VEGA Core: Vanilla Enhanced Gameplay Alternative (by Nearox)

I can confirm that my weather pack seems to work flawlessly with this pack. I have reached level 21 with numerous quests on the go and very many battles in heavy areas - no CTDs or ILS so far. Which is good going. Also using my Survival pack (not RND) and a few others all installed after the Vega Core pack, which in turn is installed after CORE STEP. Have added a couple of interface mods from STEP Extended as well as dual wield parrying and associated mods and Alternate Start. I also have Sands of Time running smoothly along side.

Next looking to add DCO and CWO. I will likely leave the latter until I need to do the civil war. None of these mods required any extra patching though it is possible that such might be worthwhile in the long run. I am running textures at 1024 max - you can hardly notice this with an ENB running with full effects the game looks great.

I only point this out because the combined efforts of people on this forum are getting there as far as getting a heavily modded Skyrim working consistently well - which is fantastic IMO.

:)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nearox,it's me again. :p I have another mod to suggest. Forgotten Magic Redone https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35339/?

The best part of is that it comes with a SkyRe patch!

Edit : Also, will you replace ASG with smart souls?

One major issue I have with FMR is that is has its own spell levelling system. I don;t know if the SkyRe patch means that the spell strengths are now influenced by SkyRe perks but still use the levelling system of FMR, OR that the spells are now only influenced by SkyRe and do not use the system by FMR. Moreover, the FMR system means that you must use a certain spell a lot before it ebcomes powerful. While it may be slightly more realistic, it essentialyl means that most people are going to have less choice at high level, thereby not optimally using all the spells of the mod.

I will need to investigate it more though. The plan is to add 1 spell package to VEGA, and at the moment I lean very strongly towards apocalypse.

I can confirm that my weather pack seems to work flawlessly with this pack. I have reached level 21 with numerous quests on the go and very many battles in heavy areas - no CTDs or ILS so far. Which is good going. Also using my Survival pack (not RND) and a few others all installed after the Vega Core pack, which in turn is installed after CORE STEP. Have added a couple of interface mods from STEP Extended as well as dual wield parrying and associated mods and Alternate Start. I also have Sands of Time running smoothly along side.

Next looking to add DCO and CWO. I will likely leave the latter until I need to do the civil war. None of these mods required any extra patching though it is possible that such might be worthwhile in the long run. I am running textures at 1024 max - you can hardly notice this with an ENB running with full effects the game looks great.

I only point this out because the combined efforts of people on this forum are getting there as far as getting a heavily modded Skyrim working consistently well - which is fantastic IMO.

:)

Hey, thanks Smile for trying the combo out. I've actually been using your lighting pack in my own heavy modded skyrim and it works absolutely fantastic :) So no reason it won't work with vega + step :P. 

I'm concerned that qotsafan's stats.xml is outdated. His last update was on the 2nd of August. Tendo has updated the reproccer 3 times since that date. 2.3(12 August), 2.4(13 August) and 2.5(10 October).

Did you check the stats.xml file to confirm if ReProccer updates changed anything in the file?

I'm concerned that qotsafan's stats.xml is outdated. His last update was on the 2nd of August. Tendo has updated the reproccer 3 times since that date. 2.3(12 August)' date=' 2.4(13 August) and 2.5(10 October).[/quote']

Did you check the stats.xml file to confirm if ReProccer updates changed anything in the file?

TBH, no but if you check when they were last modified you'll see there's a difference. qotsafan's stats.xml 2013-8-02 and tendo's 2013-8-12. I don't know I may be wrong.

Ok, so I did a comparison among three files, stats.xml 2.2, stats.xml 2.5 and stats.xml from qotsafan.

2.3, 2.4 and 2.5 are identical so no changes among them.

2.2 and 2.5 have differences. Differences that exist in qotsafan's xml, too.

1)

2.2 and qot's:

2.5:

2)

2.2 and qot's:

2.5:

3)

2.2 and qot's miss these lines while 2.5 has them:

Radac

Necrolyte

Necrowitch

Astrid

Greybeard

Moth Priest

Nocturnal

Azura

NOTICE:

These lines can't just be pasted in qot's xml. They need editing. I say this because the other dreamcloth exclusion lines that exist in all three files are different in qot's xml.

4)

2.2 and qot's miss this line while 2.5 has it:

Ballista

5)

2.2 and qot's have this line while 2.5 doesn't have it:

brokenmod.esp

1) and 2): Both look to be rebalancing changes. Merge those changes.

3) I think that can be safely added into Qot's xml. Probably should ask him about the new dreamcloth stuff too.

4) Again, can be merged. (That was a change from Reproccer 2.1, I think)

5) Doesn't need to be merged, pro bally a dummy line.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.