M8r98a4f2's Complex Item Sorter (by m8r98a4f2)

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

Looking into Complex Sorter, I really like it. Great interface, and the ability to add custom rules if desired. Seems very robust. Just need that fix you gave for the partial forms, and I feel we can use it to provide the Quest tags too. Looking at its output and the way it displays in the inventory in game, it is clearly more comprehensive than the similar Synthesis patcher, so we'll use it for all options. 

We'll still want Synthesis for my HasDistantLOD patch, and I have a few other ideas for patchers to create for it. One plan I want to implement is the ability to add LOD to Moveable Statics. Currently, I would have to manually duplicate every Moveable Static record in every cell with a dummy Static in order to provide LOD for a lot of items, most notably explosive vehicles. That would be a labor of love to do manually, so if I can code it to do it for me, that would make it actually feasible.

Tagging as accepted for current dev 1.0.0 guide.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for this stupid question. I am modding Fallout 4 following the step guide, and the only issue I have come across is that I am unsure what I need for the brackets in the complex sorter.bat argument. 

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get with this noob issue I have posted here.

5 hours ago, Jinma420 said:

Sorry for this stupid question. I am modding Fallout 4 following the step guide, and the only issue I have come across is that I am unsure what I need for the brackets in the complex sorter.bat argument. 

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get with this noob issue I have posted here.

Post moved from the MO support forum to the mod in question.

If you follow the steps to install Complex Item Sorter, you should not need to edit anything in Binary, Start In or Arguments. Steps 1 - 4 create Complex Sorter as an executable with the correct Binary and Arguments already set. Steps 5 - 7 set Start In by selecting the appropriate folder. Step 8 sets Create files in... by selecting the Step Fallout 4 - Complex Sorter Output from the list.

One potentially confusing point is that the box shows Binary set to e.g. C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe and Arguments set to e.g. /C "D:\Games\Mods\M8r98a4f2's Complex Item Sorter\Complex Sorter.bat". If you have Binary set to e.g. "D:\Games\Mods\M8r98a4f2's Complex Item Sorter\Complex Sorter.bat" and Arguments is empty, this is fine. Just note that I am using the paths on my system so your paths may be slightly different.