Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

Quick thing about the guide:

Yes, qotsafan's files overwrite all the weaponfixes in Balbor's NONPLAYER fix, however, that fix also includes fixes to perks that ReProccer messes up. I'm keeping it in for that reason, but curious if you had a reason to remove those fixes or if you simply missed that part. :)

Could also add in that SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp is fully compatible with High Level Enemies if you use the "vanilla" option in HLE rather than scaled, and add Relev tags in Wrye Bash to the 3 files. That also means you can use the PreASISPatch which is quite useful (as long as you also have JaySus Swords, but there's no reason not to have that ;) )

Power of your voice beyond my resistance, dovahkiin. I think I should add to guide notes for pre-asis patch.

As I see, pre-asis-patch don't have Jswords.esm now (I like Jaysus weapons, but think that we already have tons provided by skyRe itself and by IW. But may be I should get sharlikran's version too).

About Nonreproccer fix, perhaps I missed something, I will look into NONPLAYER fix more closely.

By the way, you told earlier about errors for immersive weapons. I see Immersive weapons in pre-asis patch masters, which I don't have. And I don't have errors about IW. o_O

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick thing about the guide:

Yes, qotsafan's files overwrite all the weaponfixes in Balbor's NONPLAYER fix, however, that fix also includes fixes to perks that ReProccer messes up. I'm keeping it in for that reason, but curious if you had a reason to remove those fixes or if you simply missed that part. :)

Could also add in that SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp is fully compatible with High Level Enemies if you use the "vanilla" option in HLE rather than scaled, and add Relev tags in Wrye Bash to the 3 files. That also means you can use the PreASISPatch which is quite useful (as long as you also have JaySus Swords, but there's no reason not to have that ;) )

Power of your voice beyond my resistance, dovahkiin. I think I should add to guide notes for pre-asis patch.

As I see, pre-asis-patch don't have Jswords.esm now (I like Jaysus weapons, but think that we already have tons provided by skyRe itself and by IW. But may be I should get sharlikran's version too).

About Nonreproccer fix, perhaps I missed something, I will look into NONPLAYER fix more closely.

By the way, you told earlier about errors for immersive weapons. I see Immersive weapons in pre-asis patch masters, which I don't have. And I don't have errors about IW. o_O

Hey guys,

first of all thanks for adding me to your guide. I added those fixes to my miscellaneous patches last update, with one difference:

I left in the perk requirements for tempering Nightingale Blade/Bow (Ebony) and Chillrend (Elven), that's just my approach on things, since it seems to be SkyRe's approach. If you don't want that, place Balbor's ReProccerNONPLAYERfix after mine.

Regards qotsafan

Edit: What kind of errors about IW are you experiencing?

Hey qotsafan, ztrathego from Nexus here. The error I was experiencing in regards to IW was that some of the items IW added to various NPC templates would not get properly imported by ASIS, such as IWLBanditLHWeaponOrShield that exists on many of the templates. It seems that is a non-issue when not using the NPC Potions feature of ASIS however as those do not get merged in at all then, and thus the Pre-ASIS patch has the final say in the conflict

Hey guys,

first of all thanks for adding me to your guide. I added those fixes to my miscellaneous patches last update, with one difference:

I left in the perk requirements for tempering Nightingale Blade/Bow (Ebony) and Chillrend (Elven), that's just my approach on things, since it seems to be SkyRe's approach. If don't want that, place Balbor's ReProccerNONPLAYERfix after mine.

Regards qotsafan

Edit: What kind of errors about IW are you experiencing?

Hi! Nice to meet you here, thanks for good work. I can't tell about IW errors - I don't have them (but Vond can, and even told in post above:))

P.S. Updated guide a little.

