Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

Thanks for the advice on ABT, fixed my bolt penetration problems!

Now I'm having a problem getting qotsafan's IA6 invisible helmet fix to work (optional for your guide).  Found this explanation on the mod forum:

qotsafan posts:

If you put my patch directly before or after the ReProccer.esp and run it, that shouldn't happen :3

LOCSTA posts:

Sorry for being a lil slow... but if I use your helmets patch with skyjubs and run it in the correct order, then ALL helmets will be invisible AND have the CORRECT skyre stats? that would be outstanding

UPDATE: it works! you're the best.

1.skyjubs 2.reproccer 3. qotsafan's IA6

all invisible and correct stats for skyre

source: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29375

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if this fix does work then the revised BUM load order would be...

Select qotsafan's IA6 invisible helmets patch.esp

In the text box adjacent to "AFTER" type " ReProccer.esp " and click [save Rule].

Select qotsafan's Ars Metallica Patch.esp

In the text box adjacent to "AFTER" type " qotsafan's IA6 invisible helmets patch " and click [save Rule].

Select qotsafan's WIC-CraftOnly ReProccer Patch.esp

In the text box adjacent to "AFTER" type " qotsafan's Ars Metallica Patch.esp " and click [save Rule].

etc... I don't know why this would work but I'm going to try it out now.

EDIT: Rearranging didn't work for me, still have invisible helmets

The IA6 invisible helmets patch is a patch to make the helms invisible for people that just want the stats from them, think you might be using it for the wrong reason? Unless you just forgot a "don't" in there obviously :)

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed Higher Level Enemies - Hardcore and its made the game really tough (and actually how I want it). I am able to be deadly as archer but just 2 hits from a wolf and I wipe. We'll see how this plays out later in the game but I'm satisfied for now. Thanks for the help here :)

Thanks for the advice on ABT, fixed my bolt penetration problems!

Now I'm having a problem getting qotsafan's IA6 invisible helmet fix to work (optional for your guide).  Found this explanation on the mod forum:

qotsafan posts:

If you put my patch directly before or after the ReProccer.esp and run it, that shouldn't happen :3

LOCSTA posts:

Sorry for being a lil slow... but if I use your helmets patch with skyjubs and run it in the correct order, then ALL helmets will be invisible AND have the CORRECT skyre stats? that would be outstanding

UPDATE: it works! you're the best.

1.skyjubs 2.reproccer 3. qotsafan's IA6

all invisible and correct stats for skyre

source: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/29375

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if this fix does work then the revised BUM load order would be...

Select qotsafan's IA6 invisible helmets patch.esp

In the text box adjacent to "AFTER" type " ReProccer.esp " and click [save Rule].

Select qotsafan's Ars Metallica Patch.esp

In the text box adjacent to "AFTER" type " qotsafan's IA6 invisible helmets patch " and click [save Rule].

Select qotsafan's WIC-CraftOnly ReProccer Patch.esp

In the text box adjacent to "AFTER" type " qotsafan's Ars Metallica Patch.esp " and click [save Rule].

etc... I don't know why this would work but I'm going to try it out now.

EDIT: Rearranging didn't work for me, still have invisible helmets

The IA6 invisible helmets patch is a patch to make the helms invisible for people that just want the stats from them, think you might be using it for the wrong reason? Unless you just forgot a "don't" in there obviously :)

Oops, my apologies:) I will add notes about this fix:) (personally I like to see hairy heads more than bald head under helmets).

Also, I decide to use SkyRe_enemyAI instead of ASIS customized AI for myself, as SkyRe one seems more up-to-date and more promising. I will add notes how to do it soon. Restyling guide now as it become uncomfortable to edit.

I installed Higher Level Enemies - Hardcore and its made the game really tough (and actually how I want it). I am able to be deadly as archer but just 2 hits from a wolf and I wipe. We'll see how this plays out later in the game but I'm satisfied for now. Thanks for the help here

If you also use dual combat.. make sure to get the archer perks addon or you will get one shoted by every falmer archer in the the game after a certain point! :P 

It also nerfs ranged damage for you though. 

Looks awesome! Really great job. For the note:

If installed SkyRe_EnemyAI module

Find in masterlist IFNOT REGEX("ASIS(-Dependency)?\.esp") MOD: SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp, Right Click on it, Create Override

In the text box adjacent to "AFTER" type " SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp " and click [save Rule].

I found it helpful to use BUM's search function rather than scrolling through the whole masterlist. Was scrolling for 15min before I realized there was a search function haha.

So with everything installed and ready, I decided to go over files in TES5Edit to check for errors, including the Dynamic patches. Here's some errors I find rather weird that pop up in ASIS (I have only checked the Perks/Spells/Potions, and yes I have proper ini edits for SkyRe and Deadly Dragons as well as the Pre/Post ASIS patches from qotsafan):

https://i.imgur.com/vZTugN6.jpg

That shows up on all 3 LLI entries

On top of that there's some things that for some reason refuses to get copied over properly. One quick example is the EncBandit01TemplateMelee, that refuses to load IWLIBanditLHWeaponOrShield properly from Immersive Weapons and instead just spits out an "

Here's a list of errors I receive:

https://i.imgur.com/cbay8C0.jpg

Any ideas what can be causing these? The errors from IW are quite easy to fix in TES5Edit, the potions less so.

