VEGA Core: Vanilla Enhanced Gameplay Alternative (by Nearox)

Yep the beta is perfectly stable and won't break your save. In fact a release version of EFF should be out soon, with just some minor changes.

I don't know about translated versions of mods and how they work with the reproccer tbh. If I had to guess, I think your mother tongue is French (sorry if I'm wrong) so try to find something with that as keyword on the forum thread of the Skyre, Reprocer or any of the compatiblity patch mods comment sections at the Nexus.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i am french, and i alredy post on Skyre forum and some other and ofc,the traduction web site. I posted there cause maybe somone can give me some info :)

CJ2311 mark a point, EFF message Box is eally great, and i really want see this in AFT one day (but probably never happen).

When i ask you why you prefer EFF than AFT, i hope more detail for you'r choice. Or just explain what is wrong with AFT , just to understand and maybe change my mind and have a better experience in Skyrim of course ;)

I am on steam, you're the one who's offline D:

@vargas : Do you plan on using any follower mods? If so I recommend not using AFT as it tends not to like those (can't dismiss followers, cant tell them to wait, problems like that). Other than that, there's no problems with AFT. It really comes down to personal preference.

I want to decrease the PCLevelSkillExpMults for the Wayfarer and Alchemy skills.

How do you set the skill multipliers in the Elys Uncapper for SkyRe skill trees such as Wayfaring and Fingersmith?

I suppose they are Lockpicking and Pickpocket but which is which?

-nevermind i found it in the SkyRe documentation. Lockpicking is Wayfarer and Pickpocket is Fingersmith.

I am using Step Core and VEGA Core with the SIC+HLE combo without RotE, with Realistic Needs and Diseases and some extra smaller mods. So far the game runs great but leveling seems very quick and normal enemies like wolves die in 1 hit, bandits in 3-4 shots from a bow, while some other enemies are very tough like the Hired Thugs.

I am going to decrease all the PCLevelSkillExpMults by 0.1 and Lockpicking and Alchemy by 0.2. Think that will make a difference?

I am using Step Core and VEGA Core with the SIC+HLE combo without RotE, with Realistic Needs and Diseases and some extra smaller mods. So far the game runs great but leveling seems very quick and normal enemies like wolves die in 1 hit, bandits in 3-4 shots from a bow, while some other enemies are very tough like the Hired Thugs.

If you read in the SkyRe documentation some more (probably at the beginning or around the weapons/armor sections), you'll find that all of the weapon and armor values were tweaked quite heavily, especially damage values for weapons.  

To quote T3nd0 (from his SkyRe guide - very good read, btw):

"You’ll immediately notice that armor values are considerably higher in SkyRe. This should make sure that different tiers of armor material and the light/heavy types actually make a noticeable difference in protection.  All weapons have something in common, however: They are a lot more deadly than they used to be. In my opinion, It shouldn’t take 20 unblocked iron axe swings to kill an unarmored beggar. So prepare to kill faster and be killed faster."

All that to say...you SHOULD kill baddies faster, because all of your weapons are much more deadly, and enemy health levels are tweaked to make combat more realistic.  However, the higher-level baddies should have more health, more armor, and better weapons, making them MUCH more dangerous. So it's a bit of a trade-off:  weak creatures die quickly, but stronger creatures are going to be much more a threat as opposed to just being a more durable punching bag.

EDIT:  

Nearox: Any update on your...update to VEGA? I'm in the process of getting my game installed with STEP, and this is the Pack I'm watching with the most anticipation.  Also, in your title post, you removed the Autosave Manager - any reason for that?

• 4 weeks later...

Nearox isn't gone just has other projects e.g. Explorer's guide to Skyrim, also in Packs. I suspect that SkyRe is becoming too difficult to get to work what with all the changes and of course the new SkyRe (not called that) is in development so abandoned because as the mod "sort of" is.

::):

Well I mostly lost interest in SkyRe.

Moreover, as described in previous posts in this thread, it is now easier to make the combat more challenging and to fit in SkyRe's perks with SIC/HLE/Enemy AI than ever before because the author of SIC has taken up the task to integrate HLE and Enhanced Enemy AI. He did it far better than I ever could.

The only thing left would be to make SyRe's perks (if you use only the main module) and leveling system compatible with them which could be a chore... I'm just not motivated to do that anymore.

And REGS is much more exciting to me :P

Edited by Nearox

To add in my two cents, with SIC/HLE/Enemy AI , perhaps with a perk overhaul or two and a combat overhaul, it really does duplicate SkyRe without a lot of the patching issues. 

I played SkyRe a lot, and am looking forward to the new version later on this year, but I don't think it's nearly as necessary as it once was!

Also, +1 on the REGS! That seems SO much more complex , but definitely appreciate all your work on it so far!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.