Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

Still have yet to check out any 5.xx, but planning to soon. Lots of good options that I am sure will fit most users (including me). I will mostly be looking at fires, particles, skylighting and litesprites under various lighting and weathers and interiors/exteriors, as the rest of this ENB has historically been pretty right on ;)

hehe ;)

joking aside.. we really love your input, looking forward to it.

although i know lightsprites and pointlights maybe off. we did not get around to really tweak them yet, because we are still redefining tonemaps/colorcorrection and brightness and everything all the time, it never ends. and much to do in life. so it kind of got behind on those things. should be top of the list for the near future.

Totally understandable that you want to first address the lighting base, since that can drastically influence all of those little details. I gave up tweaking them due to the base changes you guys are making! (all for the better though, so keep up the good work and let us know when you are 98% done with that ;) ).

I am expecting Vividian to become quite popular (it kinda is already) :thumbsup:

Allright a new 2.30 is released with some groundbreaking new fixes. Really i cannot belive how long Climates of Tamriel bugs got unnoticed :D

Somehow, we dont know why, the CoT Water values where switched between night and day in every weather inside CoT itself.

As a result the Water turned to a ink blue / black soup at day and crystal clear at night.

Now this is fixed with the latest Weather patch so the water now matches with the vanilla water.

Please take care of the load order, it overwrites all CoT weathers! Extended Groudnfogs and Windy clouds had been made compatible.

There is also now a special edition for RCRN. Damn this mod is really nice.

also, a Special message from benhat:

"Hey all,i altered the lighting values of (Wearable)Lanterns and Torches again with the last release 5.30.I would be happy if some of you could give me some feedback.Especially Wearable Lanterns is a balance act, not to oversaturate interiors and take away those nice shadows.Also what settings do you use for Wearable Lanterns? (My prefernce is lightradius 400 set in skyui)Thanks for the feedback in advance."

Changelog:

- Fixed/Tweaked WeatherMods/Patches/LightingPresets, PLEASE REINSTALL (There is a WeatherPatch for ESS+SupremeStorms now too)- WeatherPatch updated: COT, Changed all Water Multipliers to Vanilla like Values, now Water is actually not black at daytime and not bright at night time.LOADORDER for WeatherPatch, BEFORE all other Vividian mods.- WeatherPatch updated: COT Imagesspaces added to Vividian Weather Patch, reduced saturation of some to better fit in.- RCRN support now got a own Special Edtion. If you are using RCRN please overwrite the main files with those from the Special Edition.- Some small changes to SSAO settings- Some small tonemap/CC changes- Sharpening reordered in effect.txt (looks a lot better now)- Dithering (SweetFX) added to effect.txt- Reworked some Weathers- New very Dense Fog Weather (COT)- Lightsprites,Fires,Particles adjusted a bit- Some small bloom changes- Fixed minor DoF bugs- Small fixes in Pure weather clear weathers

Edited by Mangaclub

Never noticed the water thing before tbh... probably because the change is consistent across ALL weathers, or at least most, hence it is simple to fix it. It is more the ton of other bugs only present on certain weathers that really annoyed. 

Nice new additions overall! I guess we should make some of these changes into the CoT Weatherpatch.... seems silly for you to have your patch already on top of other patches. CoT already have enough .esp as it is hehe! Guess I will have to talk to prod about that if you have not already done so. 

• 2 weeks later...

A new update is out with some Major changes (and tons of less tea available):

as you see, with 5.40 we introduced two seperate versions now. Vivid and Vanilla color version.We decided to split them up because at the moment we tryd to stay compatible with both coloring systems with all weathers but that keeps us in some kind of tweaking limits.

By splitting up we can refine all weathers more perfectly to each coloring situation. Although, the directory structure stays the same.Oh and Yes, Lens.fx IS 0 bytes large. We dont need it, saves computing time ;)

5.40New:- Added Support for Solstheim Climate Overhaul for Dragonborn (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33919/?)Be aware! There is Color and Spacewars Effects!- brought common sense in the weathers of Solstheim Climate Overhaul ;)- Massively overworked the sun. Added new sunglare and effects. REQUIRES the No Sunglare fix of the required files now, otherwise those glares overlap each other too much.Update:- Updated Extended Weathers to be compatible with Pure Weather 1.3- Updated Pure weather Edition weathers to fit with version 1.3- Update to Presets: Slighty brighter torch/wearable lanterns- Update to Weather Patch: Made waters a bit darker again, Less green in fog in snowstorms- Update to Brighter Editions- Updated sunsprite.fx to a more smaller coded version- Updated lens.fx to be empty by default as we don't use Lens effects (Dirt) by default. Saves some computing time.The full working lens.fx can be found in the optional files/Dirt- Updated all enbseries.ini files. Please update yours.Fix & Adjusts:- Fixed wrong Pointlight colors at night in the Pure Weather edition- Small adjustments in SSAO- Reworked Specular and Vegetation- Tuned down Ambient light in interiors slightly, in conjunction with other changes to fit the overall contrast visual- Some small Tonemap changes (and Contrastbloom/Gaussianbloom, DNI added)- Disabled Nighteye Noise for now, because of some code conflicts

Edited by Mangaclub

Sounds epic! 

