DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 182

sheson

6 hours ago, sheson said:

Since the DynDOLOD.esp has the DynDOLOD.esm as master it will typically no load without it.

If the problem happens only with the DynDOLOD.esm, then it is pretty straight forward now, as there are not that many records in the persistent cell D74 but mostly a single references (Tamriel_Worshopper*) in the temporary cells. Those are for dynamic LOD, so they do not really do anything with the DynDOLOD.esp.

So the binary search goes like this: Restore backup of plugin if problem goes away, continue removing "half" the records from plugin that has the problem until only a specific record remains. First remove all other worldspaces. Then remove the persistent cell D74 in the Tamriel worldspace. Then start removing half the blocks until you are down to a block, then same for sub-blocks, then same for the cells in the last remaining sub-block.

Hi Sheson, yes you are correct, and I apologize for the confusion. I failed to notice that MO2 had DynDOLOD.esp flagged as missing the DynDOLOD.esm master and origniall thought it was working because my LOD was in game. I just re-ran my test with only DynDOLOD.esm enabled and the stutter is still there. I am using a vanilla save for my test, but did as you had asked and did coc whiterun from the start menu along with the SKSE folder hidden and I still received the stutter.

I also cleaned the plugins and regenerated DynDOLOD and still received the stutter. Here are those log files in case they help.

I will get to work on removing the records and will check back with the results later. Thank you again for your incredible help with this.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

Since the DynDOLOD.esp has the DynDOLOD.esm as master it will typically no load without it.

If the problem happens only with the DynDOLOD.esm, then it is pretty straight forward now, as there are not that many records in the persistent cell D74 but mostly a single references (Tamriel_Worshopper*) in the temporary cells. Those are for dynamic LOD, so they do not really do anything with the DynDOLOD.esp.

So the binary search goes like this: Restore backup of plugin if problem goes away, continue removing "half" the records from plugin that has the problem until only a specific record remains. First remove all other worldspaces. Then remove the persistent cell D74 in the Tamriel worldspace. Then start removing half the blocks until you are down to a block, then same for sub-blocks, then same for the cells in the last remaining sub-block.

Sheson, I wanted to give you a quick update and also ask you for advice on this. So I removed the other worldspaces from DynDOLOD.esm and I still stuttered. I removed the persistent cell D74 in Tamriel wordspace and I still stuttered. I have started testing the blocks and have discovered that block 0, -1 is causing the majority of the stutter (have not tested sub block or cell yet under that block). The problem that I am having right now is if I remove just the block 0, -1 I am still receiving some stutter. Its not as bad - but its still there, so I am thinking its probably multiple issues there. I also tested by removing all blocks under Tamriel and I do not stutter at all. Its perfectly smooth. So its definitely more than one block.

So my question: Is there anything specific I am looking for in these sub blocks and cells to help narrow this down a little quicker? Again thank you very much for your help.

12 hours ago, Saint_Chewy said:

Sheson, I wanted to give you a quick update and also ask you for advice on this. So I removed the other worldspaces from DynDOLOD.esm and I still stuttered. I removed the persistent cell D74 in Tamriel wordspace and I still stuttered. I have started testing the blocks and have discovered that block 0, -1 is causing the majority of the stutter (have not tested sub block or cell yet under that block). The problem that I am having right now is if I remove just the block 0, -1 I am still receiving some stutter. Its not as bad - but its still there, so I am thinking its probably multiple issues there. I also tested by removing all blocks under Tamriel and I do not stutter at all. Its perfectly smooth. So its definitely more than one block.

So my question: Is there anything specific I am looking for in these sub blocks and cells to help narrow this down a little quicker? Again thank you very much for your help.

The majority of cells contain one reference Tamriel_worshipper* that should not cause anything. You need to narrow down the problem to specific cells in order for us to see what kind of (overwrite) records might cause the issue.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

The majority of cells contain one reference Tamriel_worshipper* that should not cause anything. You need to narrow down the problem to specific cells in order for us to see what kind of (overwrite) records might cause the issue.

