Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

Hey - keep up the great work. I really enjoy lurking on this forum, lots of good information being passed around! I've been experiencing a problem lately that I can't seem to fix. I'm getting invisible wolves attacking me in the wild (along with some completely visible wolves).

I did a quick search online and found the culprit is presumably SkyTEST. I followed Iroha's SkyRe guide when SkyMoMod was still recommended, but recently updated to Skyrim Immersive Creatures as per Neovalen's update to Skyrim Revisited. I'm thinking this switch may be what's causing the occasional invisible wolf for me.

I've tried to run the uninstall process posted on the SkyTEST nexus site and reloading my save, but have not had much success. Using MO, I left SkyTEST v1.3 installed; overwrote the .esp with the "uninstall" .esp of the same name; ran SKSE in MO and saved a game, quit; reloaded SkyTEST v1.3 and rebuilt the dynamic patches; ran SKSE in MO and typed "coc qasmoke" in game... waited 31days for cells to reload; "coc WhiterunStables" and ran around the wilds... still finding invisible wolves! How did I do? Thanks for any help!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an invisible skeleton problem recently. The problem was that MO was not installing SIC 5.1.1 correctly and thus i was missing meshes and textures but did install the 6.0 update with the ESPs ok. Diagnosing the problem involved finding out that I was missing the meshes/textures. Solving it involved using MO's integrated FOMOD installer to install 5.1.1. Maybe your issue is also that you are missing graphical files. The likely candidates seem to be SkyTest or AV. You might consider checking these to see if you failed to install any files.

Alternatively I remember six months ago SkyTest gave me the occasion invisible creature. I think that was solved by updating.

Okay thanks for the info. I used the integrated FOMOD installer for SIC, and installed the v6.0 update for it as specified by Neo. I will likely retry the uninstall of SkyTEST, uninstall SIC, reinstalled SIC, then reinstall SkyTEST, rebuild patches. Hopefully that will work?

bpr5016, while uninstall SkyMoMod better turn it off in cell without NPCs, make "clean" save. remove skymomod, remove dg-db-skymomod- EBT compatibility patch and install dg-db EBT patch. install SIC 5.X, merge SIC 6RC with Sic 5.X, make TES5Edits per Neovalen's guide, rebuild bashed patch, rebuild dynamic patches, load, wait for 30 days(create food and water for yourself via console if you play with RND). and all should be fine

@Iroha - Just a note - if you're writing a guide, avoid statements like

16. Skyrim Redone optional for Even Better Quest Objectives. You know where it should be placed.

1) It's not professional, 2) I assure you there will be users that won't know where to place it :) Save them and yourself some time and effort and change the above to actually say where it should be.

bpr5016' date=' while uninstall SkyMoMod better turn it off in cell without NPCs, make "clean" save. remove skymomod, remove dg-db-skymomod- EBT compatibility patch and install dg-db EBT patch. install SIC 5.X, merge SIC 6RC with Sic 5.X, make TES5Edits per Neovalen's guide, rebuild bashed patch, rebuild dynamic patches, load, wait for 30 days(create food and water for yourself via console if you play with RND). and all should be fine[/quote']

Wow - that sounds like a lot of work!  I might just put up with a few invisible wolves.

:)

@Iroha - Just a note - if you're writing a guide, avoid statements like

16. Skyrim Redone optional for Even Better Quest Objectives. You know where it should be placed.

1) It's not professional, 2) I assure you there will be users that won't know where to place it :) Save them and yourself some time and effort and change the above to actually say where it should be.

All patches for Even Better Quest Objectives need to be merged with the main mod in MO. It's much easier that way.

All patches for Even Better Quest Objectives need to be merged with the main mod in MO. It's much easier that way.

Merged as in merged using WyreBash? OR do you mean that they are all located in the same directory?

The latter.

Yes, use the "Merge" option in MO when you install the mod.

Merged as in merged using WyreBash? OR do you mean that they are all located in the same directory?

The latter.

Ah. Alright good. I always do that. If you do not then everything would just be replaced with only the patch. That is unless you renamed it I guess =)

The latter.

Ah. Alright good. I always do that. If you do not then everything would just be replaced with only the patch. That is unless you renamed it I guess =)
I often like renaming things so I can keep track of which version of the various patches I am using.  I understand this is frowned upon.

The latter.

I often like renaming things so I can keep track of which version of the various patches I am using.  I understand this is frowned upon.
I do the same ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.