DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Hi Sheson, thank you for your continued efforts in bettering the Skyrim mod scene. I'm currently having trouble with getting the Grass LOD generation to work correctly. I've followed all the appropriate steps to the T to ensure a proper LOD/Billboard generation for grasses, yet my efforts have failed. I will post the three Log files you require, in hopes that you can help me find the solution to my problem. I have generated the Precache Grass with NGIO successfully, except grass LOD does not seem to load in game. Upon further investigation of the files you explained to check, Grass/Billboard LOD DOES seem to be generated (i think.. if im reading the log correctly) , except I cannot see this in game. I have compressed the Log files as the sizes exceed the limit I can post on this thread, I hope this is not an inconvenience. I look forward to your response, thanks again.

TexGen_SSE_log.rar

LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.rar

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.rar

Edited by Thern

57 minutes ago, Thern said:

Hi Sheson, thank you for your continued efforts in bettering the Skyrim mod scene. I'm currently having trouble with getting the Grass LOD generation to work correctly. I've followed all the appropriate steps to the T to ensure a proper LOD/Billboard generation for grasses, yet my efforts have failed. I will post the three Log files you require, in hopes that you can help me find the solution to my problem. I have generated the Precache Grass with NGIO successfully, except grass LOD does not seem to load in game. Upon further investigation of the files you explained to check, Grass/Billboard LOD DOES seem to be generated (i think.. if im reading the log correctly) , except I cannot see this in game. I have compressed the Log files as the sizes exceed the limit I can post on this thread, I hope this is not an inconvenience. I look forward to your response, thanks again.

TexGen_SSE_log.rar 38.48 kB · 0 downloads

LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.rar 7.65 kB · 0 downloads

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.rar 68.14 kB · 0 downloads

Also post the DynDOLOD_SSE_log and the DynDOLOD_SEE_Debug_log, and
DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt
DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt

The TexGen log is from version 2.85...?

From the TexGen_Debug log I can see a lot of grasses are being ignored because their bounds volumes are 0. See first entry of the Troubleshooting section of the second post.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Also post the DynDOLOD_SSE_log and the DynDOLOD_SEE_Debug_log, and
DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt
DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt

The TexGen log is from version 2.85...?

From the TexGen_Debug log I can see a lot of grasses are being ignored because their bounds volumes are 0. See first entry of the Troubleshooting section of the second post.

I'm not sure why the TexGen log is from version 2.85, I downloaded the Dyndolod 3.00 Alpha 33 Mega file you provide and copy/pasted the entire folder onto my normal DynDOLOD installation folder. Im unable to upload the DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log and the LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt as the file sizes are too large even when compressed to a .zip file. I can provide the DynDOLOD_SSE_log and the LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt though. Let me know if there is an alternative way I can send you the other two required files.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.rar LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.rar

6 hours ago, Thern said:

I'm not sure why the TexGen log is from version 2.85, I downloaded the Dyndolod 3.00 Alpha 33 Mega file you provide and copy/pasted the entire folder onto my normal DynDOLOD installation folder. Im unable to upload the DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log and the LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt as the file sizes are too large even when compressed to a .zip file. I can provide the DynDOLOD_SSE_log and the LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.txt though. Let me know if there is an alternative way I can send you the other two required files.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.rar 276.17 kB · 0 downloads LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_Tamriel.rar 213 B · 0 downloads

Use a file service or paste-bin for large log files.

DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html:
"Unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game or any mod manager folders."
A new directory means it is empty.

There are only two grass billboards listed in the grass_map file. So grass LOD is only generated for those two grasses.
As already explained, many grasses have no grass LOD billboard generated because oft their bounds being 0. See first entry of the Troubleshooting section of the second post.

19 minutes ago, Zanderat said:

Bruma question with DynDOLOD v.3xx.  Do these instructions still apply?

Thanks.

Unless the mod is updated to contain missing data and assets or someone somehow makes a mod adding that, then obviously users are still being prevented from properly generating LOD for the new worldspace.

I have a question about using two computers.  I have a desktop with GTX 1070 (1440p) and a laptop with GTX 1060 (1080p).  Up until getting the grass billboards with the 3.0 I've been able to load the same saved files on both computers and play Skyrim, having the exact same mods and settings.  However, with the grass billboards my framerate on the laptop drops lower than I'd like.  My question is, is it a good idea to generate the dyndolod and textures without the grass billboards on the laptop and use the same saved files as the desktop, which has the grass billboards?

