Weather and Lighting (by Smile44)

Smile, you should really take a look at this Snow mod by Yuril. I think it blows HQ Snow out of the water, which I never thought I'd say. If you want to include it in your pack, we need to figure out whether or not we would use the Weather Patch -40 or -10. Also, which version of this mod we want to use (regular or dark version).

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49011/?

Check it out. I've never seen a snow retexture mod get that 'clumpy' snow look right.

I don't know, it is possible but as I am not using CoT sounds I will have to install the mod then open it up with all relevant esp files - I do not think it is important because it just alters the chance of a weather type happening in one area, which would be utterly negligible in game. I will get around to it and have a look for you but can't give you an ETA. You could always have a look your self. Open up the ESS file in TES5Edit and see where it clashes, make sure you have all AOS and CoT - sounds files selected when you run TES5Edit. You should then be able to see where there are clashes by expanding regions and then each file until you find conflicting files (in red) then decide if that is something you want to patch i.e. bringing a file or change from the left into a new patch file which would appear on the far right.

:)

Kk. If i drag a file to match up with the last mod loaded, that just alters that .esp, right? Does it create a new patch file?
You have to right click the file that you want and select copy as override then select new file, give it a super snazzy name, then click OK and it will appear on the far right. You can then add things that you want to keep from other files by dragging them to the new patch file. Once again though I really dont think it is necessary.

P.S I have had a look at this snow, will need to see if the game can handle 4K textures or weather the 2K is as good. Certainly looks good.

I don't know, it is possible but as I am not using CoT sounds I will have to install the mod then open it up with all relevant esp files - I do not think it is important because it just alters the chance of a weather type happening in one area, which would be utterly negligible in game. I will get around to it and have a look for you but can't give you an ETA. You could always have a look your self. Open up the ESS file in TES5Edit and see where it clashes, make sure you have all AOS and CoT - sounds files selected when you run TES5Edit. You should then be able to see where there are clashes by expanding regions and then each file until you find conflicting files (in red) then decide if that is something you want to patch i.e. bringing a file or change from the left into a new patch file which would appear on the far right.

Kk. If i drag a file to match up with the last mod loaded, that just alters that .esp, right? Does it create a new patch file?
You have to right click the file that you want and select copy as override then select new file, give it a super snazzy name, then click OK and it will appear on the far right. You can then add things that you want to keep from other files by dragging them to the new patch file. Once again though I really dont think it is necessary.

P.S I have had a look at this snow, will need to see if the game can handle 4K textures or weather the 2K is as good. Certainly looks good.

I'm personally going to use the 4k when I get home tomorrow to test. I have a 4gb VRAM card though. I'm sure 2k is fine. I just wanted to see if you were aware in case you missed the thread. I really think this is an impressive-looking mod. 

Hello

Just finished STEP Core install with some extended mods and weather lighting packs. One thing that I have noticed is that COT does not seem to be working correctly. It appears as though I'm stuck with vanilla weather patterns, which will change but no COT. Is there a way to console command test COT? Any other ideas? Thanks.

Thanks Smile

Here it is!

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Dawnguard.esm

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

HearthFires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

Brawl Bugs CE.esp

Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp

ADS.esp

AOS.esp

BWS.esp

DragonShoutVoice.esp

IHSS.esp

Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp

StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp

TradeBarter.esp

Ars Metallica.esp

Ars Metallica - Dawnguard.esp

Ars Metallica - Hearthfire.esp

Ars Metallica - Dragonborn.esp

Auto Unequip Ammo.esp

ClamsDropPearls.esp

Dead Body Collision.esp

fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp

Moss Rocks.esp

Moss Rocks_DB.esp

ORM-Arvak.esp

PilgrimsDelight.esp

Point The Way.esp

Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp

SkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.esp

Traps Make Noise.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

SkyUI.esp

iHUD.esp

SaveHotKeyMCM.esp

ArmorOfIntrigue.esp

Cloaks.esp

Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp

1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp

Elemental Staves.esp

ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp

Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp

Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

Immersive Weapons.esp

Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp

imp_helm.esp

imp_helm_imp.esp

imp_helm_dawn.esp

imp_help_dbrn.esp

imp_guard_helm.esp

ISD_DragonspearCraft.esp

ElysiumEstate.esp

ElysiumEstate-DG.esp

ElysiumEstate-HF.esp

ElysiumEstate-DB.esp

Gildergreen Regrown.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp

When Vampires Attack.esp

The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp

Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp

Book Covers Skyrim.esp

Distant DetailHF.esp

DiversePriests.esp

Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp

Rebirth Monster.esp

Soul Gems Differ - E.esp

aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp

WhiterunAlivePiano.esp

DawnofWindhelm.esp

DawnofRiften.esp

RealisticRoomRental.esp

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

ELFX - Exteriors.esp

ELFX - Dawnguard.esp

ELFX - Dragonborn.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.esp

ELFXEnhancer.esp

Realistic Nights NightEyePredatorVision.esp

RealisticNights torches magic lights.esp

RealisticNights+COT+DB+DG.esp

RealisticNights-COTWPpatch.esp

ABT - Faster Bolts Improved +50%.esp

ABT - Faster Arrows Improved +50%.esp

dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp

Beards.esp

Brows.esp

3DNPC.esp

RRR_3DNPC-Patch.esp

SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp

moveitLWT.esp

NonEssentialChildren.esp

DawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.esp

SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp

RealisticWaterTwo.esp

RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp

STEP Core Patch.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

I can help with this I think. I had a problem with installing CoT with Mod Organizer where the sky was all messed up. Basically, the problem is that the .esm file is in a folder labeled "main file" or something instead of under a "data" folder. Even though MO still installed the ESM, it didnt' interact with the correct textures or something. Basically what it came down to was restructuring the entire file manually and re-zipping it. I suggest you do that and see if your problem is solved.

Smile

All esp's and esm are active.

DoYouEvenModBro

I checked the MO Data tab and it looks like ClimatesofTamriel.esm is loading in the appropriate location.

I know and I said MO would still show it, but still try to re-structure the mod under one data folder and make sure the esm is in the data folder. 

Also, how do you know that CoT isn't working? I can barely even tell the difference with that mod to be honest. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.