Solstheim landscape and furniture (by Langely)

WilliamImm

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31591/?

You see, STEP has a very severe lack of mods that cover Solstheim (well, except for Serious HD, but it only covers the ash textures). This mod, along with Telvanni Reborn, attempt to fix the bleugh textures of the new landscape. And by the divines, from the screenshots, this looks REALLY good. In fact, it really looks like Skyrim Realistic Overhaul for Solstheim. (compare this screenshot to this one and you'll see what I'm talking about)

Not as comprehensive yet as SRO - only covers landscape and furniture (it already completely overwrites Serious HD's Dragonborn textures, however). One conflict with Telvanni Reborn (darkelffurniture01.dds and normal)... but I'm liking it so far. I'm currently using the main file, as well as the optionals for the doors and the Thrisk woodcarvings.

Important Note: Folded into Langely's Texture Workshop, as the Dragonborn DLC optional file. Testing for this will be done in the Workshop thread instead.

Mod Testing:

• Compares vs vanilla, Serious HD, and Telvanni Reborn.

Michaelrw Compares:

Vanilla-No STEP >> Core-STEP active >> Core-Step plus Langley Solstheim

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

STEP >> STEP + Langley's Solstheim

Posted Image Posted Image

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i got dibs on Thirsk Mead Hall. Im going to get compares for that tonight. A large number of the textures are for that location.

I may also be able to get general landscape shots, but someone else can get those if they want

(one thing to note though is that SeriousHD Landscape now covers most of the landscape-related textures found on solstheim. So compares should include SeriousHD if im not mistaken)

Here are compares for the Thirsk Mead Hall textures that are represented in langley's Solstheim Landscape and Furniture mod. There are only a few differences, but they exist.

The 2nd set is a close-up of some of the wood areas that are difficult to see in detail in the 1st set. The "Vanilla-No STEP" shots are taken with HRDLC + USKP active. "Core-STEP active" is all of the core STEP mods. "Core-Step plus Langley Solstheim" is self-explanatory ;)  (i hope)

Vanilla-No STEP      >>      Core-STEP active        >>    Core-Step plus Langley Solstheim

Posted Image  Posted Image ______ Posted Image

Vanilla-No STEP      >>      Core-STEP active        >>    Core-Step plus Langley Solstheim

Posted Image  Posted Image ______ Posted Image

To be fair, the wood that has the carving on it that runs vertically along the walls (what i tried to get close-up shots of for the 2nd set) looks a lot better in-game, IMO. Its a little better if you view the full size image by right-clicking them and choosing 'open in new tab' (for Chrome) or 'view image' (for Firefox). Im going to go back into the game now and see if I can find a third compare, even though it might be overkill :D

IMHO, the winner is Langley's. Vanilla looks too pixilated (look at the third compare, and you'll see what I mean).

We still need some furniture and landscape shots. Oh, and you might as well do compares for Telvanni Reborn.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

i tend to agree with william. this is because ive seen them in-game and, while they are smoothed out a little bit compared to HRDLC, they do look quite a bit more detailed. Of course this is only my opinion as well. I will upload some landscape compares next and we'll see.