Weather and Lighting (by Smile44)

Revamped exterior fogs do look great but they are included in the weather patch so not needed. Morning fogs is worth having though. You can still use revamped Ext. if you load it after The Cot WP. But if you are short of plugin room then don't use it as it as not needed.

::):

• 2 months later...

In the order shown on the table. The point of packs is that can be installed after STEP CORE. otherwise you could put them into 2G Landscape and Environment using alphabetical ordering as STEP does, As long as the order shown in the table on the pack page is kept.

Edited by Smile44
  • 1 month later...

Yes that is correct. When it comes to following SR:LE or the guide on the Vividian web page then just go ahead. ESS and SS and pure weather can also be added in to the mix if following Vividian, either way it all works well.

Edited by Smile44

Excellent.   I saw you are running Pure Weather too with CoT.   It seems that on Pure Weather's page that they're not compatible.   I assume you have had no problems or is there some patching someplace that needs to be done.   What does Pureweather bring that CoT doesn't ?  

Edited by Quahogs

This is due to patches that come with Vividian ENB. Basically you add in Pure weather to the mix, then while installing Vividian where the options imply a PW one you select it, except for those that require the PW Brighter nights options (unless you want the brighter nights option but why would you?).

It's all fairly self explanatory and since all you need to know is shown on the Vividian ENB page on the nexus I don't need to add it to my guide page I only point you in the direction. I use CoT, PW, ESS, SS, SoR and Vividian and this is a great combo. I am also trying out Real Shelter, which is dead easy to install.

• 1 month later...

Is there a reason why, with Vividians ENB enabled that the morning fogs are barely visible? They turn into a lightly hazy brownish fog, when I turn the ENB off they are hazy and white like the pictures.

Also my snow/weathers doesn't seem to be working on Bleak Falls Barrow. I followed the load order in the guide, I will do some experimenting and search this thread for solutions in the mean time.

Okay quick edit. I swapped the order of Vividan - Weather Patch CoT - ESS + SS and Vividan - Weather Patch Vanilla and now the weathers work. Forgot to check the morning fog however.

Also, is there a combination of the listed mods that will work with Vividan ENB for darker nights? As I am toying with the mods, I have noticed sometimes the game is dark and sometimes not already. I am not sure if its when the stars/moon are hidden or if some combo of turning something off is trigger darker night.

I did Step Core + COT, ESS - COT, ESS CoT DG Patch, Morning Fogs, Quality Snow Flakes, Realistic Sun for ENB, Splash of rain, SS for CoT, ELFX, Vividian Vivid ENB.

Edited by timaishu

The thing is with Vividian is that there are instructions on that page for making it work with all of those mods. I saw no sense in repeating his instructions. If using vividian then I would follow those instructions rather than mine. More and more ENBs are making themselves compatible with a range of mods but few have done as much as Manga including making the CoT Weather Patch by prod80 obsolete. But if trying my weather pack then I recommend using RealVision (or similar) with Darker Nights as shown on the pack page.

I ended up using Realistic Nights and was able to get the immersion I was looking for.

Only part I was confused about was it said it had to have prod80's weather patch. I wasn't sure if the built in one in vividian was the same or not. But if I install RS, it says there is a missing master, so I installed prod80's weather patch and disabled vividans. It seems to be working fine.

Edited by timaishu

Yes that is the gist of what I was saying, if you want darker nights then I would not use vividian. I am still looking at how to get what I want with vividian but I will probably return more faithfully to this pack as it allows me to get what i want more completely and of course these plugins can generally still be merged.

Yes that is the gist of what I was saying, if you want darker nights then I would not use vividian. I am still looking at how to get what I want with vividian but I will probably return more faithfully to this pack as it allows me to get what i want more completely and of course these plugins can generally still be merged.

Thanks for the realvision enb recommendation. I really like it along with my combo of mods mentioned earlier. Overall it seems to be a much brighter mod during the day. Vivendi seems like its always overcast with how the ground is lit. I cant decide which I like better. The water in realvision looks amazing, but I cant decide if it looks more real compared to vivendi, vivendis water color is better imo. I am using the water 2 enb.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, I remember this pack from awhile back and I think I may have a few ideas that you may be interested in.

First of all how do you feel about different paths. Like a cot section, pure weathers section and a merged section.

Also, I think I may be able to assist in adding merging instructions to greatly reduce the plugin count.

Do mind if I give some new things a shot or would you like me to explain it out here?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.