them (except Roosters at Dawn), but I don't go for baseline anyways.