Dawn of Whiterun by BluePianoTwo

rootsrat

I've used this mod several times and have not run into this issue and have interacted with her.

Does this occur on a new game for you?  If it is an existing save one of the other mods could have modified her and gotten baked into your save game like they do for named NPCs.

Have you tried running a pristine MO profile with only Dawn of Whiterun activated? I'm talking 100% clean here, not even USKP.

That would determine if the issue really stems from DoW or if it's actually some sort of incompatibility/coincidence.

No, I haven't and that's a good point, but even if I found out it was some strange issue involving the USP and WhiterunAlivePiano.esp and I had to choose one or the other, obviously I'd go with USP. So, I didn't go any further down that road. My clean save was just with the official game and DLC's, obviously I was loading that save into a modded game, but I would enable blocks of mods at a time and gradually narrowed it down.

But, you are correct it could still be two or more mods behaving together badly and not just the one, but removing "that one" made the problem go away.

I've used this mod several times and have not run into this issue and have interacted with her.

Does this occur on a new game for you?  If it is an existing save one of the other mods could have modified her and gotten baked into your save game like they do for named NPCs.

Actually, I forgot to mention that in my post...this problem doesn't happen with every new game but it has happened several times in new games,

I usually would just give up and lose heart in playing that particular character because of the chance of some potential problems down the line. I mean when you start having NPC's fade into invisibility when you are only 3 levels into the game...well you don't desire to stick with it for 100 more levels. As much as I hated losing 2-3 hours of play on this new character, this time I resolved to get to the bottom of it, even if I had to load each of my 180 mods individually. lol

For example, my last play through with 98% of the same mods had no issue, I was getting to the point of keeping my fingers crossed when loading into Whiterun and being relived once I saw Braith wasn't a disembodied voice.

She's a vanilla NPC, it should be possible to select her with the prid command.

In this case it would be "prid 0001A66B"

Yeah, I'd do that and moveto player to test if she was back to normal...she can be sometimes hard to find even when she isn't invisible. I'm chalking it up to another weird Skyrim issue, but at least one that I can avoid, although I will miss using the this mod. 

Has anyone experienced the decorations in front of Bannered Mare being transparent when looked at from certain angles? Especially just after you leave the inn and look up... The ropes and colourful flags are semi transparent in my game.

I didn't do much testing around it, will do soon, but maybe someone experienced that before.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Dude, it's Braith we're talking about here. The non essential children mod was basically created because of her. So just stab her with a dragonbone sword and be done with it.

No, I don't sit down to play Skyrim for untold hours on a modded install if it has craptastic glitches  like that, no thanks!

I found out the catalyst for the problem on my system, but I just wanted a better understanding as to the how and why of it.

Sorry, my reply was actually meant as a joke, but I forgot to put a smiley or something to indicate that. :/

No, it's fine, I didn't take your comment as mean spirited...it's just I've had so many niggling issues with Skyrim and mods in the past I have a very low tolerance for putting up with stuff like that in the game. I come to prefer stable stable vanilla more than awesome but glitchy, assuming I have to choose. Hell, the game's glitchy enough before being modded, lol.

Has anyone experienced the decorations in front of Bannered Mare being transparent when looked at from certain angles? Especially just after you leave the inn and look up... The ropes and colourful flags are semi transparent in my game.

I didn't do much testing around it, will do soon, but maybe someone experienced that before.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Could it be related to this:

Posted Image

Very briefly discussed here.

No, it's fine, I didn't take your comment as mean spirited...it's just I've had so many niggling issues with Skyrim and mods in the past I have a very low tolerance for putting up with stuff like that in the game. I come to prefer stable stable vanilla more than awesome but glitchy, assuming I have to choose. Hell, the game's glitchy enough before being modded, lol.

Could it be related to this:

Posted Image

Very briefly discussed here.

Aaah, after playing with it for bit yesterday I can tell it's exactly that problem. I shall report this to Piano at my earliest opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

Version v1.4

(Released March 21st, 2014)- Fixes banners by main gate- Fixes "floating" flag ring and adds more flags to the market- Small changes near the well, including the addition of water- Adds stolen flags to the items at the Ysgramor statue- Cosmetic changes to exterior Jorrvaskr, including lanters, smelter, archery range, and revamped dining area

::):

Braith is no longer invisible...things that make you go "hmmm"

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the update was nice, but the festival flags still tend to become invisible in certain lighting situations and viewing angles, from what I read on the enbdev forums, this usually has to do with the mesh/texture properties of the resource or occlusion planes.

I'm not quite sure I like a smelter in Jorrvaskr area. I have a feeling that Piano is overdoing "Dawn of..." series a little. It's becoming a little too much. Not to mention that my FPS is killed when I enter Whiterun now. Looking from the gate towards Bannered Mare, I get below 20 FPS, which is ridiculous, considering I get above 30 everywhere else, and just below (28-29) in most intensive areas like Riften etc.

Considering removing this from my playthrough...