Falskaar

Neovalen

This mod is really awesome. Can't say a lot about the main questline (more of the explorer anyways), but I've went through a dungeon and it took me HOURS to complete it. Not kidding. Most of the stuff in the dungeon was entirely unique from what I've seen playing Skyrim (I think I've visited all locations there). The best is, it's just a miscellaneous dungeon.

I'ld say from the feeling it doesn't quite meet my "WOW!" effect when I'ld seen Blackreach for the first time, but it gets really close.

Really, an astonishing work.

• 2 weeks later...

This mod is really awesome. Can't say a lot about the main questline (more of the explorer anyways), but I've went through a dungeon and it took me HOURS to complete it. Not kidding. Most of the stuff in the dungeon was entirely unique from what I've seen playing Skyrim (I think I've visited all locations there). The best is, it's just a miscellaneous dungeon.

I'ld say from the feeling it doesn't quite meet my "WOW!" effect when I'ld seen Blackreach for the first time, but it gets really close.

Really, an astonishing work.

I am trying out Falskaar now, looking very fine indeed.  Oddly I explored Blackreach for the first time a couple of days ago, go figure, and I found it extremely dull and a lazy piece of level design.  Nothing to do but an Easter Egg hunt.  eek.

Does it really deliver on the promise of 'feeling like an official DLC'?

From watching Gopher's Let's Play, I'd say it definitely has a DLC feel to it, however, the storyline doesn't appear to be as epic as the official DLC expansions.  So far, you being Dragonborn hasn't come into play as part of the plot, but we'll see.

One thing to note, which Gopher found out, is that using the Assault option on Deadly Dragons is incompatible.  Dragons in Falskaar tend to ignore the laws of nature and fly through the ground like it was air.  This is similar to other areas like Blackreach.  So if you use Deadly Dragons, turn Assault off before venturing to Falskaar.  Gopher completely removed it, which was unnecessary in my opinion.