Dayspring Canyon - Words cut off in map

mooit

Question

Hi,

I'm running SSE 1.6.353.0 at 2560x1440 on my monitor.

I've been looking around, trying to figure out this issue, with no success.

When I open the map, Dayspring Canyon, the last word of it is getting cut off, and I don't know how to make the whole word appear.

It's showing in this screen shot as; Dayspring Canyon V

HvDyShF.jpg

THANKS

Edited by mooit

11 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, mooit said:

Hi,

I'm running SSE 1.6.353.0 at 2560x1440 on my monitor.

I've been looking around, trying to figure out this issue, with no success.

When I open the map, Dayspring Canyon, the last word of it is getting cut off, and I don't know how to make the whole word appear.

It's showing in this screen shot as; Dayspring Canyon V

HvDyShF.jpg

THANKS

You could try Wider MCM Menu for SkyUILink to the mod's Wiki page. we run in Step. It has config settings you can adjust for different aspect ratios. Not sure it impacts the map though. I haven't seen this issue specifically, but I'm not as versed in general gameplay as other folks.

17 minutes ago, z929669 said:

You could try Wider MCM Menu for SkyUILink to the mod's Wiki page. we run in Step. It has config settings you can adjust for different aspect ratios. Not sure it impacts the map though. I haven't seen this issue specifically, but I'm not as versed in general gameplay as other folks.

I am actually using already 'Opt. 1 - Wider MCM Menu for SkyUI' from the mod

Where is this config setting to adjust the aspect?

THANKS

Edited by mooit

Yep, Atlas Map Markers was adding this location, and creating this issue.

It's adding and removing map locations.

If you look back up at the screen shot Fort Dawnguard has been removed.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

In vanilla, once you reach a certain point in the Dawnguard questline, a map marker becomes visible. It's named "Fort Dawnguard". 

Atlas Map Markers renames this marker "Dayspring Canyon Valley".

Your screenshot shows the marker is visible but not discovered. You probably have reached the point in the Dawnguard questline where you have "heard" about the Dawnguard. That's it.

There are many instances where undiscovered (black with a white outline) map markers get added to your map by the game for whatever reason, even without a quest pointing to them. Try talking to guards or people you encounter on the road, for example. There's nothing unusual about this.

The marker for a visited location is displayed in solid white.

Fort Dawnguard and Dayspring Canyon Valley are not the same locations/places on the map.

This to me, makes no sense to remove one location, and then supposedly rename it to another location on the map.

For whatever this Fandom is worth.

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Fort_Dawnguard

https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Dayspring_Canyon

Dayspring Canyon is a Spring on the side of a mountain, and Fort Dawnguard is a fort.

How does a water Spring and a Fort get confused for being the same thing? Hmm ;/

Edited by mooit

Did you actually look at the Dayspring Canyon picture on the wiki?

image.png

Fort Dawnguard, the actual building, is located within Dayspring Canyon.

AMM changes the marker because it distinguishes the Fort from the Dayspring Canyon location as a whole. In vanilla there is only one marker "Fort Dawnguard" for the whole worldspace.

It doesn't remove the Fort Dawnguard marker. There is still one, but you need to discover it. Once you have visited "Fort Dawnguard", the actual fort building, you'll be able to fast-travel to the "Fort Dawnguard" map marker.

If you don't like the changes made by AMM, don't use it, or try toggling its options in the MCM, or make your own patch.

I guess I just found it odd, turning it around on the map this way is all. It sort of threw me off a little, as to what was going on.

Since Atlas Map Markers is on the Step Wiki, has anyone else run into the text being cut off for Dayspring and if ACMOS resolved this?

THANKS