ACMOS Road Generator (by DoubleYou)

DoubleYou

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

If not using FOLIP, you can safely skip TexGen/DynDOLOD.

Okay, I'm using FOLIP so I suppose I need to rerun TexGen and DynDOLOD then.  I reran TexGen and DynDOLOD after I installed FOLIP but I didn't run the new version of ACMOS on xLODGen beforehand.

Edited by Kattmandu

• 11 months later...

Greetings Step Team, thank you for the incredible guide. 

I've made it to to Step 5 and the Paint Roads portion. 
I'm running ACMOS and an error pops up almost immediately and ACMOS stops on that specific item.
Screenshot2023-11-26215349.thumb.png.89f981e22f3be15115d319a5f3a9f141.png
If I click ok, ACMOS continue and process 1 or 2 items, then this will pop up again, and it goes on like this indefinitely. I gave up and exited ACMOS while it was running. Should I be seeing this error? Does anyone know what is causing it?

This is my first time doing heavy modding, and my first time using step. I dont understand most of what I have been doing, I've just been clicking on this and typing that as the guide instructs. The sections concerning post processing, Dyndolod, and ACMOS have been the most difficult so far. I was not confident during this section of the guide, so I am not surprised I got something wrong. I've run into several hangups along the way, which I've been able to figure out except this one. Thank you for your help.

11 minutes ago, Brambleshire said:

Greetings Step Team, thank you for the incredible guide. 

I've made it to to Step 5 and the Paint Roads portion. 
I'm running ACMOS and an error pops up almost immediately and ACMOS stops on that specific item.
Screenshot2023-11-26215349.thumb.png.89f981e22f3be15115d319a5f3a9f141.png
If I click ok, ACMOS continue and process 1 or 2 items, then this will pop up again, and it goes on like this indefinitely. I gave up and exited ACMOS while it was running. Should I be seeing this error? Does anyone know what is causing it?

This is my first time doing heavy modding, and my first time using step. I dont understand most of what I have been doing, I've just been clicking on this and typing that as the guide instructs. The sections concerning post processing, Dyndolod, and ACMOS have been the most difficult so far. I was not confident during this section of the guide, so I am not surprised I got something wrong. I've run into several hangups along the way, which I've been able to figure out except this one. Thank you for your help.

It seems like you either have corrupt xLODGen output (delete xLODGen Ouput mod contents and rebuild from scratch, or you have not configured the path to your xLODGen ouput in ACMOS.

I see. Well currently my "xLODGEN_output" folder is empty. I take it there is supposed to be something in there. I will go back up the guide and look for something about filling that folder.

Also, just for the hell of it, I tried it again and it wouldn't even start. It just said "invalid path to LOD, please set the LOD first!" even though I did not do anything different. It's kind of confusing because the guide says:
"For Path to LOD, browse to the xLODGen output folder (e.g. ..Modding/GameName/Tools/xLODGen/xLODGen_Output)"
But it doesn't say what to do with the Output Path.

Screenshot2023-11-26224606.thumb.png.e2886ca407f7ca2cc2edef8a3d647681.png

Anyways, I'll go back and review and I'll report what I find.