Dawn of Whiterun by BluePianoTwo

rootsrat

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37460/?

Lore friendly Whiterun enhancer.

Dawn of Whiterun is 100% lore-friendly and focuses on making Whiterun the trading capitol of Skyrim that it was meant to be. Plus, it uses DLC resources to pull everything together, and is one of the very first city overhaul mods to pull from the DLCs.

Lastly, the entire mod is script-free meaning that you can try it out risk-free, as the lack of scripts makes uninstalling much safer.

Enhancements include:

- 6 new merchants and vendor stalls

- Updated market square

- New livestock

- East Empire Company headquarters and representative

- A TON of immersive clutter

- Whiterun gate details

- Jorrvaskr entrance details

- Bannered Mare patio area

- Shrine of Ysgramor in Wind District

- Details around the Shrine of Talos, Gildergreen, and Dragonsreach

I liked this one too. A coupe of suggestions:

The Skyforged dagger and battle ax plus the coin purses by the by the new statue should not be free to take - they should at least count as stealing if you grab them. (Easy enough in the night with few guards around.)

Also, Mithllon has a magic bow and sword laying on his table - he should have a magic weapon or two for sale in his inventory. (Maybe he does at higher levels I was only level one when I ran around the place.)

Great mod. Used with with Immersive Patrols and Inconsequential NPCs - makes for a nice bustling city. Love the goats and chickens in town (I assume they are yours) - they give it a very medieval feeling.

Can't wait until you do some more of the cities... hint hint...

The performance hit is pretty small by itself, but depending on what other city/lighting/enb mods you are using, the impact can increase.

If you have any questions about my mods, please don't hesitate to ask! :)

- BluePianoTwo

Hey Piano, I was wondering if you could please remove the 3 wild edits to karliah's armor in this mod. I just noticed it from running the mod together with krypto's Nightingale Hall Restored. :)

They're in Dawn of Riften, not Whiterun, and I was actually going to ask about them as well...

Hey Piano' date=' I was wondering if you could please remove the 3 wild edits to karliah's armor in this mod. I just noticed it from running the mod together with krypto's Nightingale Hall Restored. :)[/quote']

They're in Dawn of Riften' date=' not Whiterun, and I was actually going to ask about them as well...[/quote']

Woops, too much navmesh editing can ruin your eyes :p

• 4 weeks later...

OK, file this under weird and I still can't pin point what is the precise issue, but here it is:

Dawn of Whiterun causes the NPC Braith to fade into partial and usually complete invisibility.  Basically, like she (the whole NPC, clothes, skin, eyes, et al)  in particular is being rendered in and out of the game, while interactions, voice and scripting all stay normal.

So, how did I come to pint this issue on WhiterunAlivePiano.esp?

Well, I first suspected Xvision Complete and NonEssential Children, even the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, but after loading up clean saves entering Whiterun for verification via the process of elimination I finally started looking at seemingly unrelated mods...like Dawn of Whiterun. ( also have a mod that adds trees to Whiterun, but disabling it had no effect on Braith, etc)

But, I don't know how WhiterunAlivePiano.esp could cause this...my theory is that so much is being added to the city space that my PC won't render Braith? But why Braith and as far as I know, just Braith? Nothing on close inspection in TESSEdit showed anything to do with NPC's other than the NPC's added by the mod.

All that I know is that like a flip of the switch, WhiterunAlivePiano.esp enabled = Braith becomes a wraith, WhiterunAlivePiano.esp disaabled = Braith is normal...

O.o

Edited by Kuldebar
No spoiler tags

Have you tried running a pristine MO profile with only Dawn of Whiterun activated? I'm talking 100% clean here, not even USKP.

That would determine if the issue really stems from DoW or if it's actually some sort of incompatibility/coincidence.

OK, file this under weird and I still can't pin point what is the precise issue, but here it is:

Dawn of Whiterun causes the NPC Braith to fade into partial and usually complete invisibility.  Basically, like she (the whole NPC, clothes, skin, eyes, et al)  in particular is being rendered in and out of the game, while interactions, voice and scripting all stay normal.

So, how did I come to pint this issue on WhiterunAlivePiano.esp?

Well, I first suspected Xvision Complete and NonEssential Children, even the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, but after loading up clean saves entering Whiterun for verification via the process of elimination I finally started looking at seemingly unrelated mods...like Dawn of Whiterun. ( also have a mod that adds trees to Whiterun, but disabling it had no effect on Braith, etc)

But, I don't know how WhiterunAlivePiano.esp could cause this...my theory is that so much is being added to the city space that my PC won't render Braith? But why Braith and as far as I know, just Braith? Nothing on close inspection in TESSEdit showed anything to do with NPC's other than the NPC's added by the mod.

All that I know is that like a flip of the switch, WhiterunAlivePiano.esp enabled = Braith becomes a wraith, WhiterunAlivePiano.esp disaabled = Braith is normal...

