Query regarding application of additional game settings

username42

Question

I'm looking to edit the parameters regarding the culling of NPC bodies, and would prefer something more concrete than hoping that typing "SetGS iRemoveExcessDeadCount 15" in the console. I've looked through the custom tab, but can't seem to find the relevant settings. I made one attempt to include the settings manually, then launching BethINI in the hopes it would recognize the settings and place them in the appropriate area, but the summary of changes reports the settings to be invalid, despite working fine when edited via the console. Are some game settings simply not able to be edited/included in the ini?

If there is another method of editing these settings in a manner that should last, I'd be happy to try it. The GCM only supports one of the relevant commands, and I'd prefer to avoid increasing my load order with an xEdited Piles of Corpses, though I understand if that should be my best course of action.

Thank you!

Game settings I'm interested in modifying:

iHoursToClearCorpses
fRemoveExcessDeadTime
iRemoveExcessDeadCount
iRemoveExcessDeadTotalActorCount
fRemoveExcessComplexDeadTime
iRemoveExcessDeadComplexCount
RemoveExcessDeadComplexTotalActorCount

3 answers to this question

Game settings are not ini settings. Game settings can be changed via console commands or via a plugin. Since you mention a Fallout 4 mod, I assume you want this to apply to that game. Fallout 4 has an ini setting that can be used to enter console commands automatically at startup. 

Fallout4.ini 

[General]
sStartingConsoleCommand=bat startup

In this example, simply make a text file named startup.txt and place it in the game directory beside Fallout4.exe. Enter in the text file all commands you want to use at startup. 

Be aware that some mods (such as Clarity) have a plugin ini using this method already, in which case you would need to modify it there. 

The settings you're referring to can't be configured in SkyrimFallout's INI files, they don't exist there.

They are Game Settings defined in the master plugin(s). They can only be changed by another plugin overriding them or via the 'SetGS' special command in the console.

16 minutes ago, username42 said:

If there is another method of editing these settings in a manner that should last, I'd be happy to try it.

Create a patch plugin in xEdit. As in the example below (this is for Skyrim but you should get the idea):

image.png