@ Rune11 - I use all the modern tools everything is green in WB 

O_O How did you do it?? The way we build some of compatibility patches during SR install TES5Edit adds masters to patches in incorrect order (of load), and patches lightened with orange checkboxes in WB. Any way of altering master files order for esp files(TES5Edit/CK) can lead to unpredictable results - CTD, freezes, apocalypse:)

But if you mean that just font of mods is normal green or black then nevermind:)

Forgot to ask this when it was mentioned few days ago, but are you saying the Sort Masters function in TES5Edit doesn't work as intended currently? I've been using that for some time without noticing anything bad happening from it

Edit: Had a look at the tes5edit nexus posts, and even Sharlikran recommends using the Sort Master function when creating override patches so should be just fine to use

Looks awesome! Really great job. For the note:

If installed SkyRe_EnemyAI module

Find in masterlist IFNOT REGEX("ASIS(-Dependency)?\.esp") MOD: SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp, Right Click on it, Create Override

In the text box adjacent to "AFTER" type " SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp " and click [save Rule].

I found it helpful to use BUM's search function rather than scrolling through the whole masterlist. Was scrolling for 15min before I realized there was a search function haha.

Thanks! Haha, I thought that "Find Next" field is noticeable enough:D

So with everything installed and ready, I decided to go over files in TES5Edit to check for errors, including the Dynamic patches. Here's some errors I find rather weird that pop up in ASIS (I have only checked the Perks/Spells/Potions, and yes I have proper ini edits for SkyRe and Deadly Dragons as well as the Pre/Post ASIS patches from qotsafan):

https://i.imgur.com/vZTugN6.jpg

That shows up on all 3 LLI entries

On top of that there's some things that for some reason refuses to get copied over properly. One quick example is the EncBandit01TemplateMelee, that refuses to load IWLIBanditLHWeaponOrShield properly from Immersive Weapons and instead just spits out an "

Here's a list of errors I receive:

https://i.imgur.com/cbay8C0.jpg

Any ideas what can be causing these? The errors from IW are quite easy to fix in TES5Edit, the potions less so.

First perhaps can be fixed by Creation kit, if needed - I played from beginning to 1st dragon death to test mods before posted guide, so I don't think these errors are very important. If you want to try fix unexpected values on 1st screenshot you can load plugin in CK as active and save it. You must check for master files after saving - they(or some of them) can dissapear and inthat case you must add them manually in wrye bash for example. To do it in wrye bash you must copy all necessary plugins to skyrim\data directory----> run boss from there----> launch wrye bash from skyrim\mopy folder---> add masters to asis--->  move asis.esp back to overwrite directory of MO and delete other copied plugins. Sadly, easy way of adding masters (run wrye bash from MO and just add masters) results in python errors.

About pre-asis patch, there is some complaints on in the nexus thread. And, this is the reason I decided not include pre-asis patch in guide, and because guide does not contain some master files for it too of course:)

As for immersive weapons, I think ASIS doesn't need to import any values from immersive weapons - there is no perks, no spells, no potions as far as I know. Perhaps we should add it to blocklist.

@ Rune11 - I use all the modern tools everything is green in WB 

O_O How did you do it?? The way we build some of compatibility patches during SR install TES5Edit adds masters to patches in incorrect order (of load), and patches lightened with orange checkboxes in WB. Any way of altering master files order for esp files(TES5Edit/CK) can lead to unpredictable results - CTD, freezes, apocalypse:)

But if you mean that just font of mods is normal green or black then nevermind:)

Forgot to ask this when it was mentioned few days ago, but are you saying the Sort Masters function in TES5Edit doesn't work as intended currently? I've been using that for some time without noticing anything bad happening from it

Edit: Had a look at the tes5edit nexus posts, and even Sharlikran recommends using the Sort Master function when creating override patches so should be just fine to use

that's from personal experience. I don't know why, but sorting masters (autosorting too I think, since steps which program do are similar to manual actions perhaps) can break working plugin. It's magic.

Hm where did you see complaints about the PreASIS patch? I could not find any on qotsafans thread and I've been quite active there as I tried helping him sort out the EEO issues with 3.5.1 (I'm ztrathego on Nexus)

As for opening ASIS in CK, I'll give what you said a shot and see if I can work something out. :)

Hm where did you see complaints about the PreASIS patch? I could not find any on qotsafans thread and I've been quite active there as I tried helping him sort out the EEO issues with 3.5.1 (I'm ztrathego on Nexus)

As for opening ASIS in CK, I'll give what you said a shot and see if I can work something out. :)

well, that means you are in theme already:) originally I mentioned ztrathego's (yours:)) comment's (about master's we don't have here). In general, ehh, I should pay more attention to sense while reading. LOL.

PreASIS patch still have SkyRe's enemy scaling module in masters, hovewer. 

P.S. Updated guide. (New version of Qotsafan's patches)

That's what I've been trying to figure out by posting the errors I get in tes5edit here and on nexus as well as Beth forums :P

Doing what Iroha suggested (open ASIS.esp in CK) didn't work, as I feared it's not a good idea to so with dynamic plugins like ASIS

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.