Hey qotsafan' date=' ztrathego from Nexus here. The error I was experiencing in regards to IW was that some of the items IW added to various NPC templates would not get properly imported by ASIS, such as IWLBanditLHWeaponOrShield that exists on many of the templates. It seems that is a non-issue when not using the NPC Potions feature of ASIS however as those do not get merged in at all then, and thus the Pre-ASIS patch has the final say in the conflict[/quote']

Yeah, that's exactly what I try to do with the PreASISPatch :)

There are still some records I missed and will add in the future.

P.S.: I removed Bashed Patch, 0.esp from the blocklists, will be in the next update.

Yeah the problem was that with NPC Potions enabled, ASIS would overwrite those templates and whilst doing so fail to import those specific changes (would just show the failed to import message in the .esp). But for now it's not an issue for me as I'm not using that. It might be yet another thing that will work once ASIS updates to the latest SkyProc library, I wouldn't know. :)

Anyone else having problems with ReProccer when running it from SUM after the SUM update? SUM runs AV > ASIS > DSR > ReProccer in that order, and every time I run it, ReProccer hangs at 96% of importing. I left it on when I left for work yesterday, and when I got home it will still stuck at 96% so it doesn't crash or anything. Just... stops. I get around it by running ReProccer normally afterwards, but it's still an annoyance.

I never used SUM before, but when you run SkyProc Patchers separately, it displays what file at what stage is being processed at the moment - if that's the case for SUM, you can get some indication as to what file it's stuck at.

Did you try running ReProccer separately and see what happens?

Yeah I've tried adding the files it hung up on the first 3-4 times to blocklist, but it just picks another file to freeze on. And like I said, I can run ReProccer normally after SUM and it works fine, but it messes up things with the SUM merge. :)

Vond, perhaps your SUM freezes because of your huge load order and many patchers and SUM memory caps.

How does merging work? resulting plugins have less conflicts and errors than manual building? Even if it is - we can't load plugins that should be between dynamic patches (post-asis for example) properly. Or they (pre-asis/post-asis) do what they must anyway? Should I add any notes for SUM section in topic?

The only advantage of using it is it takes up less esps btw, as it merges the 4 dynamic patches into one (more than 4 if you use more skyproc mods obv).

Until qotsafan has updated next time you'll need to edit PostASISPatch manually to be able to use the merged SUM.esp, as it lists ASIS-Dependency.esp and ASIS.esp as masters even though they really aren't, easy enough to fix in tes5edit though for the time being.

And yes, that *could* be the reason but it only happens when I try to run it from SUM, and if I try to run ONLY ReProccer from SUM I will get an error message. If I run the normal ReProccer.jar it works. Might be some problems with the skyproc library that reproccer uses, I wouldn't know sadly.

Vond, perhaps your SUM freezes because of your huge load order and many patchers and SUM memory caps.

How does merging work? resulting plugins have less conflicts and errors than manual building? Even if it is - we can't load plugins that should be between dynamic patches (post-asis for example) properly. Or they (pre-asis/post-asis) do what they must anyway? Should I add any notes for SUM section in topic?

You can increase SUM's memory.  It's in the same page where you set it to create a merged patch.

Not sure if this stuff is wanted here, but for those who keep adding mods that Neo has added to SR and thus just installed Book Covers Skyrim, there's need for a SkyRe patch as well for that mod which was for obvious reasons not covered there. Blatantly stealing the way he updates those things, here you go:

Open TES5Edit.
Select Book Covers Skyrim.esp and SkyRe_Main.esp then click [OK].
Expand "Book" under Book Covers Skyrim.esp and select the "0001AD18" node.
Right-click the column for Book Covers Skyrim.esp and select "Copy as override into...".
Select "<new file>" and click [OK]. In the resulting text box type "SkyRe-BCS Patch".
Drag the "DATA - Data" from SkyRe_Main.esp to SkyRe-BCS Patch.esp".
Repeat this for the "0001B019", "0001B01A", "0001B01B", "0001B01C", "0001B01D", "0001B22E", "000ED5F8", "000ED604" and "000ED606" nodes.
Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, uncheck "Backup plugins", and click [OK].

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.