ACMOS Road Generator (by DoubleYou)

DoubleYou

Mmm.
I went back and regenerated the LOD. Then I tried ACMOS again, but the same error persists.

My xLODGen output folder path is as follows:
"C:\Modding\ModdingTools\xLODGen\xLODGen_output" (It contains a Meshes folder and a texture folder)
I definitely selected that as PATH to LOD in ACMOS

When you run xLODGenx64, are the empty mods supposed to be enabled or disabled?

47 minutes ago, Brambleshire said:

I see. Well currently my "xLODGEN_output" folder is empty. I take it there is supposed to be something in there. I will go back up the guide and look for something about filling that folder.

Also, just for the hell of it, I tried it again and it wouldn't even start. It just said "invalid path to LOD, please set the LOD first!" even though I did not do anything different. It's kind of confusing because the guide says:
"For Path to LOD, browse to the xLODGen output folder (e.g. ..Modding/GameName/Tools/xLODGen/xLODGen_Output)"
But it doesn't say what to do with the Output Path.

Screenshot2023-11-26224606.thumb.png.e2886ca407f7ca2cc2edef8a3d647681.png

Anyways, I'll go back and review and I'll report what I find.

Click on the box with the paths. They are actually buttons to set these values. The "Path to LOD" is the path to your xLODGen application (not installed as a mod). The output in that folder is usually used itself as a mod, but your are first adding roads to your terrain LOD for the map by using ACMOS and then using the updated xLODGen_Ouput contents as a mod.

See the xLODGen installation and usage instructions in the guide.

2 hours ago, Brambleshire said:

Greetings Step Team, thank you for the incredible guide. 

I've made it to to Step 5 and the Paint Roads portion. 
I'm running ACMOS and an error pops up almost immediately and ACMOS stops on that specific item.
Screenshot2023-11-26215349.thumb.png.89f981e22f3be15115d319a5f3a9f141.png
If I click ok, ACMOS continue and process 1 or 2 items, then this will pop up again, and it goes on like this indefinitely. I gave up and exited ACMOS while it was running. Should I be seeing this error? Does anyone know what is causing it?

This is my first time doing heavy modding, and my first time using step. I dont understand most of what I have been doing, I've just been clicking on this and typing that as the guide instructs. The sections concerning post processing, Dyndolod, and ACMOS have been the most difficult so far. I was not confident during this section of the guide, so I am not surprised I got something wrong. I've run into several hangups along the way, which I've been able to figure out except this one. Thank you for your help.

This particular error means that texconv didn't work for some reason, perhaps an antivirus interfering, or maybe the texconv.exe file got deleted? You can try manually updating the texconv executable from the DirectX Tex Releases page and see if that helps.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

This particular error means that texconv didn't work for some reason, perhaps an antivirus interfering, or maybe the texconv.exe file got deleted? You can try manually updating the texconv executable from the DirectX Tex Releases page and see if that helps.

I FIGURED IT OUT!

I tried all of your suggestions, but no dice initially.

Then I retraced my steps all the way back to the beginning. I undid and uninstalled everything related to xLODGen and ACMOS in the instructions and started from scratch. (In that process, I discovered that I didn't put in the "(TEMP) Cathedral Landscapes - xLODGen" mod. I don't know if that was contributing to the issue, but it was definitely something that needed to be fixed. )
But in my Modding Tools folder (containing MO, ACMOS, xEdit, etc), somehow for some reason I had a copy of the "texconv" file with another copy of texconv.exe inside. I have no idea how that happened. Anyways, I deleted the extra texconv, and voila. ACMOS RG worked like a charm!

Thank you for your help guys!

Edited by Brambleshire

Go back to the Tool Setup section of the guide and note that xLODGen in the executables list should have Argument(s) set to

-lodgen -SSE -o:"DriveLetter:\Modding\Tools\xLODGen\xLODGen_Output"

where DriveLetter should be replaced with the drive letter you created the Modding folder in. This is your xLODGen Output folder.

Back to the xLODGen section of the guide. When you run xLODGen to generate terrain LOD, the files should be generated in your xLODGen Ouput folder (e.g. D:\Modding\Tools\xLODGen\xLODGen_Output on my system). You can examine this folder with File Explorer to verify it has a bunch of files. If the folder is empty, you need to redo "Generate terrain LOD".

Paint roads on terrain LOD: When you run ACMOS Road Generator at Step 3, click the button to the right of "Path to LOD:" and browse to your XLOdGen Output folder. When you are finally in this folder, click OK to select this folder. I seem to recall this is the Open Folder dialog so it shows only folders.