Okay understood Sheson thank you again. I have been working on this all day and its taking longer than expected, but I will message back when I am able to nail it down.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Eo9hTqahzjKDNuypYo1CzS62dBqc4hSM?usp=sharing logs

having a couple of issues - RockL04 is missing any lod models in game - it has a lod 0 model in dyndolod resources (rockl04_lod_0.nif) and in the majestic mountain lod pack (i tried building with and without the mm lod pack installed)

i tried setting a manual rule such that lod4-16 is set to render full and lod32 is set to render lod0 and the full render rules work but lod0 is just not showing up at all

also i have some like, dead, slanted trees, and the lod for them is standing upright - i imagine there is probably nothing that can be done for that though. but hopefully i am wrong. i did some googling and found almost nothing. searched this forum for RockL04 found nothing. any help? theres a lot of ignored duplicate references- i guess i accidentally deleted the templates for the merged patch and made another with the same esps. i would really rather not figure out what all went into them and make it again

Edited by tooandrew

57 minutes ago, tooandrew said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Eo9hTqahzjKDNuypYo1CzS62dBqc4hSM?usp=sharing logs

having a couple of issues - RockL04 is missing any lod models in game - it has a lod 0 model in dyndolod resources (rockl04_lod_0.nif) and in the majestic mountain lod pack (i tried building with and without the mm lod pack installed)

i tried setting a manual rule such that lod4-16 is set to render full and lod32 is set to render lod0 and the full render rules work but lod0 is just not showing up at all

also i have some like, dead, slanted trees, and the lod for them is standing upright - i imagine there is probably nothing that can be done for that though. but hopefully i am wrong. i did some googling and found almost nothing. searched this forum for RockL04 found nothing. any help? theres a lot of ignored duplicate references- i guess i accidentally deleted the templates for the merged patch and made another with the same esps. i would really rather not figure out what all went into them and make it again

You are loading the Low preset, which has a rule for \rockl setting None for all LOD levels. Remove that rule or move any custom for rockl04.nif above it so it can take effect. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules

Pay attention to the log messages, for example clean all plugin containing deleted references, the log messages about duplicate references seems to indicate that single plugins that have been merged are still active.

17 minutes ago, sheson said:

You are loading the Low preset, which has a rule for \rockl setting None for all LOD levels. Remove that rule or move any custom for rockl04.nif above it so it can take effect. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules

Pay attention to the log messages, for example clean all plugin containing deleted references, the log messages about duplicate references seems to indicate that single plugins that have been merged are still active.

i merged the same plugins into two merges i think. but i lost the merge template somehow so i would have to re-merge everything from scratch and im really not even sure what i merged into each, but it was a LOT of stuff and it doesnt seem to be breaking anything as it is and i dont want to do that. i will clean deleted references though.

thats crazy i set up a custom one following lexy's lotd guide - i guess i missed the step where you click high because i didnt realize it was based on low. if this is what low looks like im bout to lose my mind when i see high. thank you for your help

Edited by tooandrew

24 minutes ago, LittleGuy said:

DynDOLOD stalls several times during generation, often sitting at 0% with occasional spikes to 11% CPU utilization.
Logs: https://mega.nz/file/l7JjiZCK#5kDMcC6u1HRrCmcAEG6DblecDGyTSfdz9_CLYgCmqDY

This can last up to 20-30 minutes.

DynDOLOD makes use of texconv.exe (which the list of all processes in the task manager would show) and also uses the GPU while working on textures.

https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "Long running time or output several GB in file size"
Crapware installed with graphics drivers is known to prolong running times.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-103/page/187/#comment-254612

Also, the larger the resolution of full textures the longer things take.

I always try to keep an eye out for conflicts with the DynDOLOD Resources when I work on things, and I noticed that in Alpha-29 you included most mountain LOD0 meshes now. The only change I could see is that the Vertex_Alpha flag was removed. Should I carry this change forward, as I am working on improved LOD0 mountain meshes?

