Cultist Mask Decapitation Fix (by pauderek)

rootsrat

Discussion thread:
Cultist Decapitation Fix by pauderek
Wiki Link

New upload. It fixes the... cultist mask decapitation. A mesh replacer basically, same as Argonian Decapitation Fix currently in STEP

No brainer. I'll move it to testing, as presumably we do want it, no?

Accepted for STEP:Core 2.2.9 (pending that it is not better for Extended in the event of too many complex downstream conflicts with Packs)

Cultist Mask Decapitation Fix

MT Notes:

EssArrBee - "This was confirm to work by user CJ2311 here. I also confirmed not in UDBP or the beta."

• To Do Notes:
    • Confirm the bug, confirm the fix.
    • Also, visit USKP changelog for beta version to see if pending release has this fix.

Just need to confirm the fix, but I'm not really good with meshes. I know about meshes, but wouldn't be able to tell you what they did to add a fix. That might be better suited to someone else.

Also, if Open Faced helmets has a fix for this then why isn't add to these meshes already since there is now a Db version of the mod?

Just need to confirm the fix, but I'm not really good with meshes. I know about meshes, but wouldn't be able to tell you what they did to add a fix. That might be better suited to someone else.

Also, if Open Faced helmets has a fix for this then why isn't add to these meshes already since there is now a Db version of the mod?

That is a good idea! I don't have any clue about meshes either...

Lets organize a bit more with MT duties. Since we have so many mod's in testing and we limited amount of help at the moment, it would be good to put stuff up for volunteers.

• Cultist Mask Decapitation Fix

• MT Notes:
  • To Do Notes:

• Confirm the bug, confirm the fix.
  • Open in TES5Edit and determine if fix is included in USKP already. Also, visit USKP changelog for beta version to see if pending release has this fix.

I cannot confirm whether the fix works or not (unable to play the game atm), but the bug definitely exists in vanilla Skyrim.

Also, the fix doesn't have an esp file, it's just 4 nif files, which are not included in any of the unofficial patches beta. :)

I spent about an hour last night trying to decapitate two cultists in Whiterun by using Dance of Death. I instantly could confirm the bug, the "gore," separate from the body is searchable and you can pick it up, but is invisible. 

Post patch I never had a decapitation to compare it to. I just could seem to make it happen. I don't know if DoD just wasn't doing the job, or if the patch wasn't working. 

Is there a better way to force a decapitation than this? 

I spent about an hour last night trying to decapitate two cultists in Whiterun by using Dance of Death. I instantly could confirm the bug, the "gore," separate from the body is searchable and you can pick it up, but is invisible. 

Post patch I never had a decapitation to compare it to. I just could seem to make it happen. I don't know if DoD just wasn't doing the job, or if the patch wasn't working. 

Is there a better way to force a decapitation than this? 

Try this console command: set setdecapitationchance to 100

spawn some cultists: player.placeatme XX034fba XX is DB in your load order. Probably 07 if you have all DLC and unofficial patches.

EDIT: sorry wrong code, I put the right one in.

Tried this right now here are the results :

Without the fix (and with the beta unofficial patches) :

This is the extent of what pops out when you decapitate a cultist.

Yep it's just that bit of red goo.

With the fix :

Immediately upon loading the save I'm greeted by the same guy in the previous picture.

Cut another one for good measure.

For the record, I chopped down at least 10 other's cultists head and all had the same problem, but I'm faily sure this is enough for confirmation :P