O.o

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espApachiiHair.esmApachiiHairFemales.esmApachiiHairMales.esmSkyrim Project Optimization - No Homes.esmLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esmTravellersOfSkyrim.esmXFLMain.esmXvision Children.esmHighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espUnofficial High Resolution Patch.espSkyrim - Player Re-Voiced - Elven Races Complete - Male.espRelightingSkyrim.espRelighting Skyrim - Dawnguard.espRelighting Skyrim - HearthFire.espRelighting Skyrim - Dragonborn.espRelighting Skyrim - Update.espXvision Children - USKP.espXvision Children - Complete.espHousecarl Greetings Fix.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espRainbows.espBardSoundsMalukah.espImmersive Sounds - Magic.espImproved Combat Sounds v2.2.esprandomthunder.espmintylightningmod.espAMatterOfTime.espAuto Unequip Ammo.espAuto Unequip Helmet.espDragonBlood.espFullyEquippedBlacksmiths.espGBob_More_Minor_Vendors.espHARODATH_ImmersiveSoulgems.espHoldBorderBanners.espLanterns Of Skyrim - AIO - Dawnguard.espLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Somber ENB.espmcCampingLite.espCraftable and Placeable Havok-enabled Bedrolls .espORM-Arvak.espPoint The Way.espPopulated Dungeons Caves Ruins.espPopulated Forts Towers Places.espPopulated Lands Roads Paths.espShootingStars.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.espSmoking Torches.espSwiftPotion.espSurilie And Argonian Wine.espTelvanniGuards.espTravellersOfSkyrim - Vanilla.espTravellersOfSkyrim - Dragonborn Addon.espimmersive wenches.espRaceMenu.espSkyUI.espSaveHotKeyMCM.espDreamBurrowsRegalHuntsmanArmor.espenchantedclothing.espmage_clothes_plus.espGlass Mage Armor Skyrim Vanilla.espGlass Mage Armor Outlander Gold.espGlass Mage Armor Ashlander Silver.espImmersive Weapons.espTwohanded Dawnbreaker.espSunburst Dawnbreaker.espwarchiefarmor.espSmithing Perks Overhaul_Remade.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espCCO_SIC_Patch.espBetter City Entrances - All in one.espHolmwood.espBHTNF_Eli.espbeginnersshack.espGildergreen Regrown.esphigh hrothgar overhaul.esphjerimtnf.espHoneysideTNF.espproudspiremanortnf.espBetterDocks-MP-DLC-Compatible.espVHTNF.espWhiterun Ferns.espWindhelm Lighthouse.espHearthfireChimneys.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espWinterhold College Mage Student Dorm Improvements.espBrighter Campfires X15.espBrighter Candles.espGrassOnSteroids_Short.espInconsequential NPCs.espXvision Children - IncNPCs.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espSleepTight.espRun For Your Lives.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espWeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.espParalyze.espRichMerchants.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.espSkyFalls Dragonborn Small waterfalls.espConvenient Horses.espTrueGauldurAmulet.espUnreadBooksGlow.espWeapons & Armor_DragonPriestMasks.espsm_winterholdgate.espClosedBorderGates.espImpeREAL Empire - Unique Cities - Falkreath.espWhiterunAlivePiano.espOblivion Gates v3 - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.espDawnofRiften.espDawnofWindhelm.espFrostflowHome.espSky Haven Temple M&M3.espPopulated Cities Towns Villages.espBFT Ships and Carriages - HF.espSkyrimSewers.espForgottenMagic_Redone.espForestAtronach.espBetterMagic_FULL.espAuto Unequip Shield.espBeards.espBrows.espFlansEyesForSkrim.espTheEyesOfBeauty.espThe Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.espPresets 2-3.espNPC_Overhaul_V_1_.espUSKP_NPCoverhaul_Patch.espprostitutes.espXFLDialogue.espXFLPlugins.espAnders_Companion.espAnruin - Faendal Replacer.espAuleric_Nord_Mage_Follower.espAzener.espAzazel.espBenor.espBrothers.espCrazy Sexy Cicero.espDelphine Makeover D2.espDimitri by CrimsonFairy.espFaelarNightfoot.espHot_Male_Housecarls.espJon Battle-Born.espJulienFollower.espJulienTheWise.espJulienTheWild.espKaiden.espMale Elven Followers Compilation V1.espMarque.espMarcurioGB.espOnmund by CrimsonFairy.espRavishingRedheadsFancy.espTalvas by CrimsonFairy.espValden.espNoNakedComments.espNonEssentialChildren.espXvision Children - NEC.espClassicClasses.espCharGen Morphs.espTTYM - Think to Yourself Messages.espNo More Glowing Edges.espiNeed.espWATER.espWATER Plants.espWATER DG.espWATER DB Waves.espImmersive Travel.espBashed Patch, 0.esp

For future reference, please use spoiler tags for long lists. Thanks :)

Fixed it for ya this time.