A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Tested Whiterun full REGS and JK Exterior plus JK / DOW interior combo.

Exterior - no major problems. Seems to work well with BCE and couldn't see any issues with Nernies additions. JK adds a lot of wooden spikes around the top of the walls - which makes sense. Noticable clipping with the BCE cart on the left as you walk down the path away from the gate. JK adds a couple of smaller carts to either side that clip into the shelter over the main cart - easy to miss if you weren't looking closely. IMHO the JK's exterior clutter looks a little messy in a few places but this is probably realistic. 

Interior - Noticable FPS drop with both mods running in some areas, (particularly when panning L to R), but certainly is still playable. Mainly at the front gate looking up the street - for the reasons Nearox has mentioned. I use SMIM and HD textures. Not aMidianBorn Whiterun though as this was a killer when i used to run with just DOW.

If you want Whiterun to be a busy thriving trading hub (and don't mind a little FPS drop) then this combo is for you!

• +1 1

Just wanted to say I was doing a few speed runs yesterday (God Mode with speedmult 500 or speedmult 1000) with my SR:LE + REGs combo and am either CTD'ing or freezing in the area south of Kynesgrove (the steam pits with all the giants and Saber Cats). I'm using LOOT for my load order so maybe I don't have a rule or so I need. I've checked my patches a few times but don't see any glaring issues. To be triple sure I looked at the REGS, SR:LE, SR:LE + REGS and SR:LE + REGS + ENB guides to see if someone thought of something I didn't. I'd tell you if it were a VRAM overload if I could but I can't tell since I have to log out to unfreeze it so Skyrim Performance Monitor tell me anything.

I'm using 1k textures in exteriors and when I don't get freezes I'm getting 57-60 FPS outdoors with eNB enabled, SPM says it's usually at 2.8GB VRAM out of 3GB but idk how trust worthy it is since as far as I can tell it won't give me a straight answer about how much RAM it's using even with "Combine  TESV and ENBHost system RAM" on in SPM.

Ideas? 

Sorry, I am totally swamped with real life at the moment. 

As for your issue phazer, I have crashed there before as well. Though it is rare. However keep in mind that area is basicalyl a triangle of Kynesgrove, Mixwater Mill and Darkwater Crossing. There are also 2 fortresses around if I am not mistaken. If you stand in the midle of the triangle it might load all 3 of these towns.  Since they are expanded by ETaC it is possible that the default memory block values (768/256) are not high enough there. Have you checked with Memory Blocks Log? A few weeks ago I increased the first block to 1024 (i.e. 768 in effect) and the second to 512, and havent crashed since. But havent played much since either. 

As you have 3GB VRAM, running out of memory really could not be the problem. Especially since you say you also did some stuff of the guide for medium systems, which is catered for lower VRAM like my 2gb hd6950. Try to juggle with the reserved video memory setting in enblocal. Going from 64, 128 to 256 and see if that resolves the problem. Disable also  compression. See if any of that works. Might also help to post your enblocal.ini settings here.

Btw this topic has been quiet for like a day.. No biggie  ::D:

The following RS children / PNP esp files merge nicely (with default settings and no facegen files produced) and save you 9 of your 255 slots;

RSChildren - CompletePrince&Pauper RS HF - PNP ClothesRSChildren_PatchUSKPPatch - ETaC Complete - RS kidsPatch - Falskaar - RS kidsPatch - Wyrm - RS kidsPrince&Pauper - RS children and 3DNPCsPatch - 3DNPCs - RS kidsPrince&Pauper - RS children and INPCsPatch - INPCs - RS kids

That seemed to help (even without disabling compression). Now I need to figure out what's causing my FPS to be so low. It was cruising at around 60 outdoors with ENB on like I said before but now it's in the 30s and 40's (sometimes the 50's). Not sure why, reverted my .ini's as well and that didn't do anything (even tried setting the memory patch portion of SKSE.ini back down to 768 and 256).

Aside from the biggest request which is a merged set of patchers/esp replacers, I have but one content request and that is regarding food items.  Food items alter the economy and add magic effects and generally alter the core game balance, size of the crafting menus, immersion etc when you get numerous duplicates and they don't match up with the effects set forth by mods like Requiem and RND and frostfall etc.

I humbly request that you consider a method or policy (even if its a console switch or TESEDIT manual change) that allows optional blocking of the expansive food item/recipe/placed items/levellist content changes.  Alternatively, you could create a separate and optional food/recipe only mod that REGS will use so both users and modders could work with that one esp and then be confident in future REGS compatibility. 

Thanks for listening and thanks for maintaining REGS.

Edited by obdown666

COuld you point out which mods provide the food items you are talking about? And how many items does it concern? I can understand this breaks, however small, immersion for some ppeople. But if it is just about a few items then I don't really see a reason to provide a custom ESP for that. 

You can use MFG Console to determine which mod(s) are adding or modifying the food items you are talking about. Please do so and provide a list. 

@ everyone I know a few mods have had a version update. I haven't tested them in game but judging from the changes lists no conflicting areas were updated. CRF's new Heljarchen farm should be good. 

The following RS children / PNP esp files merge nicely (with default settings and no facegen files produced) and save you 9 of your 255 slots;

RSChildren - CompletePrince&Pauper RS HF - PNP ClothesRSChildren_PatchUSKPPatch - ETaC Complete - RS kidsPatch - Falskaar - RS kidsPatch - Wyrm - RS kidsPrince&Pauper - RS children and 3DNPCsPatch - 3DNPCs - RS kidsPrince&Pauper - RS children and INPCsPatch - INPCs - RS kids

Yesterday I've been trying this merge but without success. it was already late and I had to give up.
The only difference is that I also use Non-Essential Children https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13202/? and the patch included with RS Children. 
I'll use your merged and then manual merge the NEC patch (i guess it will do)
BTW you don´t use the PnP USKP patch?