Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds (by Cliffworms)

WilliamImm

Discussion thread:
Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds by Cliffworms
Wiki Link

115 new sound effects for the wilderness areas, including animal sounds (depending on which area you are in), sounds of rain on tents, rustling bushes, and calm water-washing noises.

I have not tired any of the Sounds series yet (mostly because I missed the chance to download them), but they look really appealing and meant for STEP.

Accepted for STEP v2.2.6

Mod Testing

--Thanks WilliamImm, Neovalen + SR users and Eliian for confirmation of this and all of the SOS mods

•  
    • Check for any conflicts of note with other STEP mods.
    • Play with the mod installed for a period of time and see if any unexpected issues come up because of this mod.

•  
  • Dropped in 2.2.8 in favor of Audio Overhaul for Skyrim.

•  

I used the original version of this previously and I never had problems with the first two Sounds of Skyrim mods. The biggest issue for me was the lack of compatibility with Climates of Tamriel; my solution then was to use another weather mod. Since CoT is in the Skyrim Revisited list, I wonder whether there is a straightforward fix for this incompatibility using TES5Edit or if it is more fundamental in the CoT implementation?

I used the original version of this previously and I never had problems with the first two Sounds of Skyrim mods. The biggest issue for me was the lack of compatibility with Climates of Tamriel; my solution then was to use another weather mod. Since CoT is in the Skyrim Revisited list' date=' I wonder whether there is a straightforward fix for this incompatibility using TES5Edit or if it is more fundamental in the CoT implementation?[/quote']

I posted a temporary patch for SoS/CoT on the SR section earlier today: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=1937&pid=35360#pid35360

As for incompatibility, as I mage patches for myself on a full SR install, the mods conflicting (some very slightly) were cloaks of Skyrim, live another life, CoT, RLO, sound propagation overhaul and book covers. I believe only the last one is even considered for STEP currently (haven't had time to look it over in my STEP install yet).

Of those mentioned, official patches are available for CoT, RLO and SPO. There's also patches for RCRN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry if this is not the location but I have an issue and hoping someone can help me in these forms regarding "Sounds_of-Skyrim" mods.

First of all, I am using MOD to manage my mods. MOD seems to throw up an error when I try to install any of sounds of skyrim mods (Civilization, Dungeons, WIlds). It tells me It cannot output file socsnowstormwind01lp.wav. 

My guess is I have COT and did not select WINTER edition? SHould I install SOunds of skyrim FIRST, then install COT?

To be fair, the MOD did seem to get the esp installed but after running BOSS, it shows 3 errors, etc. I never had problems with all my other mods (over 100 now) and followed STEP guideline. ANyway, I just need to know why I cannot install this mod using MOD. Any help is much appreciated.