Weather and Lighting (by Smile44)

Okay so I visited the REALVision ENB site and SkyrimTuner had a recommendation to force a COT weather...

I used the following console command

fw 0A02d46e (the 0A in the beginning was based of the MO load order)

I was able to produce a beautiful COT weather so I'm assuming the weather patterns are loading correctly or the console would not have been able to find that specific COT weather.

Maybe it really is all in my mind but I just feel like the weather is automatically stuck on vanilla. Weird.

Just because the forms for the weather is actually there, does not mean that they load. For that you need to verify in tes5edit that the regions actually include CoT weathers. Just like you can call a dawnguard soul cairn weather in riverwood... this does not mean that it would ever happen on its own.

You can get the guide on Skylight ENB´s page, it contain a section on how to do this.

• 1 month later...

Hey Smile44 it's pretty awesome your recommended setup is almost identical to the one I use.

I use RLO with CoT because I use RealVision ENB.

I never tried Morning Fog but I will now.

I see you use to use Real Rain but cut it, I was wondering why because I'm thinking of still using it.

In regards to CoT Sounds and AOS2 there is a patch available now. Do you recommend using both and the patch, or not using CoT sounds at all?

Most importantly I wanted your take on Real Clouds. When it first came out it was buggy, but the new updated version seems to work pretty well. I was considering running it at the bottom of your guide list.

What do you think about that? Have you toyed with Real Clouds at all? Would you anticipate any conflicts from the addition?

Edited by Vulgar1

I cut it because the CoT Weather Patch also does rain so it makes the rain mod redundant that said, the rain is heavier with the Real Rain mod (not a lot but definitely a bit heavier) so if you load Real Rain after the CoT Weather Patch plugins then you should be OK, I was doing that till I realised that I was duplicating the same effect.

I tried Real Clouds when it was buggy but not since, I guess I will give it a try, but I have heard that it still has some bugs. The only specific conflicts it may have would be to different weather events in CoT and possibly some ENB presets but that is just guessing. I'm sure it would look great but whether want it in my game is another question. I have been using Serenity lately instead of this pack to see how it matches up (much better for plugin count). Not sure that it does but still testing. Right now I am focussed on trying to get gameplay just how I want it. Quite a challenge that one.

::):

Cool, I've got another one for you (sorry), RealisticNights+COT+DB+DG.esp is red in Wrye Bash when I go to make a bashed patch. It is showing it can't find CoT, Dragonborn, and Dawnguard masters. I have it loaded after the last CoT weather patch. It doesn't really make sense. Do you think I can just ignore it or do you know why it might be doing that?

Load order my friend or you don't have the relevant masters. Do you have all the DLCs and Climates of Tamriel ionstalled? Silly question really, I guess you do but the other reason could be load order. The Realistic nights plugin needs to be after any and all other lighting  / weather plugins. Failing that post your load order and I'll have a quick look to see what else might be interfering.

I had that problem initially too. I fixed it by putting in a specific rule via Boss Userlist Manager. 

Yup! That's what it's for. Because everyone uses different lighting mods and set-ups I have not added specific instructions for changing the load order in BOSS, but if I were to do that it would look something like this.

ClimatesOfTamriel.esm...ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espSupreme Storms - Cot Version.esp

ExpandedSnowSystems-CoT.espCoT-WeatherPatch.espCoT-WeatherPatch_DB.espCoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-xx.esp //Snow brightness adjustment (optional)CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.espCoT-WeatherPatch_ESS.espRealisticNights+COT+DB+DG.esp

RealisticNights-COTWP-SS-ESSpatch.esp

Realistic Nights NightEyePredatorVision.esp

RealisticNights torches magic lights.esp

Edit: Now that I am getting familiar with merging mods I may stick all this back together in my load order and merge the hell out of these mods, a possibility of getting all of this down to three plugins. I am using Serenity ENB at present which also does all the weather but has no plugins.

Edited by Smile44

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.