Thank you

Edited by ikonomov

12 hours ago, ikonomov said:

I have a question about using two computers.  I have a desktop with GTX 1070 (1440p) and a laptop with GTX 1060 (1080p).  Up until getting the grass billboards with the 3.0 I've been able to load the same saved files on both computers and play Skyrim, having the exact same mods and settings.  However, with the grass billboards my framerate on the laptop drops lower than I'd like.  My question is, is it a good idea to generate the dyndolod and textures without the grass billboards on the laptop and use the same saved files as the desktop, which has the grass billboards?

Thank you

As explained, the grass LOD is done in object LOD object, which is meshes and textures just like tree and terrain LOD. Meshes and textures are not part and do not affect save data.

15 hours ago, sheson said:

As explained, the grass LOD is done in object LOD object, which is meshes and textures just like tree and terrain LOD. Meshes and textures are not part and do not affect save data.

Thank you!

Hi.

I've successfully created tree textures with TexGen. I want to use them for the HDTreemode (normal mapped billboards). And now I have two questions.

a:
NVM.
Found the correct billboard mode.

b:
There are people who don't use the new DynDoLod alpha. And I want to upload the billboard textures for them.
Does it work if users are installing the textures in the same path while using a previous DynDoLod version?

Edited by T4GTR34UM3R

1 hour ago, T4GTR34UM3R said:

Hi.

I've successfully created tree textures with TexGen. I want to use them for the HDTreemode (normal mapped billboards). And now I have two questions.

a:
NVM.
Found the correct billboard mode.

b:
There are people who don't use the new DynDoLod alpha. And I want to upload the billboard textures for them.
Does it work if users are installing the textures in the same path while using a previous DynDoLod version?

Only the standard tree LOD billboards can be used with xLODGen and DynDOLOD 2.x
Do not include the HD billboards (the ones with _1 and _2 in the filename) in a download for users. They only work with the current version of DynDOLOD 3 alpha.

Hello, my first post here, love your work!

Any way, I found a bug with DynoDOLOD and Gildergreen Regrown while working on my own Gildergreen mod with DynDOLOD support. Currently LOD references for the fully grown tree aren't being generated (quest stage 15). Only the 75% scaled, partially regrown version is being placed (quest stage 10). To be fair, it looks like Gildergreen Regrown is actually tricking the game into spawning the regular tree (as if you'd went the sap route) when it's all said and done. So it's not referenced in the mod at all if using xEdit and whatnot. So it's probably scripted to manipulate the vanilla quest in some way.

Thanks and, again, keep up the great work! :)

1 hour ago, fuhq2mofo said:

Hello, my first post here, love your work!

Any way, I found a bug with DynoDOLOD and Gildergreen Regrown while working on my own Gildergreen mod with DynDOLOD support. Currently LOD references for the fully grown tree aren't being generated (quest stage 15). Only the 75% scaled, partially regrown version is being placed (quest stage 10). To be fair, it looks like Gildergreen Regrown is actually tricking the game into spawning the regular tree (as if you'd went the sap route) when it's all said and done. So it's not referenced in the mod at all if using xEdit and whatnot. So it's probably scripted to manipulate the vanilla quest in some way.

Thanks and, again, keep up the great work! :)

You probably have a mod that changes the baserecord / model and there is no LOD model for it.

More information is required, what's the load order?

Does it work with DynDOLOD 2.x?

Hmm, nothing installed that affects the Gildergreen, other than Gildergreen Regrown itself. And the LODs are working fine for the 75% scaled version from quest stage 10, which also uses the fully regrown model. But nothing changes when GGR finishes on stage 15, it keeps the 75% scaling on the LOD.

Load order for my SSEEdit is currently:
USSEP
DynoDOLOD.esm
Gildergreen Regrown.esp
DynoDOLOD.esp

I mean, I am seeing 2 different references in DynDOLOD.esp for the tree. But they're both scaled to 0.75, maybe one of those shouldn't be?
gildergreenregrownesp_0012DE_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_LOD
gildergreenregrownesp_0048E8_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_LOD

Also, the tree reverts to the base version (RefID 000461ce) from Skyrim.esm when GGR finishes on stage 15. So it leaves no trace of itself when it's done. Maybe that's causing an issue?

And I'm generating 2.x LODs now will report back tomorrow (3am here) ;)