I do just want to point out that you can simply disable the lens.fx by disabing lens in enbseries.ini in case you did not already know. 

Guess I should get around to updating my own ENB soon again with all these productive developments you guys are doing! :)  

thanks;) yes disbling lens also does the trick (wich he disabled by default), but i wanted also to get rid of the compilation of that file during startup of enb to save a bit of time. I also messed around quiet bad to disable the anamorphic lensflares back then wich even was visible when lens was deactivated (no idea , buggy stuff;)

I saw you also added pure weather support. dark nights arent they  ?:)

Anamorphic is most likely in your Bloom.fx file instead if you are using Kyo´s/matsos´s code. Lens file would have nothing to do with it. 

And yeah, I wrote laast that it would be nice if he someday would make his values 10, 10, 10 instead of 0,0,0 since that would at least make it possible to alter those values without messing up the visual look of he has, some nights are a bit too dark even on my calibrated monitor. But it also depends on texture choice and location, woods with green landscape textures are much darker then snow obviously. So overall I like his nights. 

The most annoying thing I have so far is his sun diversity, which requires a new set of weather files which I will hopefully get around to doing soon when I get in the mood again. So far I am just captureing feedback from the few people who use it and report stuff back. 

Anamorphic flares are a topic for itself in the development history. I found them in Sunsprite.fx, Lens.fx and bloom.fx and also there is a anamflare entry even in the DoF!. Took me a while to disable them all. Some added round anamflares, some peak anamflares...and the other anamflares where kind of glowy. There was also situations where i could not simply undefine anamflares, this would have made skyrim buggy. For example i need to leave the anamflares option to be enabled in the depth of field we actually use, otherwise transparent obects would get buggy, vanish or particles would be gone...what a mess :D

I think Laast added that kind of change to the nights already, as far as i remember i spotted a change in that when i updated the presets to version 1.3.

Well the flares themselves should be easy enough to isolate since they almost always have their own passes, if they do not then they at the very least have their own unique piece of code which can be removed without altering the rest... but yeah kyo files are tedious to go through since there is no standard, and no optimization, and it is all just one huge mess of visual goodness. 

Eventually I will get through them all, but code optimization takes time to get in the mood for, especially when it is not really a challenge... and just tedious. 

This is also part reason why I have made everything in my files into blocks instead... makes it infinitely easier to create new presets since you do not have to understand 2000 lines of code... but only like 20... unless you are a programmer who wants to know it all. Most are happy to know that saturation code... well saturates stuff. 

Will have to look at pw again soon... atm I am enjoying getting myself smashed in feudal Japan! Thanks for the update on it however! 

• 3 weeks later...

Well since my last Post was gone with the Database crash ill repost it :)

The new Vividian 5.46 includes a overworked enbsunsprite.fx file wich includes some magic that might be intresing for other enb authors too.

This sunsprite does not focus on lensflare effects but more on the sun glare itself. You now have the ability to recolor 6 parts of the sunsprite.tga file circlewise. Alternativley you can change the Intensity of those circles that way too, so you achive a corona effect that can fade out in colors. The other nice effect is the peak function, wich either changes the intensity of parts of the enbsunglare

depending on the view angle, or adds a sun peak wich is a small white line. Ofcourse everything setup via Gui- thanks to aiyen for the help :)

other changes:

- Added the possibility to change the focus point on the Photographic Depth of Field, that way you can focus objects that are not centered on your screen.- Redone Pure Weather Weathers. Raised the Night Brightness to the maximum possible amount without looking odd. Please still use the Brighter nights edition from Vividian and Pure weather unless you are a Doom3 Fan :D- Added "Super realtime Chromatic Intensity colour changes Sunsprite calculation"....and a flux compensator! Sunsprite can now be coloured in different colours and a peak calculation changes the intensity of various rays depending on the view angle.- optimized TimeofDay settings- Simplified the process of installing the Dirt version. Just copy enblens.fx in your skyrim directory.- lowered day Blacklevel in the Vivid version because of better colour transitions of the enb palette colouring.