Weather and Lighting (by Smile44)

MO does show the esm in the data tab as well as all cot realated esp's. Not sure what u mean by repackage. Click re-install? I did the loose version. Loose version bad?

Thanks for your help btw

Basically, all I did was open the file in explorer, delete the interior files and the night files (since I don't use those), I made a data folder and made sure the main files were in there. I also made sure the .esm was in there. I reinstalled with MO and my problem went away. I believe the esm is in a separate folder NOT named data, and that was the problem. 

Also, does anyone know if ESS is safe to use with AOS. I remember it had a ton of issues with SoS. Also, does it need a patch to work with CoT-Sounds?

I use them both AoS and ESS I have not had a noticable problem with them, but there is a small clash in one file one region to be exact to do with chance, so easily patched just use the file from ESS then copy over the mismatches from AoS. (not sure if that is necessary though.

:)

I use them both AoS and ESS I have not had a noticable problem with them, but there is a small clash in one file one region to be exact to do with chance, so easily patched just use the file from ESS then copy over the mismatches from AoS. (not sure if that is necessary though.

Which region was it? And does the conflict cause an AoS to not be played or does it change the occurance of an ESS storm? I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Are you also saying to alter the .esp from ESS by just copying over the correct value from AoS? Also, does ESS conflict with CoT-Sounds at all?

I don't know, it is possible but as I am not using CoT sounds I will have to install the mod then open it up with all relevant esp files - I do not think it is important because it just alters the chance of a weather type happening in one area, which would be utterly negligible in game. I will get around to it and have a look for you but can't give you an ETA. You could always have a look your self. Open up the ESS file in TES5Edit and see where it clashes, make sure you have all AOS and CoT - sounds files selected when you run TES5Edit. You should then be able to see where there are clashes by expanding regions and then each file until you find conflicting files (in red) then decide if that is something you want to patch i.e. bringing a file or change from the left into a new patch file which would appear on the far right.

I don't know, it is possible but as I am not using CoT sounds I will have to install the mod then open it up with all relevant esp files - I do not think it is important because it just alters the chance of a weather type happening in one area, which would be utterly negligible in game. I will get around to it and have a look for you but can't give you an ETA. You could always have a look your self. Open up the ESS file in TES5Edit and see where it clashes, make sure you have all AOS and CoT - sounds files selected when you run TES5Edit. You should then be able to see where there are clashes by expanding regions and then each file until you find conflicting files (in red) then decide if that is something you want to patch i.e. bringing a file or change from the left into a new patch file which would appear on the far right.

Kk. If i drag a file to match up with the last mod loaded, that just alters that .esp, right? Does it create a new patch file?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.