Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

I would say try out the scaling and see if it helps. Several others have had that problem and it has fixed it somewhat. That or another mod is overwriting some changes. For me it was Interesting NPCS. Just had to make a patch for them =)

Do I load up my entire order in TES5Edit? 

Yes. To check and make sure that the SkyRe settings are the ones being used and not something else. Just scroll down to the Enemy-AI and Enemy-Scaling ones. Those are the two to be most worried about in terms of how strong the enemies are.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I use Interesting NPCs I would like to hear about what patch you need!  Thanks.

I apologize. It has to do with a few very minor things (starting health, carry weight etc of some race factions). The major conflicts come with Immersive Weapons. When loaded behind the Enemy Scaling and Enemy AI of SkyRe (which BOSS suggests) it reverts all the changes and scaling back to Vanilla. From SkyRe to IW I just made a patch so the data I want is actually loaded. So the enemies actually scale and work as intended. Same type of patch Skyrim Revisted suggests in places.
Immersive Weapons should be loaded before SkyRe' date=' and it is already is. Perhaps you meant loading it after SkyRe? In that case, IW should be before SkyRe in load order.[/quote']

Ok. Thank you. For some reason BOSS tells it to load after. I will defiantly move it ahead then.

The problem is SkyRe makes you kill everything 5x faster due to increased dmg. If you watch Gophers let's play you'll see him one shot wildlife all the time. The way SkyRe "balances" is that enemies can hit you harder back. Problem is if your playing an archer half the time they can't fight back because they are dead.

Thanks, Neo, I completely overlooked the actual mechanics of the mod :facepalm: I have been watching Gopher and I just never put 2 and 2 together.

I did install ERSO with its leveling module and everything is working as intended (hard enemies in the wild, ass kicked in Embershard). I'll keep playing with SkyRe to see if I can find a good balance. Will increasing in-game difficulty help at all?

Immersive Weapons should be loaded before SkyRe' date=' and it is already is. Perhaps you meant loading it after SkyRe? In that case, IW should be before SkyRe in load order.[/quote']

No, Immersive Weapons is definitely loaded after SkyRe since some time ago when SkyRe had its place in order edited

The problem is SkyRe makes you kill everything 5x faster due to increased dmg. If you watch Gophers let's play you'll see him one shot wildlife all the time. The way SkyRe "balances" is that enemies can hit you harder back. Problem is if your playing an archer half the time they can't fight back because they are dead.

Thanks' date=' Neo, I completely overlooked the actual mechanics of the mod :facepalm: I have been watching Gopher and I just never put 2 and 2 together.

I did install ERSO with its leveling module and everything is working as intended (hard enemies in the wild, ass kicked in Embershard). I'll keep playing with SkyRe to see if I can find a good balance. Will increasing in-game difficulty help at all?[/quote']

hehe, I look on archery from different point:

Not very realistic then you must to turn your enemy into hedgehog before he/she will become dead completely. Also I don't think that arrows in head is something compatible with life. Weapons should be deadly. And they are in SkyRe mechanic.

Immersive Weapons should be loaded before SkyRe' date=' and it is already is. Perhaps you meant loading it after SkyRe? In that case' date=' IW should be before SkyRe in load order.[/quote'']

No, Immersive Weapons is definitely loaded after SkyRe since some time ago when SkyRe had its place in order edited

True, Immersive Weapons.esp provided in Balbor & SteelSouls compatibility patches, in other words Balbor & SteelSouls compatibility patches should overwrite IW esp from original mod. Therefore BOSS order correct if placing our IW.esp after SkyRe.

under the line

Updated guide.

New version of qotsafan's reproccer patches came out.

New in 3.5.1:

New patches:

- Leveled lists additions for Tera armors

- Ethereal Elven Overhaul patches

- Bring Out Your Dead patches

- Pre and Post ASIS patches

The 3.5.1 patches have some issues and causes CTDs atm, author is aware and is working on a fix. Also apparently JaySus swords will be a requirement for some of these files, as he said that JSwords.esm as a master for those files was intended.

The 3.5.1 patches have some issues and causes CTDs atm' date=' author is aware and is working on a fix. Also apparently JaySus swords will be a requirement for some of these files, as he said that JSwords.esm as a master for those files was intended.[/quote']

I added only postASISpatch to guide for now. But better not to install it now then.

UPD. Hmm there is no complaints about postASISpatch in nexus qotsafan's topic.

Thanks, Neo, I completely overlooked the actual mechanics of the mod :facepalm: I have been watching Gopher and I just never put 2 and 2 together.

I did install ERSO with its leveling module and everything is working as intended (hard enemies in the wild, ass kicked in Embershard). I'll keep playing with SkyRe to see if I can find a good balance. Will increasing in-game difficulty help at all?

hehe, I look on archery from different point:

Not very realistic then you must to turn your enemy into hedgehog before he/she will become dead completely. Also I don't think that arrows in head is something compatible with life. Weapons should be deadly. And they are in SkyRe mechanic.

