A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Just had a quick look at the ETaC changes... Version 13 is incompatible with REGS. There are a number of HARD conflicts that require extensive CK editing to make it compatible.

I'll put in a request to Jenna to keep 12.1 online for REGS compatibility, now that CJ is no longer working on either REGS nor ETaC

You must disable both of those mods, at minimum. The best parts of IS have been incorporated into ETaC, including Raven Rock. 

REGS - Cities also has a hard conflict now for the Whiterun exterior area... Which sucks because the other stuff of REGS - Cities (most notably Solitude and Windhelm exterior) is great.

Moreover probably many of the ETaC patches (of the REGS patch isntaller) are not gonna work anymore. Stuff like NSutR etc... I say probably because we gonna have to take a good look at it.

Jenna replied that she will at least provide us with an external link to 12.1 so that we have some time to sort REGS - ETaC integration out. 

You must disable both of those mods, at minimum. The best parts of IS have been incorporated into ETaC, including Raven Rock. 

REGS - Cities also has a hard conflict now for the Whiterun exterior area... Which sucks because the other stuff of REGS - Cities (most notably Solitude and Windhelm exterior) is great.

Moreover probably many of the ETaC patches (of the REGS patch isntaller) are not gonna work anymore. Stuff like NSutR etc... I say probably because we gonna have to take a good look at it.

Jenna replied that she will at least provide us with an external link to 12.1 so that we have some time to sort REGS - ETaC integration out.

Having tested the 13.0 installer, I can verify Immersive WhiterunImmersive Orc Strongholds, and Immersive Solstheim are all optional installs. 

From JB's release notes, only Immersive Settlements' Shor's Stone, and Stonehills - both with improvements and changes - have been merged into ETaC Complete.

Unfortunately the release notes seem not to be complete, and individual location changes mentioned for ETaC are for Darkwater Crossing, Dawnstar, Morthal, and Riverwood, and then from Immersive Settlements, it mentions Raven Rock, Shor's Stone, Stonehills and "Whiterun Exterior" (assuming that's Immersive Whiterun).

However, interestingly, the inclusion of the Immersive Orc Strongholds, and Immersive Solstheim optional installs aren't isn't mentioned in the release notes at all. Also, although Raven Rock is listed as an optional install, it is not included as a separate plugin in the FOMOD install package. Not sure if it's missing or actually merged into ETaC Complete. (EDIT - see my "edit" note, below!)

Are you confused yet? I know I am!

Personally, I am going to wait until the "dust settles" with the new 13.0 release, but I am very keen to see it working with REGS (and also help make that happen if needed.)

EDIT: I see now that somebody asked about Raven Rock / Solstheim, and JB explained that she's been referring to the Immersive Solstheim optional plugin as "Raven Rock". So if you're using Raven Rock Expanded as suggested by REGS, then don't install the Immersive Solstheim / Raven Rock optional, because it is definitely not compatible.

I will post a comment asking about Immersive Orc Strongholds to see whether JB forgot to mention changes to it in the release notes or if it is unchanged from the last download on the IS page.

Edited by keithinhanoi

You will sort the incompatibilities with version 13 of ETaC, right?

Who are you asking... me? God help us I hope not!   ::P:

I still have no ideas about navmesh anything and CK is not my friend, yet.

But I'll be poking around everything in TES5Edit when I have a little more time (swamped with work right now), maybe this weekend...

EDIT: JB says she did some navmesh cleanup and "bug fixes" on the Immersive Orc Settlements add-on, and she stuck it into the installer at the last minute. She'll be going through it again at a later time. So, it's entirely possible that this new "version" could be used "stand-alone" (ie., without the rest of ETaC v13) with REGS as it stands currently.

Edited by keithinhanoi

Who are you asking... me? God help us I hope not!   ::P:

I still have no ideas about navmesh anything and CK is not my friend, yet.

But I'll be poking around everything in TES5Edit when I have a little more time (swamped with work right now), maybe this weekend...

EDIT: JB says she did some navmesh cleanup and "bug fixes" on the Immersive Orc Settlements add-on, and she stuck it into the installer at the last minute. She'll be going through it again at a later time. So, it's entirely possible that this new "version" could be used "stand-alone" (ie., without the rest of ETaC v13) with REGS as it stands currently.

I'm asking the pack creators.