VEGA Core: Vanilla Enhanced Gameplay Alternative (by Nearox)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, called PerMa. Go to the SkyRe nexus page, the sticky at the top has a link to his Facebook page that he's using to talk about it!

I'm waffling a bit on it, from what I'm reading it seems to be needlessly complicated. I think a lot of people don't realize that if you make something simple and elegant, it will be a lot more fun than something hugely complicated.

Oh, and also forgotten magic redone. I haven't played with that one yet (and have played with the others) , but it looks to have some really cool magic elements to it, and I find many of the spell additions in mods to kind of destroy the game after a short period of time by making things just a little too powerful.

It's not nearly as bad as SkyRe, I swear! Because SkyRe changed the stats on all armour and weapons, along with lots of other things, it ended up needing to be patched. 

To be THAT guy, I might suggest using smithing perk overhaul instead of the ACE smithing perk tree (I'm not as much a fan of it!)

ACE is very modular, so while it's technically an overhaul you don't need to install all aspects(and I wouldn't). the others just affect Perks , so shouldn't conflict with too much

Yh, I was about to ask krypto about that, thanks for the info :p What would you not install? (I've seen that there is a lot of built-in compatibility between these mods and they're still being supported so that's all good :p Only thing so far is there is no support for Lore Weapons Expansion in ACE <.>

We're doing your job for you Nearox! Unf

Hmmm....I don't play with that (just immersive weapons and immersive armour), so I didn't know about that incompatibility.

I'd actually swap ACE before the others, but I haven't found a combat perk overhaul that I'd be ok with. Most Combat overhauls fix Light and Heavy armour (making like harder to maximize than heavy), and fix the combat perks so they're more effective. If there's another that does those two things, I'd sign up for it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.