3 hours ago, Phlunder said:

I always try to keep an eye out for conflicts with the DynDOLOD Resources when I work on things, and I noticed that in Alpha-29 you included most mountain LOD0 meshes now. The only change I could see is that the Vertex_Alpha flag was removed. Should I carry this change forward, as I am working on improved LOD0 mountain meshes?

The vertex alpha flag itself should be irrelevant for LOD models as it is typically removed in the BTOs - any actual vertex alpha would be transparency with a threshold of 128.

The high/low vertex color alpha value for the snow LOD shader should still exist and make it into the BTO unchanged.

The update is to make sure that these remaining vanilla LOD models have the same BSTriShape names as the full models so the base record texture replacements can be correctly applied. The updated LOD models should now have the exact same BSShader / BSTexture settings as the full model.

• Thanks 1

I want to stop some shrubs from getting LODs at all.

(I've already got a mod stopping the full model from showing up in front of my character, and it's supposed to be a dyndolod friendly version but apparently not with ddlod 3 alpha 103).

1. Can I set rules for these shrub meshes to do this? It would look like the tundrascrub01.nif rule outlined in red with the specific rules settings outlined in orange (none, none, none, none, none, delete)?

2. Since all of these shrubs are technically trees (and I still want tree LODs for non-shrub trees), should I put these shrub-LOD-deleting rules above the tree rule or below it?

EDIT: I have read: https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules already, but I still don't know the answer to either question. I don't know how to interpret "Rules at the top match before rules at bottom" as far as which will win, lower or higher rule.

Thanks!

Untitled.png

Edited by tweedledumb99

8 hours ago, tweedledumb99 said:

I want to stop some shrubs from getting LODs at all.

(I've already got a mod stopping the full model from showing up in front of my character, and it's supposed to be a dyndolod friendly version but apparently not with ddlod 3 alpha 103).

1. Can I set rules for these shrub meshes to do this? It would look like the tundrascrub01.nif rule outlined in red with the specific rules settings outlined in orange (none, none, none, none, none, delete)?

2. Since all of these shrubs are technically trees (and I still want tree LODs for non-shrub trees), should I put these shrub-LOD-deleting rules above the tree rule or below it?

EDIT: I have read: https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules already, but I still don't know the answer to either question. I don't know how to interpret "Rules at the top match before rules at bottom" as far as which will win, lower or higher rule.

Thanks!

Untitled.png

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post.

Upload the the log and debug as explained in the first post.

What mod?

LOD is only generated for references that actually exist and for which a LOD asset exists.
https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-LOD
Tree LOD is generated if a tree LOD billboard is found for a tree in the load order. In this context trees are references that use base records of the types 'TREE' and 'STAT' with the 'Has Tree LOD' flag set.

By default there is no LOD model shipping for tundrascrub01.nif and TexGen does not generate a billboard for it.
Do not install any 3rd party billboards. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards#3rd-Party-LOD-Billboards
Do not force TexGen to generate billboard generation for things if you do not want LOD for it.

Mesh mask rules order matters. Move them to the top to make sure they apply. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules

When I start the game, I am getting DynDOLOD.DLL papyrus scripts are the wrong version. I am using 3.0 Alpha, scripts 2.82.3. SSE 1.6.640 and papyrus util. 4.4. My error messages are only large references. 

I reinstalled 3.0 alpha and it fixed my scripts. Thanks anyway.

1 hour ago, Spike2112 said:

When I start the game, I am getting DynDOLOD.DLL papyrus scripts are the wrong version. I am using 3.0 Alpha, scripts 2.82.3. SSE 1.6.640 and papyrus util. 4.4. My error messages are only large references. 

I reinstalled 3.0 alpha and it fixed my scripts. Thanks anyway.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Really read the entire page when doing things. You most likely set WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs=1 and ignored the requirements to install papyrus scripts version 3 for the experimental workarounds https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds#Requirements