Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

Found a (minor) issue when looking thru everything in TES5Edit:

If you install after following Neovalen's SR notes to the letter, you should have a General Patch.esp that sorts into the "Extra Late" section when running BOSS. This is perfectly fine when running SR without following the guide in this thread as well, but when running SkyRe + ASIS, Skyre_EnemyAI.esp is moved to sort after ASIS.esp. This ofc also means it loads after the General Patch.esp as that will still load before the Bashed Patch.

Saw it myself. That's BOSS team trick for replace ASIS_AI by SKyRe_AI. But in guide I recommend to use ASIS AI instead, or DUEL AI, no installation of SkyRe_enemies. Physycally it should be loaded as usual if not using customizedAI option of ASIS. But it will be moved. Masterlist limited in opportunities.

So, I finished my fresh install of SR and am going to go ahead with this guide (thank you so much!) I did go ahead and backup my Overwrites folder as well as made a new profile in MO (straight copy of SR). I would like to list the mods I chose and if anyone can just let me know all is well I'd appreciate it.

SkyRe - Main, Races, Encounter Zones, Survivalism (as well as the reproccer patches)

Duel

ASIS

Forgotten Magic

Apocolypse

High Level Enemies

I have not added any mods in addition to SR - no follower add-ons, weapons, etc. Will these give me the additional difficulty throughout the game, in addition to the later levels? Also, what steps would I take should something going wrong? Is it just a matter of deactivating the mods and re-running the .jar patchers from SR?

This is mechanic overhaul, but in general, yes, it will be more difficult than vanilla. Nothing should go wrong, but yes, you can deactivating troublesome mods or blocklist them and rerun patchers.

I have a question. With Animated Weapon Enchants there is a few conflicts with SkyRe. This is with the Weapon Enchants loaded after it. With SkyRe the enhancements are no longer tied to a magic skill (destruction/restoration/illusion etc). Said mod adds them back in. A safe change? Nothing to worry about?

Safe change. Only aspect in such points - skyRe was not balanced for it. But anyway, it's not a problem.

Uploading Fantasy music overhaul.. ... .. ...

Thanks so much for the reply, mate. Truly appreciated!

And for uploading FMO! Absolutely love that mod. Cheers.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At point 23 of guide should probably be xxxDESGeomancy1 (and not xxxDESGeomance1). I think there is spelling error in guide.

Checked in CK, you are correct, thanks.

By the way, do you still using any doubtful ini tweaks? I just tested one mod and I expirienced solid CTD in certain scenes. Deleted all non SR and non Papyrus tweaks (threaded, havok, background etc.), and voila, CTD is gone.

I followed your advices mostly. Except some values we discussed in PMs (like Fullscreen and vsync). Reverted some Papyrus tweaks too, kept one or two that seemed safe.

For auto and quicksaving I use AutoSave Menager now, seem to be working well (it is inspired by CASM) https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34842/

But mostly i unistalled few mod and I don't have so much freezes.

Thanks for or your help.

Had few CTDs recently, seem to be happening while sneeking, but not sure for now, working on finding the case.

One other question that came up in another thread ( https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2350 ): what are the mods that will work well with SkyRe and expand werewolfs? Heard that on higher levels they're quite week. Anyone has something to recommend? Guy in mentioned thread is using Werewolf Perks Expanded. I'm looking for something that not only just work, but fit SkyRe general mechanics reasonably.

For auto and quicksaving I use AutoSave Menager now, seem to be working well (it is inspired by CASM) https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34842/

Another approach is Quicksave Hardsave - https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34618.

It works by numerically renaming your quicksaves (with a 2-7 second delay).  You can't use quick load once you implement this (as the name of the file to be quick loaded will not exist after 2-7 seconds).  The idea is twofold:

• You will have as many previous quicksaves as you save in your folder making restoring a previous time easier.
  • Because it renames the quicksave you are not constantly resaving the same file name.  It is thought that this might reduce save game corruption.
One point that came out in the discussion was that a big source of save game corruption was probably not quicksaves themselves but rather using quick loads (or Skyrim reloading your previous save immediately after death).  The hypothesis was that if you load a new save (quick load, reload on death or probably even reload from the main menu without exiting to desk top), Skyrim was keeping a lot of (somewhat unpredictable) data from your previous game in memory and this was being infused into your reload, thus potentially corrupting it.  It was suggested that it is much safer to also quit to desktop before loading a save.  It is consistent with some of the weird behavior of merchant gold and inventories when you reload them.  I have no idea whether this is correct or not but it seems plausible and perhaps prudent.

Here are my suggested changes to the patch section:

• In the ASIS patcher, only check NPC Potions, Customised AI, and (possibly) Increased Spawns.

Why don't you recommend checking the "spells" box?

Because that was an really old post that was made before I saw the recommendations of the SkyRe guide.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I must have messed something up but on Expert I'm still one-shotting enemies. I use Alternate Start and I started out near Helgen with just a long bow and I was able to take down any wolves, bandits, and even elk with just one hit. Certainly something is screwed up?

My mods again are SkyRe (no level scaling), ASIS, Duel, the reproccers, High Level Enemies. Is this due to encounter zones from SkyRe since Helgen is a starting point maybe?

The problem is SkyRe makes you kill everything 5x faster due to increased dmg. If you watch Gophers let's play you'll see him one shot wildlife all the time. The way SkyRe "balances" is that enemies can hit you harder back. Problem is if your playing an archer half the time they can't fight back because they are dead.

I would say try out the scaling and see if it helps. Several others have had that problem and it has fixed it somewhat. That or another mod is overwriting some changes. For me it was Interesting NPCS. Just had to make a patch for them =)

Thanks. How would I go about finding what mod is conflicting? Up to this point I've only modded with guides or not had glaring issues with conflicts. Do I load up my entire order in TES5Edit? 

I did try using SkyRe's scaling and had the same result. 

I would say try out the scaling and see if it helps. Several others have had that problem and it has fixed it somewhat. That or another mod is overwriting some changes. For me it was Interesting NPCS. Just had to make a patch for them =)

Since I use Interesting NPCs I would like to hear about what patch you need!  Thanks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.