I think you overrate how deadly archery actually is. Arrows generally tend to kill by causing their target to bleed out over time rather than from one instantly fatal wound.  For a famous exams consider, Harold Godwinson who took an arrow to the eye but was only killed by a close combat attack some time later.  Furthermore moderately well armored targets could sustain many arrow wounds - there are numerous accounts, for example, of Crusaders looking like hedgehogs with each soldier having numerous arrows stuck into their armor or shield. Of course we might want a different mechanic for our fantasy game, but there is nothing unrealistic about enemies surviving many arrow strikes, especially if wearing armor.

Speaking of arrows (and bolts). Are the effects of "arrows and bolts tweaks" really carried over by SkyRe? I disabled ABT following the guide and my I have no deep bolt penetration when shooting trees and doors etc. Also, can't you edit some .ini file and make bows hurt less if it is unrealistic?

@bpr5016

you should install meshes from corresponding folder in ABT for deep bolt penetration. Sadly, but we can't easy tweak damage yet. We can edit stats.xml to correct idamage parameters of certain weapon types to personal taste.

@statmonster

Well armored characters can ignore your arrows to PC death:)

In Vanilla novice archer need much more than one ''headshot" to kill. But there is Locational Damage mod, which can fix that:) (works with SkyRe too of course)

Bleed causes very small damage over time, and can be switched off via console "set xxxCMMainLogic to 0"

we can tweak armor protection and some more things too.

These are all possible tweaks provided by combat module now.

xxxCMMainLogic On-hit-stagger, direct hit debuffs + bleed

xxxCMHeavyArmorBase Absolute and relative protection bonuses to all heavy armor

xxxCMHeavyArmorSpeed Speed malus while wearing heavy armor

xxxCMLightArmorBase Absolute and relative protection bonuses to all light armor

xxxCMStaminaLoss Stamina loss from attacking

xxxCMStaminaRegen Boost to stamina regeneration while standing still etc.

xxxCMPowerAttack Tweaks to power attacks

xxxCMStaminaInfluenceSpeed Stamina influence on speed

xxxCMStaminaInfluenceMain Stamina influence on everything but speed

xxxCMHealthInfluenceSpeed Health influence on speed

xxxCMHealthInfluenceMain Health influence on everything but speed

UPD. Found funny and cognitive for some people comment on High Level Enemies nexus page:):

Hi Dalquist. I use this mod +(Hardcore) with Skyre, without Skyre's enemy scaling module. The game becomes perfectly interesting, more intense, and character builds do matter! Now I have to kite enemies, as they tend to flank and archers shoot me from behind.

Updated guide.

New version of qotsafan's reproccer patches came out.

New in 3.5.1:

New patches:

- Leveled lists additions for Tera armors

- Ethereal Elven Overhaul patches

- Bring Out Your Dead patches

- Pre and Post ASIS patches

Actually, most important (for me, as I was bugging him about for few times) is that he updated levelled lists for Immersive weapons 1.5. Without it, it was sort f ruining new distribution system.

And I don't know why, but for me ASIS is very performance heavy. Especially in fights bot not outside too. Disabled for now.

And archery...

Actually arrows have very good armor piercing qualities (much better then bullets as far as I know) so I believe actually good shield is much better protection (the arrow will penetrate partially, but it won't kill you). When we talking crusade's big battlefield (and this is not situation we usually have in games like Skyrim) we don't see direct snipe-shooting (targeted individually) but targeting area by whole formation of archers on the very high ballistic arch. So energy is considerably smaller and arrow looses a lot of penetration ability. Against such "raining" arrows, good armor is decent protection.

And how deadly the shot will be can depend on arrow and the ones we see in Skyrim seem to have some nasty arrow-heads. Same as with bullets: 7.62 will cut mostly clean through, when 5.56 (you would think NATO would be the humanitarian ones) will make a mess internally.

At last, this is my understanding of a subject. I'm not an expert.

Thanks for the advice on ABT, fixed my bolt penetration problems!

Now I'm having a problem getting qotsafan's IA6 invisible helmet fix to work (optional for your guide).  Found this explanation on the mod forum:

qotsafan posts:

If you put my patch directly before or after the ReProccer.esp and run it, that shouldn't happen :3

LOCSTA posts:

Sorry for being a lil slow... but if I use your helmets patch with skyjubs and run it in the correct order, then ALL helmets will be invisible AND have the CORRECT skyre stats? that would be outstanding

UPDATE: it works! you're the best.

1.skyjubs 2.reproccer 3. qotsafan's IA6

all invisible and correct stats for skyre

source: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29375

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if this fix does work then the revised BUM load order would be...

Select qotsafan's IA6 invisible helmets patch.esp

In the text box adjacent to "AFTER" type " ReProccer.esp " and click [save Rule].

Select qotsafan's Ars Metallica Patch.esp

In the text box adjacent to "AFTER" type " qotsafan's IA6 invisible helmets patch " and click [save Rule].

Select qotsafan's WIC-CraftOnly ReProccer Patch.esp

In the text box adjacent to "AFTER" type " qotsafan's Ars Metallica Patch.esp " and click [save Rule].

etc... I don't know why this would work but I'm going to try it out now.

EDIT: Rearranging didn't work for me, still have invisible helmets

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.