VEGA Core: Vanilla Enhanced Gameplay Alternative (by Nearox)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya!

How about a little love for Supernatural AI - Vampires and Monsters? The mod is developing very rapidly right now, which makes it difficult to patch for compatibility - but it has some very interesting stuff going on. (The vampire bat spell is particularly neat: If you get in too close to a vamp and start overpowering it in melee, it will re-materialize somewhere else ... )

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/38370/?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there !

First, I want to thank all of you for provided us pack. It helps a much when wondering about compatibility betwen mods.

I'm trying to (re)install Skyrim from scratch. Think my last game was one year ago, reduiem-based, much too hard and, I think, a bit overmodded...

For now, I think i'll instal VEGA + Survival (the "simple one") + weather and lignthning packs.

If i understand everything written above, it seems to works together. I am right ?

Do you think that adding the "War Ensemble" Pack is a bit too much ? My computer is not that old, but surely no Hi-End stuff...

Then, I have a question about Nearox's choices in the SkyRe modules. Why don't you pick Encounter Zones or Survivalism modules ? Is there some incompatibilities ?

Hope that your knowledge will help :).

Thanks.

PS : Excuse me for my english.

Sorry folks, I've been working abroad for quite some time now with shitty internet connection (got 5gb of 3g internet usb stick a month... damn Greece is backward in this respect) and a laptop ill suited for games newer than Red Alert 2... 

Not sure when I will be sent back home (netherlands), but the way it looks like now it will be 2 or 3 weeks. 

EDIT: Rootsrat I'll also look at your patch by then :)

Sorry folks, I've been working abroad for quite some time now with shitty internet connection (got 5gb of 3g internet usb stick a month... damn Greece is backward in this respect) and a laptop ill suited for games newer than Red Alert 2... 

Not sure when I will be sent back home (netherlands), but the way it looks like now it will be 2 or 3 weeks. 

EDIT: Rootsrat I'll also look at your patch by then :)

No way!!!!You are in Greece??!! I'm Greek! I live in Athens!! Where do you stay?? I wonder what's your job that sent you here.. :p BTW, about the Internet you're right. We're a little bit behind.
  • 1 month later...

Hello Nearox

I'm not sure if I should post this here or elsewhere. But when I tried to download your patch I get the following error "FORBIDDEN You don't have permission to access /RBcVU/Patch-Nearox-Overhaul-STEP-Core.esp on this server."

Not sure why that is. Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

I recently came back to modding. However at the moment there is just too much excitement with regards to the new memory patch.

Before I update the VEGA Core pack again, I'll explore the new possibilities opened up by the patch ánd I will wait for step 2.2.8 regardless. In addition, I am really liking the way SRLE looks at the moment so fiddling around a bit with that as well.

In the meantime, just a note that may be helpful to some of you who want to (continue) use VEGA: 

- The author of SIC has built in RotE compatibility since version 6.51. 

- The author of SIC has made it carry over the functionality of HLE. See this link https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24913/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D24913%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D1338389&pUp=1

What this means is that you can simply disable SkyRe enemy scaling and not use my (outdated anyways) patch for now. 90% of the patch was related to SkyRe-RotE-HLE. The rest was related to STEP:Core. STEP now has a core patch which has largely similar patching contents compared to my old patch, and then the step team added quite some more. 

• 2 weeks later...

Installing VEGA

Regarding your patch

"Open Boss Userlist Manager. Select ‘Patch Nearox Overhaul - STEP Core.esp. Click the AFTER selection box and select BOTTOM. In the empty field next to it, type: Compatibility Patches. Click [save rule]. Close BUM and save changes when asked."

I'm an idiot. Can I have better directions please? I open BUM. Then how do I "select" patch nearox overhaul? I don't see a select button.

Directions for dummies please. Thanks.

P.S. It seems from your last post that I shouldn't even bother with your patch?

1) You select the patch in the left pane. The patch name should have a red look. Make sure the patch is in the overwrite folder of MO.

2) The patch is outdated by now and I am currently not working on a new one, sorry. However as explained in the above post, approximately 90% of the patch was concerned with SkyRe-SIC-HLE compatibility and the other fixes are now in the patch for STEP 2.2.8. Using the new patches of SIC should be sufficient for a proper playthrough. Please report on your findings :)

@varrgas: EFF (beta) >>>>>>>>> AFT. Point made :)

@Blackice: Yes that should be no issues. YOu are strongly recommended to use the STEP Core patch.

Beware that you have some SkyRe conflicts to fix. If you dont they prob wont cause CTDs (dont take my word for it thouh) but you may see inconsistencies in your playthrough. 

When installing SIC, do check the compatiblity option in the installer for RotE. 

After that, you gonna have to to open tes5edit and check for SIC-HLE-RotE-SkyRe conflicts

But EFF v4 is in BETA, is it enought Stable ? cause i use many mod and doesn't want to break my save.

BTW, i will use SkyRE with al lyour pack, but my version of SkyRE, even if that the same version as original, will be translated for my language. With all the Reproccess patch etc, can i loose my traduction ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.